California Exit

quackersmacker

But, wasn't there an attempt/thought to split the state in two - the normal folks wants to separate from the extreme leftist portion along the coast.

That failed for the same reason the attempt/thought to split Crook County into 5 counties failed - LWW's want to impose their beliefs on others.

But, wasn't there an attempt/thought to split the state in two - the normal folks wants to separate from the extreme leftist portion along the coast.

That failed for the same reason the attempt/thought to split Crook County into 5 counties failed - LWW's want to impose their beliefs on others.

Hey... We've already been split three times! First we were part of Puntnam Co. Then Lake County was taken from Cook... Followed by DuPage. We're still more populous than 28 of the 50 states.

California, and every blue state for that matter, cannot survive on their own and they know it. Let them blather like idiots.

No loss for the rest of the US: lower drain on our economy from liberal policies. We buy produce from all over the world, Cali would still need to sell their wares and goods. No issues there.

As said, no more democrat presidents.

US military has bases/posts all over the world. We would have one there too.

The only downside would be a passport to fly to that county, but really, who would check. With no TSA in Cali, all can come in.

I don't see a downside...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Several years ago, back in the 70s if I recall correctly, I read an article about a Russian General that theorized that the US would ultimately break up into six or seven smaller sub units. East coast, West coast, Midwest, Alaska Northern, between the mountain ranges, deep south, etc. At the time, I thought the guy was nuts, but as time goes by and the issues dividing us become more pronounced, his predictions seem more and more likely.

Which would suck for us being part of the liberal bastion we call Illinois.

Actually probably not.

Illinois would be part of the Midwest and the liberals likely would be forced into submission.

Perhaps Chicago could become a walled city, a la Berlin, part of the East Coast insanity.....

Hey... We've already been split three times! First we were part of Puntnam Co. Then Lake County was taken from Cook... Followed by DuPage. We're still more populous than 28 of the 50 states.

Thank goodness for that! It's the only way I can live in the Chicagoland suburbs. When searching for a house, my only requirement was "it cannot be in Cook County". Although DuPage has moved way too far left (back from when I was growing up here), it is still at least "middle of the road" instead of hard-core leftist. No gun bans here. Fewer crazy taxes. Fewer authoritarian rules.

Several years ago, back in the 70s if I recall correctly, I read an article about a Russian General that theorized that the US would ultimately break up into six or seven smaller sub units. East coast, West coast, Midwest, Alaska Northern, between the mountain ranges, deep south, etc. At the time, I thought the guy was nuts, but as time goes by and the issues dividing us become more pronounced, his predictions seem more and more likely.

Which would suck for us being part of the liberal bastion we call Illinois.

Actually probably not.

Illinois would be part of the Midwest and the liberals likely would be forced into submission.

Perhaps Chicago could become a walled city, a la Berlin, part of the East Coast insanity.....

been saying for years we should give Chicastro to Canada (so they can get all the govt heathcare&gun control) and then build a giant Berlin wall around it.....

Thank goodness for that! It's the only way I can live in the Chicagoland suburbs. When searching for a house, my only requirement was "it cannot be in Cook County". Although DuPage has moved way too far left (back from when I was growing up here), it is still at least "middle of the road" instead of hard-core leftist. No gun bans here. Fewer crazy taxes. Fewer authoritarian rules.

It used to be VERY RIGHT when I moved in, you couldn't find a Democrat they wouldn't even try to knock on a door, then they started sending young kids that didn't know better and I'm sure they still heard a bunch of get the f... of my property. Now I see signs and it makes me puke. I'm not afraid I wanted to make one of those with a AR pictured on it and say me neither!

Kind of off topic, but not totally, maybe..... We've been working on moving to Colorado Springs early next summer. CO Spgs has always been among the most conservative cities in the country. But their city council just went majority Dumocrat! And they're even talking about the "Boulderization" of Colorado Springs. No thanks. Hello, Tennessee! 85% of the legislature is Republican. Should be ok for a couple decades. That outta get me through it.

Kind of off topic, but not totally, maybe..... We've been working on moving to Colorado Springs early next summer. CO Spgs has always been among the most conservative cities in the country. But their city council just went majority Dumocrat! And they're even talking about the "Boulderization" of Colorado Springs. No thanks. Hello, Tennessee! 85% of the legislature is Republican. Should be ok for a couple decades. That outta get me through it.

Very left anymore, almost like Austin Texas... Queer's and Steers....

One positive side to Calexit: There will never be another democrat president. 55 Electoral votes poofed.

The Democrats in all the other states will not allow it to happen.

THAT is a very astute observation! They would have everything to lose. So the liberals will defeat the liberals. On purpose. Oh, my goodness.

Lol in agreement to let them leave, they must construct a huge wall that they can't get over around their borders before we let them secede. That way they can wallow in their own filth for a while. This is coming from a guy who was born on a military base out there.

We shall see how they cope without all the water, energy, and military that we provide them. The majority of their taxes is paid by roughly 2,500 people out of 40 million. Wonder if we can film the next fury road once those 2,500 leave :P

Archived