HB4107 Assault Weapons Ban

mauserme

I'm not that concerned about this passing right now, though we do have to be vigilant. I am MUCH more concerned about something like this passing after the next gubernatorial election, which I'm guessing will give us Pritzker, and ultimately an Assault Weapons Ban with possibly more teeth.

In all honesty, if it happens, I'm really considering selling the AR at its max value and buying a few others I want, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to do it.

I'm not that concerned about this passing right now, though we do have to be vigilant. I am MUCH more concerned about something like this passing after the next gubernatorial election, which I'm guessing will give us Pritzker, and ultimately an Assault Weapons Ban with possibly more teeth.

In all honesty, if it happens, I'm really considering selling the AR at its max value and buying a few others I want, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to do it.

I won't be selling anything. I'll simply be packing up my stuff in a U-Haul. The AWB in Chicago is bad enough, but at least I can keep them stored outside of the city.

Assault weapon attachments. So no more pistol grips, telescoping/folding stocks, barrel shrouds, vertical foregrips, flash hiders, etc. Yeah, ok. LOL Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

DONT FORGET THE SHOULDER THING THAT GOES UP! That's extra deadlier, and unlocks god mode and infinite ammo!

I'm thinking about sending Dick and Trammy an alert on the newest, deadliest weapon that needs to be banned..........

The .426 caliber "Blastomat".

Packed with features, including......

Four-barrel, Double pumper Holley intake

Schmitt Trigger

Key Grip

Superheterodyne Receiver

Ported and polished heads

Heatsinked MOSFET

Thermal overload protection

Harmonic balancer

Optocoupled staging

Fully pressurized lube system

.....and much much more

It's clearly time for a change. I carry a weapon today because the gun lobbies and legislatures have completely failed the United States when it comes to gun control. There are so many people armed, who are grossly unqualified or generally unfit to possess, let alone use firearms. It creates a dangerous environment for everyone - there is no debate on that fact.

Still fantasizing about standing up to the government? I met a similar bunch of that type in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yeah, they had their assault rifles, some even had some bigger stuff, but it didn't matter - we crushed them. Think about your fantasy about fighting the government; against professionals you're dead and you're not taking us with you (that's why we're professionals).

The fact is: most people who have guns have never fought, nor would they fight (rise up or use whatever word you'd like), when it comes time to act. Everyone is bold when there's nothing to fear, but when it comes time to suit up, that's when we clearly identify those with courage. It's time to end the "second amendment" charade and clean up the guns.

Want to shoot guns -- really lethal and powerful guns, job the Army and you'll live your dream. You can even go into a real combat zone where you'll find out if you're the sort who fights, or the sort that hides behind the big rocks. Wouldn't that be worth knowing? I mean proving to yourself that you've got the courage to enter a firefight. It's not for the faint of heart and it's not like the movies.

Everyone is asking for background checks and assault gun restrictions. Those don’t work and really never have. To say gun control is a failure isn’t correct, it’s our fumbling attempts to create controls which have failed. Here’s what needs to be done:

1. The sale of all firearms must be controlled by the federal government. No patchwork of state laws or loopholes. One set of laws which applies to everyone, regardless of state of residence. The interstate commerce clause covers this.

a. No more sales at gun shows unless you’re a federally licensed dealer.

b. Person to person sales are no longer authorized. Reselling must be conducted through a federally licensed dealer.

c. All firearms must be registered in a national (federal) database. Don’t give me any crap about the Nazi’s requiring registration, the Nazi’s had taxes too but I don’t see anyone up in arms about tax reform.

d. You may transfer firearms to family members as part of your estate, but the recipient must meet all qualifications detailed in 2 below.

2. In order to qualify to purchase a weapon, the following must be completed:

a. State and Federal criminal record checks.

b. 40 hours of firearms training - can you believe someone can own a weapon without training! Maybe it’s the Army Officer in me, but you don’t put someone in charge of something which may hurt the individual or many individuals without training.

c. You must be screened for mental illness.

3. In order to maintain the privilege to own a firearm, you must complete all portion of 2. Above every calendar year. Failure to comply results in immediate removal of all firearms until certification requirements are met.

4. Each year, the individual to whom a gun is registered will present all guns to a federally licensed deal for inventory and inspection.

a. Weapons will be inspected for modifications. Any unauthorized modifications result in confiscation of all firearms and loss of privilege to possess firearms.

b. Failure to produce all registered weapons during inventory results in confiscation of all firearms and arrest. (no more straw buyers)

This is far from legislation, but it’s the framework we need to maintain some semblance of control. As I was thinking about this, I imagined how tightly we controlled access to weapons in the Army. If you told me 11,000 soldiers would we killed each year by gun violence, there would be immediate actions from our command to enact controls – or heads would roll. Our politicians seem comfortable accepting those 11,000 disposable lives; but I guess there not donors or we would see action overnight.

It's clearly time for a change. I carry a weapon today because the gun lobbies and legislatures have completely failed the United States when it comes to gun control. There are so many people armed, who are grossly unqualified or generally unfit to possess, let alone use firearms. It creates a dangerous environment for everyone - there is no debate on that fact.

I encourage you to start that debate in a new thread devoted to that topic.

Please begin with specifics about the dangerous environment created by lawfully carried firearms in states like Indiana, for example, that require no training.

Still fantasizing about standing up to the government? I met a similar bunch of that type in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yeah, they had their assault rifles, some even had some bigger stuff, but it didn't matter - we crushed them. Think about your fantasy about fighting the government; against professionals you're dead and you're not taking us with you (that's why we're professionals).

The fact is: most people who have guns have never fought, nor would they fight (rise up or use whatever word you'd like), when it comes time to act. Everyone is bold when there's nothing to fear, but when it comes time to suit up, that's when we clearly identify those with courage. It's time to end the "second amendment" charade and clean up the guns.

Want to shoot guns -- really lethal and powerful guns, job the Army and you'll live your dream. You can even go into a real combat zone where you'll find out if you're the sort who fights, or the sort that hides behind the big rocks. Wouldn't that be worth knowing? I mean proving to yourself that you've got the courage to enter a firefight. It's not for the faint of heart and it's not like the movies.

Everyone is asking for background checks and assault gun restrictions. Those don’t work and really never have. To say gun control is a failure isn’t correct, it’s our fumbling attempts to create controls which have failed. Here’s what needs to be done:

1. The sale of all firearms must be controlled by the federal government. No patchwork of state laws or loopholes. One set of laws which applies to everyone, regardless of state of residence. The interstate commerce clause covers this.

b. Person to person sales are no longer authorized. Reselling must be conducted through a federally licensed dealer.

c. All firearms must be registered in a national (federal) database. Don’t give me any crap about the Nazi’s requiring registration, the Nazi’s had taxes too but I don’t see anyone up in arms about tax reform.

d. You may transfer firearms to family members as part of your estate, but the recipient must meet all qualifications detailed in 2 below.

b. 40 hours of firearms training - can you believe someone can own a weapon without training! Maybe it’s the Army Officer in me, but you don’t put someone in charge of something which may hurt the individual or many individuals without training.

3. In order to maintain the privilege to own a firearm, you must complete all portion of 2. Above every calendar year. Failure to comply results in immediate removal of all firearms until certification requirements are met.

4. Each year, the individual to whom a gun is registered will present all guns to a federally licensed deal for inventory and inspection.

a. Weapons will be inspected for modifications. Any unauthorized modifications result in confiscation of all firearms and loss of privilege to possess firearms.

b. Failure to produce all registered weapons during inventory results in confiscation of all firearms and arrest. (no more straw buyers)

This is far from legislation, but it’s the framework we need to maintain some semblance of control. As I was thinking about this, I imagined how tightly we controlled access to weapons in the Army. If you told me 11,000 soldiers would we killed each year by gun violence, there would be immediate actions from our command to enact controls – or heads would roll. Our politicians seem comfortable accepting those 11,000 disposable lives; but I guess there not donors or we would see action overnight.

B S

WOW, JUST WOW. If you are truly a member of our military all I can say is that you are misguided. Under #3 you call owning firearms a privilege. I'm sorry but you need to be educated on what a Right is under the Constitution. It is not a privilege.

I am really taken back by your stance on this issue. You are so far off I at a loss for words. ******* unbelievable.

I guess this guy is going carry on Eddie Acevedo's tradition of introducing "Assault" weapons bans...

Someone always will, probably be a mirror bill filed in the senate if they think any movement is possible.

Kind of an uncharted territory this go around. So many announcing either their retirement, other ambitions or no longer seeking re-election we have back to back lame duck sessions in the works. Not sure how many may be turn votes, if any, but definitely a scenario not faced many times if at all. I think we can count on Phelps to hold fast, gonna miss him on our side opposite side of the aisle.

Wonder what all the AWB's would look like over the years. Same text, just new additions for the latest maniacs antics.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., October 6, 2017 at 04:22 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., October 6, 2017 at 04:22 AM - No reason given

You're an idiot. I've never called anyone a name before on this forum, so you'd better believe you earned it.

Hey JamesBrendel,

You'd really like to just repeal the 2nd Amendment. That might be met with some resistance. You have no idea. Sooooo glad you're in such a teeny tiny minority viewpoint.

It's

You're an idiot. I've never called anyone a name before on this forum, so you'd better believe you earned it.

"Troll" would have been my first choice.

I especially like how:

"Everyone is asking for background checks and assault gun restrictions. Those don’t work and really never have."

brings us to:

"State and Federal criminal record checks."

and

"Weapons will be inspected for modifications. Any unauthorized modifications result in confiscation of all firearms and loss of privilege [sic] to possess firearms."

You sir are a disgrace to the uniform you claim to wear. A true veteran would uphold their oath to support and defend the constitution from all enemies both foreign and domestic. If you are a member of the Army then congratulations on coming out as a traitor.

If anyone wants to start a fund to send this poser to a gun free country I will gladly donate to it.

You sir are a disgrace to the uniform you claim to wear. A true veteran would uphold their oath to support and defend the constitution from all enemies both foreign and domestic. If you are a member of the Army then congratulations on coming out as a traitor.

If anyone wants to start a fund to send this poser to a gun free country I will gladly donate to it.

+1!

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., October 6, 2017 at 04:22 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., October 6, 2017 at 04:22 AM - No reason given

I'll bite.

Young. Less than 30 years old.

Middle child. Two sisters.

Public schooled.

College indoctrinated.

Parents either wealthy, or on public dole.

If in US Military, a cook or always on KP

Oh, an off your meds.

Real men, true American servicemen and servicewomen, will never give up or "register" their firearms without a fight.

The Oathe ... foreign and domestic.

Archived