Responding to CCL Review Board Request for Statement

I’m also going to go get my rap sheet today just to be sure. But when I got my rap sheet other times it was 2-3 cases on mine that weren’t me. Same name different spelling and he was born in the 70s I was born in 89. That might be the mix up

If those are still on your record, you need to do a records correction with the ISP bureau of identification and get them off.

Isiah make sure you take a look at page 1. Me and molly put all the information you need on here. Remember a LEO can object you from having a CCL off police reports or being in a gang database.When you learn what they are objecting for comeback and let us know but make sure you keep a eye on any letters from the ISP and check the portal every 3 or 4 days. Also when you send your response in i would advise to MAIL AND SEND IT THROUGH THE PORTAL SO YOU CAN MAKE SURE THEY RECEIVED IT.

I looked at that ima do exactly that and no I have no gang activity on my records. My records are expunged and cleared out of ISP database and FBI. I sent ISP my expungement papers in sept 2018 that’s why I’m lost as to why I am under review. All I can think I’m OG is maybe CPD making false arrests like they did other people in here who stories I read. I hope the Board over rule it on their own

So I got my letter from ISP about the review board. But it’s not the paper I read all of you got. My paper just telling me that I received an objection and that the review board gon need 30 days. And I’ll get another letter if they need another 30. Did any of you get this letter. Because I thought the first letter tells you who objected and what the charges were‍♂️ Did you guys get this letter too? How long until the next letter came?

• 3 weeks later...
Hey so after 26 Long Days isp finally updated my profile telling me why I was objected. And 12-6-13 me and my girlfriend had an argument. She never filed a police report but the police talked to her asking what happened and she told them but she never filed papers on me or anything for domestic battery but cpd is claiming that’s why I was objected. Now me and her did have a dispute but she said she never filed papers my ? Is what should I say to the review board and will they over turn this cuz that was 6 years ago and me and her are still together with a kid and live together. and havent had any other incidents since 2013 HELP!!!

The CPD did the same to me. The said i 'grabbed my girlfriend arm during a verbal altercation' which was a total BS.The first thing you need to do is go to CPD headquarters on 35th with that report number and ask for a Freedom of Information request. You will fill out a little piece of paper asking for more information about this report. Make sure you get a copy of that request and make sure you put a good email address and phone number so they can send you the report or they may give you the option to pick it up. I will tell you now the CPD will probably will not release this report because they never sent me a report to my email but they did sent me a email telling they could not release this information. The next thing you want to do is get a signed affidavit from you and your current girlfriend stating that there was never any domestic violence on that that date just a disagreement. Write a 1 or 2 page letter explaining what happened and send any information showing that you are productive citizen in society. Check out the first page of this thread on all the papers i sent them. You may also want to print out a copy of her ID with that affidavit. The next thing you want to do is UPLOAD AND SEND PAPERS TO THE ISP REVIEW BOARD ADDRESS.Write a good letter and you should be ok.The review board has seen many of these false or mistaken identity objections from the CPD.

Hey so after 26 Long Days isp finally updated my profile telling me why I was objected. And 12-6-13 me and my girlfriend had an argument. She never filed a police report but the police talked to her asking what happened and she told them but she never filed papers on me or anything for domestic battery but cpd is claiming that’s why I was objected. Now me and her did have a dispute but she said she never filed papers my ? Is what should I say to the review board and will they over turn this cuz that was 6 years ago and me and her are still together with a kid and live together. and havent had any other incidents since 2013 HELP!!!

Remember you only have 15 days to send that information in.

In my response I stated what happened that day and how me and her are still together & moved on from that incident and have a kid together. I listed my job & what I do & how I’m in no way a danger to myself or people around me. Also included how I have matured since then & learned from that situation & that was our ONLY & last incident. Hope all goes well

Did you already put the response in?

In my response I stated what happened that day and how me and her are still together & moved on from that incident and have a kid together. I listed my job & what I do & how I’m in no way a danger to myself or people around me. Also included how I have matured since then & learned from that situation & that was our ONLY & last incident. Hope all goes well

Also make sure that you do not admit to any criminal act in making your explanation. And merely waiving an arm at someone without contact could legally be an assault while you may only consider as gesturing. You may want to have someone else look over it to get their take. Don't say anymore than you absolutely have to because anything that could be interpreted as you doing something wrong will be taken that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I was denied my Illinois CCL by the review board after I responded to the objections listed in their letter which where a few police reports of complaints which nothing ever came from and four or five arrests that were dismissed and I have no convictions on my rap sheet. I did not appeal within the 35 days as I figured I would just go and get my record expunged. I know that ISP will have the opportunity to object to my petition for expungement. So should I contact ISP and request that my application be removed from the system now before I start my expungement process? Or is there any reason why I would want to wait until after the expungement to request it be removed ?

I was denied my Illinois CCL by the review board after I responded to the objections listed in their letter which where a few police reports of complaints which nothing ever came from and four or five arrests that were dismissed and I have no convictions on my rap sheet. I did not appeal within the 35 days as I figured I would just go and get my record expunged. I know that ISP will have the opportunity to object to my petition for expungement. So should I contact ISP and request that my application be removed from the system now before I start my expungement process? Or is there any reason why I would want to wait until after the expungement to request it be removed ?

I don't think it would make much difference. It does seem to take a long time to get an application cleared from the system though.

• 2 weeks later...