CCL Insurance

cbbanks03

Does anyone have conceal carry insurance?

If so, how much is additional coverage?

Thanks.

Yes, many of us do and it's been discussed quite a few times. Try using the search function for "conceal carry insurance". Hours of reading fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get you started

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=65032

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64656

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56210

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59981

I have CCW Safe. $129 per year and they seem pretty good.

There have been several attempts to figure out the difference between all the options, but I've never seen anything really definitive. Seems like the differences are fairly minor between CCW Safe, USCCA, Second Call Defense, and NRA Carry Guard. Not all of them are actually insurance but rather "legal services memberships" though some of them have transitioned into insurance models. There's also the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, but they seemed to offer the least coverage compared to the rest in terms on monetary maximums. That may have changed recently.

Honestly, with how much each of these companies change, it seems like quibbling over differences that might later disappear is an exercise in futility. Pick one and go for it. Self defense shootings are very rare so it's statistically unlikely that you'll use it. In the event that you find yourself in a legal situation after a self defense incident, then having something is better than nothing.

If there is a definitive answer as to which service is best and why, I'm all ears. Until then I'll probably just stick with CCW Safe, though the NRA Carry Guard does have the NRA's name attached to it which might be of some benefit. But who knows?

NRA recently announced a new and greatly improved insurance program during its annual meeting late April. This link covers it.

https://www.nracarryguard.com/

I moved from USCCA Platinum to NRA Carry Guard Gold. They are similar but no-charge coverage for my spouse made it a no-brainer.

Here's something from NRA Carry Guards FAQ's:

-How does NRA Carry Guard compare to other similar programs?

NRA Carry Guard is the only carry program developed and supported by the NRA and includes NRA training and education. This is the premier product available on the market today and all benefits are fully insured by Chubb®, the largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company in the world. We encourage you to compare the following highlights of membership to other plans:

•Each NRA Carry Guard Member has his or her own insurance limit. Other plans may have a shared limit among all members.

•Spouses are automatically covered at no additional cost.

•Family members who live with the NRA Carry Guard member are covered for acts of self-defense in the home at no additional cost.

•Civil defense legal fees are in addition to the insurance limit for each membership level.

•All NRA Carry Guard benefits are fully insured. Other plans may utilize a committee to determine whether benefits apply.

•NRA Carry Guard members have immediate access to supplementary payments as needed of up to 20% of the Criminal Defense Costs limit including: ◦Attorney consultation and retainer fees

◦Bail money

◦Member loss of earning up to $250 per day

◦Lawful replacement of legally possessed firearm

◦Clean-up costs for member’s residence

◦Psychological support counseling

•NRA Carry Guard provides access to legal assistance as well as the ability to select your own counsel.

•NRA Carry Guard membership provides access to exclusive NRA training and education programs.

Does anyone know if NRA Carry Guard or any of the other plans cover you if you are an unpaid volunteer on a church security team and you are involved in a defensive incident?

I called NRA Carry Guard and was told you would be covered by NRA Carry Guard as long as you are an unpaid volunteer in that defensive incident. Please feel free to call them to confirm.

NRA Carry Guard seems pretty interesting, I just don't really know much about it. Some of the points above seem to specifically be targeting the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, specifically the pooled limits and the committee determining benefits, both of which seemed like deficiencies for ACLDN. CCW Safe is backed with an insurance policy now according to their website and I believe USCCA is as well. The NRA name brand might add some weight to their insurance product, especially if a case becomes political as you would have "The NRA" defending you I guess.

I still have a suspicion that there is very little separating most of these companies. I'm not brand loyal so I can be convinced to switch, but until I see anything really concrete, CCW Safe seems to do just fine. I'm sure Second Call Defense, USCCA, and NRA Carry Guard are all fine options too.

I have CCW Safe. $129 per year and they seem pretty good.

There have been several attempts to figure out the difference between all the options, but I've never seen anything really definitive. Seems like the differences are fairly minor between CCW Safe, USCCA, Second Call Defense, and NRA Carry Guard. Not all of them are actually insurance but rather "legal services memberships" though some of them have transitioned into insurance models. There's also the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, but they seemed to offer the least coverage compared to the rest in terms on monetary maximums. That may have changed recently.

Honestly, with how much each of these companies change, it seems like quibbling over differences that might later disappear is an exercise in futility. Pick one and go for it. Self defense shootings are very rare so it's statistically unlikely that you'll use it. In the event that you find yourself in a legal situation after a self defense incident, then having something is better than nothing.

If there is a definitive answer as to which service is best and why, I'm all ears. Until then I'll probably just stick with CCW Safe, though the NRA Carry Guard does have the NRA's name attached to it which might be of some benefit. But who knows?

I agree with you . Comparisons can be twisted to suit the company selling the product. I am thinking of of going CCW SAFE and maybe change next year if there is a definitive advantage in changing.

Archived