RRA and Springfield Armory statements opposed to SB1657

spec5

Got my call back from Sarah at RRA a little bit ago and talked to her for about 15 min. I voiced all the concerns to her that everyone here as stated. The impression I got was that they truly did not realize what their lobbyist was doing. I told her that was a little hard to believe as even I knew what was going on as just a regular citizen and 2A advocate, how could a company whose business is firearms not know what was going on. She ensured me they are doing everything in their power to fight SB1657. I asked if they would be filing a lawsuit if it passes and she would not comment on that. I told her that even though I was disappointed in RRA for their lack of over aight that I was doing all I could to defeat this bill and that in this fight our goals are now one and the same.

Got my call back from Sarah at RRA a little bit ago and talked to her for about 15 min. I voiced all the concerns to her that everyone here as stated. The impression I got was that they truly did not realize what their lobbyist was doing. I told her that was a little hard to believe as even I knew what was going on as just a regular citizen and 2A advocate, how could a company whose business is firearms not know what was going on. She ensured me they are doing everything in their power to fight SB1657. I asked if they would be filing a lawsuit if it passes and she would not comment on that. I told her that even though I was disappointed in RRA for their lack of over aight that I was doing all I could to defeat this bill and that in this fight our goals are now one and the same.

Thank you for asking about that lawsuit. I'm growing weary of both company's saying they'll do everything in their power. What does that mean? What will they do?

Just go off the phone with Stefany from SA and addressed the same issues to her. Asked if they had been in contact with Gov Rauner, and while not answering me directly I got the impression that they are. Asked if they would file a lawsuit if God forbid this bill passes and was told they will do everything to kill SB1657. Asked if they would not accept the exemption and got no comment on that, which is what I expected. Pretty much the same answers that RRA gave. I could tell she was worn out and beat down, so I was very please with her and said even though I was frustrated with SA and RRA we are now all fighting the same enemy.

The ball is their court now for sure. Both companies have made public apologies, both have restated their committment to kill the bill in the House and make their opposition known to the Governor. Short of being put into a pillory in the public square in Geneseo and providing free rotted fruit for passersby to hurl at them, I am unsure what else they can do at this juncture to make amends, beyond making good on their promises.

I don't foresee the Reese family selling off Springfield Armory and stepping down from their family business.

I am willing to forgive but I do not forget.

Archived