FOID question...

If it says notarized, I'd expect it to be true!But just for giggles since you asked, send it in without being notarized and see if it's ILBS!

Could just be a suggestion.......

I would guess even in Missouri notarized is given the same meaning.

Stupid question? I guess.

However, my application for foid didn't require a notary. His signature doesn't require a notary.

The only thing that requires a notary is my statement that I am his parent and meet the standards required to obtain a foid.

Duh, been there done that, got the fancy plastic with the ten digit number to prove it, along with the other fancy plastic with the same number but a pretty blue stripe at the top that says I can jump through their hoops.

So while I'm asking stupid questions...

As he is applying online, do I need to arrange transportation for the notary to my house to look at my computer, or should I load my computer up and meet the notary at an FFL. What is the transfer fee required for that?

I know I sound harsh. While that is intentional, it isn't directed at anyone here. I've lurked for a while and learned a great deal here, I just think that the whole foid concept is ridiculous.

It has been a long day, and I used up all my purple at the office.

I guess I would have no idea how a notary can notarize without his/her signature and see your signature and not use his or her notary seal. Are you sure you just don't apply online and follow up with the notarized verification? Edited by spec5

Still thinking about this. I'm struck that the part that bothers me most is not that we have to play the game. Jumping through hoops and paying fees for things that we could do so easily, and freely, just 10 miles down the road and across the bridge. What bothers me most, is not that I have to deal with it, but that my son has to.

How silly is that?

I guess it is whether you want it or whether you don't. Sometimes it's just the way it is until it isn't. Fill out the paperwork and submit it and put the process behind you. It's not worth worrying about. Edited by spec5

I guess I would have no idea how a notary can notarize without his/her signature and see your signature and not use his or her notary seal. Are you sure you just don't apply online and follow up with the notarized verification?

From the FAQ (but still does not address notary answer when application done online)

. Minor Applicants

Can I apply for a FOID Card if I am not 21 years of age?

Yes, a minor can apply for a FOID card with a parent or legal guardian sponsor. The parent or legal guardian must be eligible for a FOID card. The parent or legal guardian must also sign an affidavit and attach it to the application. (At this time, if you were born after January 1, 2000, you must submit your application through the alternative call-in method via the Customer Service Call Center at 217-782-7980.)

Edited by InterestedBystander

I guess I would have no idea how a notary can notarize without his/her signature and see your signature and not use his or her notary seal. Are you sure you just don't apply online and follow up with the notarized verification?

From the FAQ (but still does not address notary answer when application done online)

. Minor Applicants

Can I apply for a FOID Card if I am not 21 years of age?

Yes, a minor can apply for a FOID card with a parent or legal guardian sponsor. The parent or legal guardian must be eligible for a FOID card. The parent or legal guardian must also sign an affidavit and attach it to the application. (At this time, if you were born after January 1, 2000, you must submit your application through the alternative call-in method via the Customer Service Call Center at 217-782-7980.)

And there's the answer to the question. Minors must apply via the alternative call-in method described above.

If born after 2000.

Per the Count, theres an affidavit form link to download, notarize, scan and submit...or at least there was before

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57833&do=findComment&comment=934336

"Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

So to answer my own question, yes, for the online process you must create an account for each child, and go though the online application process. You will get to the part where you have to send in a parent / guardian affidavit. Download the blank form, take it to a Public Notary to notarize your signature. Digitize the affidavit - they accept jpeg so if nothing else you can just scan it and upload the digital copy of the affidavit to ISP's site. Take a head & shoulder's picture of your kid and upload that too."

Edited by InterestedBystander