CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

KENDLLB360

Hey everyone, I am a fellow p***** off member of the "I'm on board review" group. I keep reading post about how screwed up this all is. And so why not stop talking about it and take action??!! Who's with me!!!!! Let's all get a lawyer who can represent us in court and take the fight to the state for once. Bc the rules of law are simple and plain text. If you qualify you should get your card pointblank. If they have no "clear" evidence of danger, threat, mental illness or anything, then we should NOT have to wait like this. They did not wait to take all my money. But I have to wait in a shall issue state?? It's been over a year now. It's too much.

What can we sue for??? Bc whatever it is we need to do it. Take advantage of any opportunities to give the state a taste of their own medicine

The best is to sue for a writ of mandamus. Issue the FCCL if there is no real objection. Lots of lawyer fees.

And yes, the scummy politicians in Illannoy did that on purpose.

What can we sue for??? Bc whatever it is we need to do it. Take advantage of any opportunities to give the state a taste of their own medicine

In this state it took a guy who was an armed security guard that was not allowed to carry anywhere else than at work, and then finally a woman who was beaten by a criminal scumbag in a church for a bit of cash to sue the state to get the FCCL passed in the first place. So, that's probably about the level of damages that need to happen for this state to lose in court. Sounds insane, but it is what it is.

Well I live in a gang infested neighborhood in South chicago. Chances of me being shot are so high I can't explain. I've been shot at so many times already walking down the street. Thank God I was never hit. (I'm a fast runner) But it's insane that they put our lives in danger for so long. I have a right to "BUY" a gun, but you want to stop me from carrying it with me to do what it's made to do?? Which is keep me safe.

The best is to sue for a writ of mandamus. Issue the FCCL if there is no real objection. Lots of lawyer fees.

The problem with a writ of mandamus is, by the time you get through the courts, the review board (12-15 months behind last I heard) will have done the review and the plaintiff no longer has standing.

Well I live in a gang infested neighborhood in South chicago. Chances of me being shot are so high I can't explain. I've been shot at so many times already walking down the street. Thank God I was never hit. (I'm a fast runner) But it's insane that they put our lives in danger for so long. I have a right to "BUY" a gun, but you want to stop me from carrying it with me to do what it's made to do?? Which is keep me safe.

Well, I would start talking to some of the orgganizations like the NRA, GOA, etc. They know what the legal fight looks like, and they would be best to help give clear answers on what a legal fight like that would look like.

Yea that's the truth..as soon as you get close to court they will pass your card and then there's no point lol. So ridiculous. But I tell you all this, they told me in my letter of explanation that a MAJORITY of the board agreed that I'm a danger, due to being in a gang book bc of riding in a car with gang members one day (family members). Now they illegally marked me in the book as one. And that is their ONLY cause for objection. Not bc I have felonies. Not bc I'm mentally il, not bc I have a history of violence. But solely based on being put in a gang book by corrupt cops who KNOW it would hunt me later in life. I didn't even know I was in a gang book until a nice cop told me yrs later bc he felt bad for prejudging me after running my plates during a traffic stop. He said I popped up a gang member and it made him automatically more aggressive towards me Til we talked and he was even shocked that I have no criminal history. So then I figured out why the police always harassed me during traffic stops asking me if I was in a gang..but anyway. If they deny me based on that one issue, is that grounds to sue?? Considering that I do meet all the criteria

I read that even gang members can legally carry, as long as they have less than 3 gang related arrest in past 5 yrs. At the end of the day, gang members deserve not to be shot in cold blood too. Despite their lifestyle. But like I said before. A conceal carry is not a license to commit murder or a driveby. It's simply a license to keep yourself safe day to day from harm. A gang member with a license won't use his registered gun to go shoot up a street. It's dumb. He would be the same as anyone else, only carrying it to keep safe while he walking with his little girl or son on a dangerous street. No matter any persons crime or lifestyle..every human reserves the right to NOT be shot in cold blood. And to defend themselves.

I try not to be a pessimist, but sadly am by nature. I don't see this changing until someone who is under board review gets killed or seriously injured and THEN a suite is filed. Just my $0.02. I wish you the best of luck on this.

The problem with a writ of mandamus is, by the time you get through the courts, the review board (12-15 months behind last I heard) will have done the review and the plaintiff no longer has standing.

There are recent posts of people getting their 17th and 18th 30 day letters. Seems the board is getting further and further behind.

There are recent posts of people getting their 17th and 18th 30 day letters. Seems the board is getting further and further behind.

2800 behind based on KWC's FOIA request. They did something like process 98 applicants in the month of December.

The CCL RB reviewed an avg.343 objections in the last 3 months of 2016, compared to 168 in the first 3 months of 2016.

At the end of Dec. 2016 the total number was less than the number at the beginning of the month. This is the first time, I believe, that we've seen the board gain ground instead of losing ground.

Is it correct to assume they process objections in the order received and just move on while they wait on LE info or have to have multiple meetings on more complex applications? I assume they have delays waiting on LE response, delays where info received has board members of differing opinions on decision, and then those that are simply silly and can get approved quickly.

The CCL RB reviewed an avg.343 objections in the last 3 months of 2016, compared to 168 in the first 3 months of 2016.

At the end of Dec. 2016 the total number was less than the number at the beginning of the month. This is the first time, I believe, that we've seen the board gain ground instead of losing ground.

Is it correct to assume they process objections in the order received and just move on while they wait on LE info or have to have multiple meetings on more complex applications? I assume they have delays waiting on LE response, delays where info received has board members of differing opinions on decision, and then those that are simply silly and can get approved quickly.

Yes on all counts.

Trevis...your right i do need to move out of here but I just hate Indiana bc everything moves so darn gone slowly out there lol. It's a whole different life out there. But definitely less strick on firearms and the such. But really if I move, I'm thinking somewhere warm for a change. And yes molly I will deff be talking to someone about getting the gang file off of my record. Bc it has been so long that it's been following me and I didn't even know it. And now it's costing me my CCL and I'm not even a criminal.

I don't see this changing until someone who is under board review gets killed or seriously injured and THEN a suite is filed.

In this state it took a guy who was an armed security guard that was not allowed to carry anywhere else than at work, and then finally a woman who was beaten by a criminal scumbag in a church for a bit of cash to sue the state to get the FCCL passed in the first place. So, that's probably about the level of damages that need to happen for this state to lose in court. Sounds insane, but it is what it is.

Of course, the "civil immunity" clause would need to be considered. It makes things complicated. From the FCCA:

Sec. 45. Civil immunity; Board, employees, and agents. The Board, Department, local law enforcement agency, or the employees and agents of the Board, Department, or local law enforcement agency participating in the licensing process under this Act shall not be held liable for damages in any civil action arising from alleged wrongful or improper granting, denying, renewing, revoking, suspending, or failing to grant, deny, renew, revoke, or suspend a license under this Act, except for willful or wanton misconduct.

It would seem as though the many of the objections from Dart, that do not qualify as valid in regard to the law, could be considered willful misconduct. That is the problem as I see it, the volume of contested licenses. If they had merit we would see far fewer in number and a MUCH higher percentage of them being upheld by the board.

2800 behind based on KWC's FOIA request. They did something like process 98 applicants in the month of December.

The backlog dropped by 98 in December, taking it down to 2,385. The board actually reviewed 351 that month. Remember there are new ones coming in all the time.

Thanks for the clarification. I was going off the top of my head and have been sleeping well lately.

Of course, the "civil immunity" clause would need to be considered. It makes things complicated. From the FCCA:

Sec. 45. Civil immunity; Board, employees, and agents. The Board, Department, local law enforcement agency, or the employees and agents of the Board, Department, or local law enforcement agency participating in the licensing process under this Act shall not be held liable for damages in any civil action arising from alleged wrongful or improper granting, denying, renewing, revoking, suspending, or failing to grant, deny, renew, revoke, or suspend a license under this Act, except for willful or wanton misconduct.

They wouldn't need to be held personally liable. It could give us enough ground to stand upon to force some teeth and punitive measures into the law to force the review board to act within a timely manner. Of coarse in 4 years as the applications normalize, the review board won't have nearly as many cases to deal with.

I think it is absolutely bull kaka that the state can infringe our rights by delaying our rights and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. It's even worse that many people make excuses for the state, "they're just backed up" and accept it. No! We have an agreement with the state, and they are breaking that agreement when they don't gt FOID's and CCL's out in a timely manner. They need to be held accountable.

Archived