Chicago mag/awb enforced based on your address

mjw45

There is always misinformation on gun laws out there.

But I heard a new low this weekend that cost a dealer a sale (watched the customer take the gun back).

Transferring FFL(cook county based) told the customer that the ak pistol would be ok, but to take the 30rd mag back and get a 10 round.

That if he got stopped anywhere in the state that the police would look at his FOID address and arrest him for a restricted magazine.

Multiple fail.

I just shook my head and kept my mouth shut.

Sometimes you have to pick your battles, and I could feel that no good was going to come from trying to clear this one up.

I really wish there was a clear concise guide to gun laws.

Even second city cop got things wrong last week. I was not the only one that corrected them on out of state vehicle carry, but even the corrections disagreed with each other.

What a mess.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

There is always misinformation on gun laws out there. But I heard a new low this weekend that cost a dealer a sale (watched the customer take the gun back). Transferring FFL(cook county based) told the customer that the ak pistol would be ok, but to take the 30rd mag back and get a 10 round. That if he got stopped anywhere in the state that the police would look at his FOID address and arrest him for a restricted magazine. Multiple fail. I just shook my head and kept my mouth shut. Sometimes you have to pick your battles, and I could feel that no good was going to come from trying to clear this one up. I really wish there was a clear concise guide to gun laws. Even second city cop got things wrong last week. I was not the only one that corrected them on out of state vehicle carry, but even the corrections disagreed with each other. What a mess. Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

The laws are a mess because these liberal politicians have little to no experience with firearms.

Their focus is not on the welfare of their respective communities or the state but on the next election.

They simply draw up useless legislation to please their base for re-election purposes.

There is always misinformation on gun laws out there.

But I heard a new low this weekend that cost a dealer a sale (watched the customer take the gun back).

Transferring FFL(cook county based) told the customer that the ak pistol would be ok, but to take the 30rd mag back and get a 10 round.

That if he got stopped anywhere in the state that the police would look at his FOID address and arrest him for a restricted magazine.

Multiple fail.

I just shook my head and kept my mouth shut.

Sometimes you have to pick your battles, and I could feel that no good was going to come from trying to clear this one up.

I really wish there was a clear concise guide to gun laws.

Even second city cop got things wrong last week. I was not the only one that corrected them on out of state vehicle carry, but even the corrections disagreed with each other.

What a mess.

I think a bit of info about who and where the FFL is/was located would help a bit.

Who wants to go to a FFL and get completely wrong information, plus possibly purchase the wrong items you want and then find out later that the guy was wromg!

Do the community a favor and either post here or in the FFL thread about quality FFL's in the area so others can avoid this guy!

Do the community a favor and either post here or in the FFL thread about quality FFL's in the area so others can avoid this guy!

IMO it's better to educate him. It is unlikely the FFL is anti-gun & on Chicago's side, but is simply misinformed about this specific law.

Yes better idea completely.

So....how do "We" do that if we don't know where he is?

And what should this poster have been able to say to help this particular situation?

I've been to stores, not individual FFL's where they won't sell any large mags or AR's to Chicago addresses.

And no amount to polite conversation was going to get them to re-think that position.

The guy just had a booth next to me, works out of his house, not sure where he is.

As far as educating him, I have done enough of that to be a pretty good judge of when advice will be accepted and when it will just lead to an argument and bad feelings.

The selling ffl had already discussed it with him.

I only bother if I think there is a chance of changing someone's mind.

Archived