My FOID card was Denied. What do I do now?

So you checked the web site and it says "Denied"?

And since no one else told you, please don't take the CCL class until you get this resolved!

I'd hate to see you waste the class money before it is cleared up, just saying, it is a hefty fee.

It may take a few weeks to get that letter which MollyB is talking about, a neighbor got one last weeek.

Be sure to PM MollyB when you get it, she is the best at dealing with the ISP!

Hang in there, and Welcome to the forums......

I just saw all the posts. Thanks for replying. I sent off for my first FOID and it was Denied Thursday. No details yet. Someone told me if I made a mistake on it or my picture was insufficient they could deny. True?

This is true yes. If the address doesn't match what's on your DL, not enough address history or errors in said history it can be denied.

I just saw all the posts. Thanks for replying. I sent off for my first FOID and it was Denied Thursday. No details yet. Someone told me if I made a mistake on it or my picture was insufficient they could deny. True?

This is true yes. If the address doesn't match what's on your DL, not enough address history or errors in said history it can be denied.

I don't think that's true. I know that CCL apps with missing or incorrect information are "rejected," not "denied." I see no reason why the FOID would be any different.

I don't think that's true. I know that CCL apps with missing or incorrect information are "rejected," not "denied." I see no reason why the FOID would be any different.

Good point. We need clarification on what the ISP website says whether denied or rejected.

It was DENIED not REJECTED. How do I PM Molly B? I am 100% new to any forum but I knew you would be my best hope. Unfortunately I already paid for and took my CCL soo that money is gone for now. I just hope I can get this resolved because I am a "solid citizen" and I have no clue why the card was denied.

You can PM (private message) anyone here by clicking on their name that appears on the bar just above their post. In this case go the post #12 in this thread and click on "Molly B". That will take you to her profile page. On the right side of the page are 3 boxes, one of which is labelled "Message Me". Click on that icon.

I'm confused - Isn't the training certificate good for a certain period of time? Why would the FOID being denied negate that money spent? There were several in my class that hadn't yet applied/received their FOIDS.

According to post #11, his application for a FOID was denied. He has already taken the CCL class. If he is never able to receive a FOID, he will not be eligible for a CCL. This is the risk that those taking a CCL class without first applying and receiving a FOID take. Most have no problem taking the class without having a CCL, but there are no guarantees.

I guess about all that instructors could do to eliminate the problem down the road for any future folks is to require a FOID upfront? Good for the student but a potential loss of $$$ for instructors.

I am not sure if that would be the best answer. Based on what I have seen on other posts, most have no problem doing the class before receiving their FOID. They do receive their FOID and CCL. It does seem to speed up the process of going from nothing to finally getting the CCL. We do not know why the OP's application was denied for now, whether an error in filling out and submitting the application, an administrative error, or something else.

An instructor demanding a FOID may be delaying the right of self-defense for someone,