Foid question

First post here so I hope this is the right place for the topic. So this fall during harvest I lost my wallet in the middle of a corn field. I called the isp and asked them if I was now a felon for having firearms in my house without a foid card in my possession. Nobody could give me an answer, also asked them if I could go hunting and also got no answer. So today was 30 days after I applied online for a replacement, and my status is still under review (says qc verified, whatever that means). I called and asked why they haven't approved it within the 30 day time frame and I was told the 30 day time frame was only to approve/reject NEW applicants and mine could (and will) take longer. They also told me that once approved it will take between 2-4 weeks to print and ship it. I can't believe there's not something you could print once approved to use in lieu of the actual card until it arrives. The two phone calls I've made to the isp have left a sour taste in my mouth. I've had a foid for 25 years, never even had a speeding ticket. I can't believe it takes this pathetic state this long to grant an individual the rights they deserve. Has anyone else had a similar experience to this?

Dont know if this will help or not, but my daughter just got her FOID. It was about 32 days from application to approval, and another 5 days to come in the mail.

You definitely are down to the wire, but still have 2 weeks before the first season opens. Good luck!

Edited by Flingarrows

Dont know if this will help or not, but my daughter just got her FOID. It was about 32 days from application to approval, and another 5 days to come in the mail.

You definitely are down to the wire, but still have 2 weeks before the first season opens. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, this morning when I right clicked under review and selected inspect element it Now says approved. Once your status goes to active does that mean they've printed it?

Oh, duck season has been going on for a few weeks now. The hunting hasn't been very good, but still missimg out on coffee and sardines in the blind!

Congrats on the Approval. I believe that Active = printed. You should see it in about 5 days after that.

Dang, I was thinking of deer season, even though I duck hunted in Kankakee last weekend :cry:

Just note that printed does not equal mailed. in some cases it seems like they do "batch" the cards and send them out in bulk so some may get mailed right away if at the end of a batch while others wait a few days.

Congrats on the Approval. I believe that Active = printed. You should see it in about 5 days after that.

Dang, I was thinking of deer season, even though I duck hunted in Kankakee last weekend :cry:

Just note that printed does not equal mailed. in some cases it seems like they do "batch" the cards and send them out in bulk so some may get mailed right away if at the end of a batch while others wait a few days.

I'm sure it would be waaaaaayyyyyy to hard for them to mail them out the day they were printed.

Does anyone know if the print everyday or just certain days of the week?

I'm sure it would be waaaaaayyyyyy to hard for them to mail them out the day they were printed.

Does anyone know if the print everyday or just certain days of the week?

Hard? No. But pretty inefficient.

I just noticed when I logged in to the isp website that my foid will need to be renewed in three years. Why not ten? I thought since i lost it and went through the application process they would've approved it for 10 more years.

Nope. A replacement isn't a renewal. Similar laws are on DL. The earliest you can renew a DL is 1 yr before it expires. I don't think the FOID even has that.

I just noticed when I logged in to the isp website that my foid will need to be renewed in three years. Why not ten? I thought since i lost it and went through the application process they would've approved it for 10 more years.

LOL...they want another 10 bucks in 3 years. Ain't no free lunches in Illinois.

and if the mandatory prints for FOID bill passes, it may cost you more than 10 for that renewal.

and if the mandatory prints for FOID bill passes, it may cost you more than 10 for that renewal.

Is it expensive to get your prints taken? What is getting your prints taken for,your foid going to,solve anyway? Are they trying to detour people from getting a foid with high price of application?

Is it expensive to get your prints taken? What is getting your prints taken for,your foid going to,solve anyway? Are they trying to detour people from getting a foid with high price of application?

$50-65 average cost. They believe it would stop felons from getting FOIDs with stolen identities. Ignoring the fact the crooks buy them without a fake FOID anyway.