Fact Check for tonight?

Rangerdeepv

This was one of Trump's worst performances. He came off as a butt-insky when he constantly interrupted while Hillary was speaking. She definitely looked healthy enough with no signs of twitching or anything else to make anyone believe she has some illness. I think she probably will pull ahead in the polls over the next few days.

This was one of Trump's worst performances. He came off as a butt-insky when he constantly interrupted while Hillary was speaking. She definitely looked healthy enough with no signs of twitching or anything else to make anyone believe she has some illness. I think she probably will pull ahead in the polls over the next few days.

HRC cronies were given instructions to flood twitter and social media within the first 10-15 minutes of the debate with comments designed to sway initial opinion, and then to reinforce it all night. That is just how it is played these days.

I doubt he cost himself in the polls since he was still pretty much himself. No one can lay out a case against Hillary and all of the reasons she should not be in the white house in 90 minutes. It can't be done.

Here is what I took from the debate, and I watched the whole thing with a glass of Dickels in hand-

She's had decades of experience in spin and wonk with perpetual back up spin from handlers and surrogates. This was the first time Trump has ever been one on one in the biggest showdown in his career.

Hillary will never do any better than she did last night.

Trump will sharpen his technique and will.

If she does not jump in the polls, and I doubt she will at all, and his numbers continue to creep up and turn battleground states red, then the worm may turn.

Two more debates, plus new emails, plus wiki leaks...stay tuned.

Why was Trump not standing straight? He would lean on the podium, with shoulders uneven. In contrast, Hillary was coached to stand up straight and look confident smug.

It also seemed like Trump was rushing his words to avoid being interrupted - which happened quite often - whereas talking slowly and confidently is more effective.

Maybe he felt ashamed he is so much taller than Hillary so he hunched over to appear shorter. Those few inches in combination with the Hillary's podium size optical distortion will make them look about the same height.

He missed a perfect opportunity for a YUGE burn last night.

When he was asked about his tax returns, he should have said "I emailed them to her" :rofl:

ETA: he did some successful stuff as I mentioned earlier in my other posts, and he needs to stick to them. Keep bringing up how useless politicians are, how out of touch with reality they are, how inept they are, and how almost none of them have ever held a real job nor have been poor or even middle class.

Keep hitting Hillary with that type of stuff, and also weave Bengazi, the emails, and the Clinton Foundation into every answer even if they're not asked. I was glad that during the cyber warfare topic that he brought up Bernie getting screwed by the DNC, but he didn't go far enough. I would have thrown the "taco bowl demographic" stuff at her, along with other stuff that I had prepared to throw in her face. Lot's of missed opportunities and I hope that his team is able to come up with a better game plan. Showcase her corruption, don't ignore it and wait for the moderator to bring it up, because they're not.

I felt almost ill watching the inept performance of Trump. I know of many folks who think him an idiot and think of Clinton as intelligent, experienced and steady and last night's debate would just reinforce both of those beliefs. She is so vulnerable on so many issues and he failed to have the intelligence or skill to exploit any of them. He was rambling, almost incoherent and totally defensive. I found I wanted to turn off the TV several times because I found it so upsetting to see our only alternative to the Wicked Witch of the East just falling apart at the podium. He is supposedly the "great negotiater" but we sure didn't see that last night. That all said, I don't think he did himself major damage, he just failed to show his critics anything that would get them to join his bandwagon. We can only hope that this terrible debate performance will wake him up to the reality that he needs to prepare for the next two and be ready to attack.

I understand that his team had a Benghazi survivor in the front row of the audience. How simple it would have been, using the pretext of almost any question thrown at him, to respond with something like... "you seem so fixated on my release of my taxes, when maybe you should have been focused on the pleas for help when the attack at Benghazi was taking place. Maybe you could have done more than what you did to save those brave men, while what you did was nothing. And then you lied to the families of those who were murdered due to your negligence or apathy or whatever, and told them that they died because of a video while you knew very well that this was a planned terrorist attack. You abandoned those men because you wanted to help Obama get re-elected on the narrative that we had Islamic terror on the run. Later you endangered national security with your private email server use, just to protect your shady dealings for the Clinton Foundation with pay to play schemes. And yet you call yourself ready to be the President?" or something like that.

Well, maybe next time.

I didn't watch the debate. It looks like most people think Trump did poorly when you read comments in forums. However when I look at the online polls they seem to tend to give Trump the edge.

Did he do anything really stupid? Feels like he is his own worst enemy at this point.

Clinton got way under his skin on exactly the points they thoght she would. He drank a lot of water, shifted his stance and tried not to make those Trump faces but he was CLEARLY upset. No prep was a mistake.

Last point that I just remembered.

When they kept bringing up how Trump supported the war in Iraq, he screwed up sitting there making excuses instead of saying something like: why would my opinion of the war back then matter today because I was just a businessman and not a politician. One of us on this stage tonight actually voted FOR the war in Iraq. Guess which one.

Trump totally blew it last night and I was also becoming ill watching him self-destruct.

He started off well and actually tore into Hillary pretty good initially, but then he got tripped up. He ended up sounding incoherent and was rambling nonsensically. It wasn't pretty.

He needs to get it together for the next debates or else he's finished. Hopefully he can pull a Regan and turn things around in later debates, although my hopes are not high.

On the other hand, I don't think Hillary did that well either. She was smug, condescending and I wanted to wipe that smirk off her face with my boot. She was her typical Marxist, elitist self.

And what's up with Lester Holt? Why didn't he ask Hillary any hard questions, such as e-mail, Benghazi and the Clinton foundation scandals? He delivered some nasty hardball questions to Trump like the whole "birther" thing, but nothing to Hillary.

I don't know why the RNC or Trump even agrees to allow leftist moderators at these debates.

Why was Trump not standing straight? He would lean on the podium, with shoulders uneven. In contrast, Hillary was coached to stand up straight and look confident smug.

It also seemed like Trump was rushing his words to avoid being interrupted - which happened quite often - whereas talking slowly and confidently is more effective.

Look at some stills of them standing straight at their podiums. Her microphone was at the level of her mouth. His was much lower on his frame, in the chest area. The set was rigged so he would have to lean. I don't understand why his team did not notice and fix the inconsistency.

Yup, he could have done much, much...believe me, much much better, no let me tell you how much better he could have done. The one thing that Hillary has...and you know it's true, believe me, is she has this thing with...its huge...this thing with the astronomical calamity, with all that's going on in the Middle East, is Benghazi.

That's for you DD. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

Trump and his team, I hope, learned a lot about this first debate. He was given multiple opportunities to carry the subject about negative things Hil has done in her past. He missed every damn one and instead kept to his talking point about how the current hacks aren't doing their job. I assume he was trying to stay reserved and not get too heated and make a bunch of sound bites. The next debate he needs to roll up the sleeves and start hitting her where it hurts, emails, bengazi, Clinton foundation, etc.. He barely mentioned those 3 MAJOR issues of hers. Of course there are many more. I'd say she escaped injury on this one. I also think that last nights show will not change the polls any. Quite frankly I don't think polls matter at all in this election. They have been so far off since the beginning.

Trump hit Hitlery with some good points, but missed other opportunities. He did repeat himself a lot. And the moderator was certainly biased in the way he would attack Trump several times, but never Hitlery... I thought it was pretty much a wash...

I just saw it as re-asking questions that were obviously not answered.

The birther question, for example... basically, if it was all quashed back in 2011, why were you still talking about it as early as January of this year? His response in no way answered the question, essentially just claiming that he was able to get the birth certificate back then, with no explanation whatsoever of why he continued to claim Obama was a foreigner when he wasn't.

Lester asked the same question again, and Trump basically gave the exact same response.

I see no reason that a candidate shouldn't be picked on when they're obviously avoiding a question or lying, regardless of who that candidate is.

One thing that aggravated me about some of Trump's responses was that he'd be asked a question, then provide an answer to a question that wasn't even asked. That's politician-speak. I don't want to see him doing that at the next debate. He should continue with the whole outsider theme and keep addressing the questions that are asked and avoid rattling on and on about something that doesn't even matter, or is a point that was made earlier that has nothing to do with the question or topic that's being discussed currently. I think the "I'm not a politician" stuff is pure gold. Stick with that stuff.

I think next debate he'll have another of his old comments thrown in his face. The one where he said that he buys and sells politician's all the time. The best way for him to answer that is to say, who's worse, the businessman using what's available to him, or the person who makes a decision to corrupt themselves and the office that they represent? Then look at Hillary and throw a Clinton Cash thing at her as an example. Or the pay to play stuff. He has to transition smoothly into that though and not make it look like an all out planned attack. Just casually mention it lol.

He has PLENTY of ammo to go after her. He needs to start weaving it into his responses so that the "fact checkers" can ignore them, and by doing so, bust themselves out as being in the bag for her. I still haven't seen them fact check Trump stating that the democrats go into the black communities, pander to them for votes, and then say "see you in 4 years". Not a mention of that anywhere. Hillary didn't even answer that.

Trump hit Hitlery with some good points, but missed other opportunities. He did repeat himself a lot. And the moderator was certainly biased in the way he would attack Trump several times, but never Hitlery... I thought it was pretty much a wash...

I just saw it as re-asking questions that were obviously not answered.

The birther question, for example... basically, if it was all quashed back in 2011, why were you still talking about it as early as January of this year? His response in no way answered the question, essentially just claiming that he was able to get the birth certificate back then, with no explanation whatsoever of why he continued to claim Obama was a foreigner when he wasn't.

Lester asked the same question again, and Trump basically gave the exact same response.

I see no reason that a candidate shouldn't be picked on when they're obviously avoiding a question or lying, regardless of who that candidate is.

I agree that Trump avoided answering the questions and got called out for it. But when Hillary did the exact same thing several times, she got a "free pass" from him.

Archived