Springfield Armory Saint

NakPPI

Their ads are stupid - but they got us talking and that was the point. Looks like they are jumping into cross fit or some crap.

Their ads are stupid - but they got us talking and that was the point. Looks like they are jumping into cross fit or some crap.

In the forums I have checked out this morning a lot of the talk about Saint and the ads is derisive. SA is setting high expectations for this big release and I hope they can live up to it (although as one poster observed, Smith and Wesson had a similar teaser campaign for the M&P Shield with a "Shield Yourself" video for what ended up being a first-rate product).

Here is a story about the "Shield Yourself" video from 2012

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2012/04/07/smith-wesson-shield-yourself-teaser/

and here is the video from Shooting Times (it seems all YouTube versions have been deleted). This tells you a lot more about the product than some Crossfit models do.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/gear-accessories/shield-yourself-the-next-big-thing-from-smith-wesson/

I spent an embarrassing amount of time on the US patent office looking for new Springfield or HS Produkt patents and found little.

HS did patent the VHS-2 a couple years ago. I found nothing new for Springfield worth noting, they patented some 1911 and m1a improvements years ago.

This leads me to be believe that it almost has to be an AR or some other design that isn't patentable. I easily found the Saint trade mark filing, expect the usual hats, mugs, etc.

I love it when companies come out with new guns! I feel as giddy as a schoolgirl in Spring! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me. Oh I love the new guns, just hate what they do to my bank account.

I'm at the point where I am going to thin the herd I think.

SA was in the AR market many years ago. I had a springfield armory AR15 for several years. They outsourced their parts and receivers. My first wife took that rifle and other guns when she left with her boyfriend. I wouldn't mind having some of the guns back.

If so, they'd be coming late to a pretty crowded market. It would need to be something special.

Ya know, it *may* not be a poly DAO 1911. It could also be another dedicated CC piece of sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It COULD, but they already have the XDS in that role, unless they're killing the XDS in favor of the Saint.

Bri

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think Taurus Curve.

Ick. Granted, that's my personal opinion, but....

I still think another polygun marketed primarily for CC would either tank itself or would cannibalize the XDS market so badly that the XDS started tanking.

But then, I could be wrong. $Despite my explicit instructions, Springfield failed to contact me for input prior to going ahead with the Saint.$

Of course, it may be worth digging back through IMDB or the old books to see what Simon Templar used to carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived