OPEN CARRY ON PRIVATE PROPERTY IN CHICAGO?

KENDLLB360

Hypothetical madness. Get a CCL- carry concealed. Why flag the fact that one is armed? What possible advantage is there to that other than attracting folks who are not intimidated by an openly carried gun?

Why flag intent? Hide it until you need it.

VooDoo

Hypothetical madness. Get a CCL- carry concealed. Why flag the fact that one is armed? What possible advantage is there to that other than attracting folks who are not intimidated by an openly carried gun?

Why flag intent? Hide it until you need it.

VooDoo

You don't need a CCL on private property that you own, or have the property owners consent - even in Chicago...

If it were up to me, you would be able to open carry not only on your porch, but going to the store or walking down the street. Those that keep spewing "you will be the first one shot" or "never give up the advantage of concealment" really are not authoritative on the subject and are just regurgitating the "concealed only" mantra that they all must keep a list of next to their computers. If it's legal, go for it. Bear arms. Try it separate fact from agenda on the internet.

Here's what happens when you get complacent. This guy wasn't even open carrying and got pole-axed. Imagine how easy it would have been for the bad guy if the victim would have been open carrying. Even if you open carry in a retention holster, a brazen thug will size you up and when he decides he can whip you, you will lose your gun, one way or another. The bad guy in this video must have been feeling good that day to want to wrestle with the victim. Much easier if he would have just walked up and knocked the guy out and taken it without a struggle. The average open carrier wouldn't have a chance against a wise street rat and I doubt any others would either.

Here's what happens when you get complacent. This guy wasn't even open carrying and got pole-axed. Imagine how easy it would have been for the bad guy if the victim would have been open carrying. Even if you open carry in a retention holster, a brazen thug will size you up and when he decides he can whip you, you will lose your gun, one way or another. The bad guy in this video must have been feeling good that day to want to wrestle with the victim. Much easier if he would have just walked up and knocked the guy out and taken it without a struggle. The average open carrier wouldn't have a chance against a wise street rat and I doubt any others would either.

Then don't open carry. You, and I should be the ones to judge when it's appropriate, not the State of Illinois, and not "concealed carry" instructors that have a personal agenda. You. Yourself should be able to decide when you wish to open carry or conceal carry. Joining the anti's to keep open carry illegal does what exactly to further 2A rights?

Well the officers around me don't like to talk normally. They are more fond of just jumping out and telling you get on the hood and spread your legs. But I will give it a shot one day. When I talk to them on the phone they tell me to call another person, then never answer. And most officers in the streets tell me they don't know anything. You know how that goes

I wonder if that's because no one's bothered to just shoot the breeze with them, so everything they do is a reaction to something.

Getting to know the police in your neighborhood is a good thing. Recognition builds trust and respect - for each other.

Remember, too, if you're on your own property it doesn't have to be carried openly.

+1 Respect given is respect earned.

I'm not taking advice, just discusing.

It's what peeps do, get others ideas and dwell on them.

Just happens to be in here at same time.

Tkroenlien......he doesn't have a CCL, so it's not about the FCCA, he's not carrying concealed.

I'm assuming just a FOID at this time from info of previous posts!

Then we agree.
Yes, for the most part I do agree.

When discussing these things, it always help to add information gleaned from outside the boundaries of this board!

Common sense is where I try to fall with almost all the posts within here for 2 plus years.

Of course, each individual will make his or her own decisions based upon how comfortable they are.

But yes, we are in agreement.

And for what it's worth, those little creatures from Trollhatten, Sweden...........first home to the greatest car on planet earth, SAAB........they are here, and they've started again!!!!

And I also agree with: Why? To rile up the board.

Ok, I hear what your saying Kurt. I didn't read far enough back into the thread to realize that it isn't about advocating open carry. My bad. Apologies.

I prefer open carry over concealed for myself in most but not all cases. And I would like to have that choice in Illinois. I do not advocate anyone carry in a way that makes them uncomfortable. Each individual should be able to make that choice on their own for the situation they are in without fear of being arrested.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AS Said above talk to the local cops

If it were me I would take 2 dozen donuts to the station and ask the Desk Cop whom would best address your question

Also as said above I highly suggest you do not open carry . I truly think that is asking for Trouble . BAD BAD IDEA in my opinion

Its a good gesture, but in today's climate I wouldn't personally deliver food. Odds are it will get thrown out if they don't know you.

Have it delivered from a restaurant, bakery, or get a gift card.

If the police in your neighborhood are jumpy I would conceal it.

1) I'd move!! Doesn't sound a very safe place to have and raise a family if you can't enjoy something as simple as sitting outside without the fear of violence. Avoid it all together and MOVE!

2) You open carrying, could be deemed at intimidation? That's not a good look.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, September 1, 2016 at 01:33 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, September 1, 2016 at 01:33 AM - No reason given

Another plus, when gangbangers drive by, they'll eventually see you open carrying.

They'll want your handgun, maybe have the paperwork filled out in advance, you will be their target.

+1

I would not advertise the fact that I'm carrying, you're opening yourself up to all sorts of unwanted attention.

Not that big of a deal to cover it up.

he doesn't get the look at me , diva attention he's craving

attention of the CPD and local hoodrats isn't what I'd be craving but it takes all kinds

Ok, I hear what your saying Kurt. I didn't read far enough back into the thread to realize that it isn't about advocating open carry. My bad. Apologies.

I advocate open carry. My threads on my favorite subject are usually locked long before this.

Not because we're against it. But you know how things get sometimes.

I usually just say the F word and mauserme shuts it down on me. The 1st Amendment is not as important as the Second Amendment is on this site...and that should bother everyone that hangs out here. Sorry to be a thorn. The notion that this is a "family" site is kinda lame. I wouldn't want this site to become ARF.com but we are all adults here.

The notion that this is a "family" site is kinda lame. I wouldn't want this site to become ARF.com but we are all adults here.

You can't have it both ways.

Why not?

You said you wouldn't want this site to become ARF.com. Why not? Either the site is moderated to a certain "standard", or it isn't. The question is; Who gets to decide what's appropriate?

I usually just say the F word and mauserme shuts it down on me. The 1st Amendment is not as important as the Second Amendment is on this site...and that should bother everyone that hangs out here. Sorry to be a thorn. The notion that this is a "family" site is kinda lame. I wouldn't want this site to become ARF.com but we are all adults here.

No, we actually aren't. We've had many younger folks use IllinoisCarry as a source for school assignments and we want it to be a place parents are comfortable with. When you get down to it, what better point is there in a person's life to get them involved than during their learning years?

Beyond that, many of our adult members are more sensitive to certain language than others, and we prefer the professionalism we project when legislators and judges visit the site, which we know they do.

Just like you can express your thoughts at work or when talking to your minister/rabbi/imam in different ways than at the range, so too can it be done here.

No, we actually aren't. We've had many younger folks use IllinoisCarry as a source for school assignments and we want it to be a place parents are comfortable with. When you get down to it, what better point is there in a person's life to get them involved than during their learning years?

Beyond that, many of our adult members are more sensitive to certain language than others, and we prefer the professionalism we project when legislators and judges visit the site, which we know they do.

Just like you can express your thoughts at work or when talking to your minister/rabbi/imam in different ways than at the range, so to can it be done here.

i got it. We are forced to be phony here but in real life we get to act and speak like adults. Did I get that right?

Archived