Anyone Doing I.C.E. Training's Defensive Pistol Coach Certification Class This Weekend?

sirflyguy

I just got home from taking the Defensive Firearms Coach Instructor Development Course. I can say that I have never been challenged more in a weekend than I was this weekend. It was hard. I wanted to quit at times. It is exhausting, both mentally and physically. I need sleep. But I wouldn't trade the experience!! Pass or no, I learned a LOT! If a pistol instructor wants to be challenged to the ends of their abilities and beyond, this is the class to take. Kudos to all the ones who designed it. It caused a major paradigm shift for me as an instructor. Jamie Onion really knows his stuff. I was amazed at his recall and his ability to answer every question in the context of how the class is designed. I am proud to say that I at least made it through the weekend!! :)

About a yer ago I was considering taking the class, I think it was in Indiana at the time. I follow Rob on social media and he posted the pass fail results of the written test for one of his classes, and that really kind of turned me off to the whole thing. I thought it was tacky. Plus I really don't test well.

When do you get your results?

About a yer ago I was considering taking the class, I think it was in Indiana at the time. I follow Rob on social media and he posted the pass fail results of the written test for one of his classes, and that really kind of turned me off to the whole thing. I thought it was tacky. Plus I really don't test well.

When do you get your results?

Wednesday of this week is the projected day of having tests graded. He had seven to do, nearly 50 questions, many of them essay questions. I know from my colleagues in the class that many expect to fail the written test the first time through. They allow us to retake the test after a 30- day cooling-off period. I thought I did okay on the written test , but golly, there is a LOT of information thrown at you in those three days. I very well may fail it the first time through. If so, I will retake it. Jamie said there are only about 100 certified DFC's in the USA right now. I really want to follow through and pass the certification if I don't pass the written test. This course was really a paradigm shift for me. Great stuff.

Well the fact that retests are available makes it attractive once again, but I have a few other certs I want to get first I think. It's pretty pricey.

LOL MY educational journey is at a monetary road block with an ugly troll saying I have to pay him to proceed.

LOL MY educational journey is at a monetary road block with an ugly troll saying I have to pay him to proceed.

I just happened to have had a bunch of classes in a short time in the spring, so I had a little money saved up. It normally would have been a hard thing to come up with for me. I have put off Refuse to Be a Victim for a long time because it hasn't been a good time financially when I had the time to do the class.

I just happened to have had a bunch of classes in a short time in the spring, so I had a little money saved up. It normally would have been a hard thing to come up with for me. I have put off Refuse to Be a Victim for a long time because it hasn't been a good time financially when I had the time to do the class.

I'm liquidating some assets which my brother and I shared and we decided we're never going to use. We were going to build a private range in WI, but alas a dream has died. I hope to re-invest the majority of the funds upon sale, but some I will be using to take more training.

Update: I PASSED! I am now an I.C.E. Training Defensive Firearms Coach! LOTS of hard work with a great payoff. I am glad I did it.

Congratulation that is a great achievement. I took the CFS class from Rob Pincus this past May and found the content very helpful to me in many ways. Do you know if the ISP will recognize the ICE instructor credential for conceal carry instructor?

Update: I PASSED! I am now an I.C.E. Training Defensive Firearms Coach! LOTS of hard work with a great payoff. I am glad I did it.

Congratulations!

Congratulation that is a great achievement. I took the CFS class from Rob Pincus this past May and found the content very helpful to me in many ways. Do you know if the ISP will recognize the ICE instructor credential for conceal carry instructor?

It isn't on their list, but maybe we can get some lobbying done to make that happen!!

It isn't on their list, but maybe we can hmget some lobbying done to make that happen!!

You should get Rob to help you with that. Afterall he has more resources and it's his baby.

It isn't on their list, but maybe we can get some lobbying done to make that happen!!

You should get Rob to help you with that. Afterall he has more resources and it's his baby.

By "we", I meant Rob! :)

The truth is, though, that there are only 100 or so of us in the whole USA. Rob is big on efficiency (I.C.E. means Integrity, Consistency, and Efficiency). It probably would not be considered an efficient use of his time to see that a handful of folks can get on the ISP approved list of FCCL instructors., since there are probably no more than a handful here. I only know of three right now, though there could be more.

• 3 weeks later...

Of the 8 folks in the class, five passed the test, one didn't even bother to take it, and two folks have to retake it after the 30-day cool-down period. I have been transferring my class notes into my computer. I am amazed at the sheer volume of information that we went over those three days.

Archived