Cry for help from ICHV

Black Flag

Dear Friend,

I wanted to reach out and give you an update on what happened in Springfield this past week. As you know, we had hoped to see a vote in the House of Representatives on HB 1016 – our Gun Dealer Licensing legislation. However, due to a dirty procedural maneuver by the other side, the House was unable to hold a fair vote on the bill this session. Although this is a setback, we now have a clear roadmap to pass this life saving measure moving forward.

Stand with us to show your continued support for Gun Dealer Licensing by clicking here to take action.

Despite 87% of Illinois voters supporting Gun Dealer Licensing the House of Representatives instead chose to cower before the corporate gun lobby and passed legislation last night what would allow for silencers on all guns in Illinois. We are currently doubling our efforts in the Illinois Senate to stop this dangerous and irresponsible legislation. Click here to see how your legislator voted.

On a positive note, the General Assembly unanimously passed legislation that would increase penalties for individuals trafficking firearms onto our streets and killing innocent people. We applaud them on this effort and encourage the Governor to be responsible and sign this important piece of the legislation into law.

We obviously have a lot of work ahead of us, but I wanted to bring you up to speed on what has been happening in Springfield.

Together we will continue to go forward fighting for stronger gun violence prevention measures in Illinois. Thank you for your continued support.

In Peace,

Colleen Daley

Executive Director

P.S. – Tomorrow is National Gun Violence Awareness Day don’t forget to #WearOrange to show your support.

I wonder why she didn't point out that the gun trafficking bill was supported by the all-powerful god-like corporate gun lobby?

Maybe the sheeple that look to them for guidance would see that when sane efforts to lower crime are made, gun owners are happy to help. Shocker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The level of disrespect they have for the very people that tried to shield Ms. Willis is amazing.

Members of her own party left the chamber rather than embarrass her by voting against her 6th attempt to get it right. Now they're accused of a dirty procedural maneuver, and of being "the other side" simply because they did what they knew to be right.

Things like this typify why they lose.

The blame for this fiasco is as much on the groups that led the sponsor down this rabbit hole as it is on the sponsor herself.

Dirty procedural maneuver?

Like using a "shell bill" ?

As Representative Mike Bost reminded the General Legislature, a Floor Amendment should be some technical small change - not a WHOLE BILL that has questions as to whether it is even constitutional..

Wow - they're the one crying "foul" ?

When they lose, they whine. They cannot just lose because they were outfought. There always has to be dirty tricks involved. This is their way, always.

Put Trump vs Hillary on hold for a second.

I want to see a Vandermyde vs Daley debate.

Have it in a neutral location, she can invite 50 audience members as well as Todd.

Molly can be a moderator and Mark Walsh can be the other, if a 3rd is needed a Daley/Vandermyde mutual agreed 3rd neutral moderator can be instilled.

An hour and a half with 4 minute clock on answers, 2 minutes for rebuttal.

Colleen:

1. Thanks for the reminder to wear IC/NRA/ISRA/IGOLD regalia today.
  2. I do feel much safer now that killing innocent people is more illegaler than it was before. Question: does this mean that if I get shot by some gang-banger with an illegal firearm that I will be less dead than otherwise, or is that the subject of some future stroke of legislative genius?

Dear Friend,

I wanted to reach out and give you an update on what happened in Springfield this past week. As you know, we had hoped to see a vote in the House of Representatives on HB 1016 – our Gun Dealer Licensing legislation. However, due to a dirty procedural maneuver by the other side, the House was unable to hold a fair vote on the bill this session. Although this is a setback, we now have a clear roadmap to pass this life saving measure moving forward.

Stand with us to show your continued support for Gun Dealer Licensing by clicking here to take action.

Despite 87% of Illinois voters supporting Gun Dealer Licensing the House of Representatives instead chose to cower before the corporate gun lobby and passed legislation last night what would allow for silencers on all guns in Illinois. We are currently doubling our efforts in the Illinois Senate to stop this dangerous and irresponsible legislation. Click here to see how your legislator voted.

On a positive note, the General Assembly unanimously passed legislation that would increase penalties for individuals trafficking firearms onto our streets and killing innocent people. We applaud them on this effort and encourage the Governor to be responsible and sign this important piece of the legislation into law.

We obviously have a lot of work ahead of us, but I wanted to bring you up to speed on what has been happening in Springfield.

Together we will continue to go forward fighting for stronger gun violence prevention measures in Illinois. Thank you for your continued support.

In Peace,

Colleen Daley

Executive Director

P.S. – Tomorrow is National Gun Violence Awareness Day don’t forget to #WearOrange to show your support.

Our greatest challenge may be that many people might regard this nonsense as fact...

does this mean that if I get shot beaten to death by some gang-banger with an illegal firearm that I will be less dead than otherwise, or is that the subject of some future stroke of legislative genius?

The other circumstances that Colleen never addresses. It doesn't matter who dies or how they're killed as long as a firearm isn't used.

So if your loved one was brutally beaten to death, strangled or stabbed to death - their life is less important than someone who was shot.

When someone is beaten to death in Chicago - not a word is heard from Colleen Daley, Scott Drury, Michael Zalewski, Don Harmon, Eddie Acevedo, Lee Goodman and all the other gun control proponents.
When someone is stabbed to death in Chicago - not a peep from Colleen Daley, Drury, Zalewski, Harmon, Acevedo, Goodman and all the others.
But when someone is shot, up goes the chorus of shrill screams for gun control.
The media will never call them out for their hypocrisy, but the fact is, they're OK with violence, it's just "gun violence" that they're opposed to. They're OK with people getting their skulls cracked with pipes, lug wrenches and assorted bludgeons, being beaten to death, and raped at knife point, but God forbid law abiding citizens be armed - some thug might get shot and that is intolerable.

Let me put this is to a little context.

Ms. Daley is lying.

Yes guys onour side saw an opportunity to kill the bill. And they took it. I also expressed some fear as it gave them a road map on votes they didn't have before which they acknowledge.

However, She and others, including the chairman of the committee were huddled up trying to cut a deal with people. And there was some deal on a small part of language which we -- gun owners were not apart of. Ms. Daley was part of the group. When the "agreed to" language came back from LRB, it was not the agreed to language. And it was called out. The Chairman was shown the two documents and asked if that was what was talked about and agreed to. He said no.

So between the meeting, someone changed that language. Now that could only be the sponsor, who didn't. The LRB which didn't or little miss muffet -- bingo. and her statement was something to the effect that she didn't think her changes made that mush of a difference or such.

And that put a stop to any chance of them calling the bill. They had no more time for any amendments and people were just done. Even people on her side. She screwed it up because she has no clue about the industry and how it works. And they keep playing games and it cost them. People in that room know what happened. And people on the outside are finding out. If this goes tot the floor debate I expect this little episode to be brought up.

These are the things that go on that we deal with in real time. Shifting sands and 3 dimensional chess board with a lot of moving pieces. But I love having an opponent that is clueless and borderline incompetent.

In this business you have your word and your name. If the first isn't any good neither is the second. She committed a very serious error in the world I work in.

Let me put this is to a little context.

Ms. Daley is lying.

Yes guys onour side saw an opportunity to kill the bill. And they took it. I also expressed some fear as it gave them a road map on votes they didn't have before which they acknowledge.

However, She and others, including the chairman of the committee were huddled up trying to cut a deal with people. And there was some deal on a small part of language which we -- gun owners were not apart of. Ms. Daley was part of the group. When the "agreed to" language came back from LRB, it was not the agreed to language. And it was called out. The Chairman was shown the two documents and asked if that was what was talked about and agreed to. He said no.

So between the meeting, someone changed that language. Now that could only be the sponsor, who didn't. The LRB which didn't or little miss muffet -- bingo. and her statement was something to the effect that she didn't think her changes made that mush of a difference or such.

And that put a stop to any chance of them calling the bill. They had no more time for any amendments and people were just done. Even people on her side. She screwed it up because she has no clue about the industry and how it works. And they keep playing games and it cost them. People in that room know what happened. And people on the outside are finding out. If this goes tot the floor debate I expect this little episode to be brought up.

These are the things that go on that we deal with in real time. Shifting sands and 3 dimensional chess board with a lot of moving pieces. But I love having an opponent that is clueless and borderline incompetent.

In this business you have your word and your name. If the first isn't any good neither is the second. She committed a very serious error in the world I work in.

Good! Thanks for the context

Archived