IL FCCL Class Saturday, May 14, Marion, IL

sirflyguy

I am having an Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License class on Saturday, May 14, in Marion, IL. The location for the class is the Samson's Secret Salon Annex at 214 E, Boulevard St. The range qualification portion will take place at my private range south of Marion. Cost is $100.00 ($105.00 if you use my .22 pistols and ammo). If you bring your own pistol, it needs to be in safe working order and you need to have a valid FOID card. You will need 50 rds of factory target ammo for the range qualification. Class start time is 8:00 AM, and class will last until at least 5:30 PM.

This class has a range qualification portion of 30 shots (10 shots each at 10, 7, and 5 yards). The rest of the material is done in the classroom. We discuss the laws associated with concealed carry in IL, the FOID Act, transportation of firearms, federal law, use of force statutes, and interaction with law enforcement officers. We also discuss what to do in case of a defensive firearm usage. In addition, we will learn proper deployment of pistol from a strong side hip holster using my SIRT laser trainer pistols. During this section, we discuss tunnel vision, auditory exclusion, defensive shooting accuracy vs. target shooting accuracy, and engaging multiple assailants. We also discuss holster selection, pistol and ammunition selection, levels of alertness, and the effects of stress in a self defense encounter. PM me or reply to this post here if you are interested or have more questions.

This is the 2nd 8 hr credit part of the training. One needs military exemption or the other things allowed for the prior 8 hrs training credit. This is the required FCCL portion only.

This is the 2nd 8 hr credit part of the training. One needs military exemption or the other things allowed for the prior 8 hrs training credit. This is the required FCCL portion only.

It's clearly listed as such at the bottom of his post!

I run classes just for veterans and this would be the same example he is doing!

It's clearly listed as such at the bottom of his post!

I run classes just for veterans and this would be the same example he is doing!

I did edit the post to add that in after he posted the question. :)

Archived