Another Successful IGOLD!

Molly B.

Another successful IGOLD and many thanks due to all the people who help make it happen! It may have rained on our 'parade' but it certainly didn't dampen our spirits!!

Thank you to all the marshals and IGOLD friends who helped with the set-up the night before and arrived early the next morning to help get the show going, those who staffed the tables, help answer questions, give directions.

Thank you to all our speakers! Don Moran, ISRA President; Richard Pearson, ISRA Executive Director; Chip Eberhart, NRA's Freedom's Safest Place spokesperson; Massad Ayoob, firearm instructor extraordinaire; Shannon Alford and Todd Vandermyde, our NRA lobbyists; Mike Weisman, IGOLD organizer & ISRA board member; Tom Shafer, the best march leader in the world!

Thank you to all the hardy folks who ignored a rainy forecast, traveled to Springfield, marched together in tremendous show of unity and common goals.

IGOLD t-shirts and caps were everywhere you looked - all exercising their constitutional right to address their elected officials.

We had the absolute BEST rally in the rotunda that we have EVER had. Countless legislators, one after another, stepped up to the podium to vow their support of our issues, encouraging us to fight on and not become complacent.

We wrapped up the day raising our voices up to the rotunda, chanting "gun free zones are killing zones". Hearing all those voices ringing up into the far reaches of the Capitol is a tremendous experience - if you have never experienced it, make a promise to yourself to be there next year!

Many folks have photos and video of the day, we hope you will post them up here on IllinoisCarry for all to enjoy.

We'll rest up tonight and then tomorrow turn our thoughts toward IGOLD 2017!

nice article. Thanks spec5 and Molly B!

Do you have any idea of how many folks actually participated in the march?

There were 26 bundles of signs set out, and 10 (dry bundles went back to ISRA) bundles of signs left when I cleaned it all up.

So we had 16 bundles of signs go out, 16 x 22 = 352 signs being carried

now look at the pictures throughout and figure ratio of signs to people in picture. rinse... repeat...

1000 to 1200 ?

p.s. don't rely on just the front row pictures - I'm waiting for the overhead shots if any were done from the bridge.

Do you have any idea of how many folks actually participated in the march?

There were 26 bundles of signs set out, and 10 (dry bundles went back to ISRA) bundles of signs left when I cleaned it all up.

So we had 16 bundles of signs go out, 16 x 22 = 352 signs being carried

now look at the pictures throughout and figure ratio of signs to people in picture. rinse... repeat...

1000 to 1200 ?

p.s. don't rely on just the front row pictures - I'm waiting for the overhead shots if any were done from the bridge.

The rain kept reporters off the brige, and sent them underneath it.

I would think in the 1k range would be accurate. Less than some years, but the weather was terrible this year. Probably anyone who was "on the fence" woke up, looked out their window, and decided "next year". But thankfully there are many, many of us who come rain or shine!

BTW, the Rotunda rally was great this year! It must've been 25 state legislators who spoke. I lost count after 15. :)

Nice video. It shows how commented we are when we marched in the April rain and we didn't let it weaken our resolve to clean up the FCCA and get our bills heard. The fight isn't over and we will continue to fight. The only thing I had to cope with was soggy shoes and socks which was such a small thing when our rights and places we can carry are on the line. Contact you Representatives and Senators and put pressure on them to get our bills heard. We went to their offices and showed up with wet shoes and clothes so they know we are committed and will not rest. There was a tornado in the Rotunda and they heard us loud and clear.

Archived