Review Board has continued my investigation an additional 30 days. for the 2nd or 3rd time!

I filed my app back in december of last year. Dec 2 to be exact. Submitted fingerprints and everything. And now i find out im still being reviewed further by the Board. For 30 more days. I cant believe they can just keep putting off a decision. Is there no way to contact anyone? Is there no time limit guidelines for these 5 board members to make a final decision of yes or no? Especially since i know i have NO criminal history whatsoever. Can they just keep "ordering" 30 more days for the rest of my life???!!! This is so rediculous, i cant believe i paid for fingerprints to expidite my processing, and they can just take my money and flag me for no justifiable reasons.

Yes im in crook county....wow i cant believe its so far behind u guys. This is absurb to hear. It all seems like it shud be so simple. My father and i both did ours the same day and same teacher. And he received his over a month ago. If the LEO guy or whoever that is would stop flagging thousands of people all over, it wouldnt be such a backlog. We as law-abiding citizens should NOT have to wait an extended amount of time for OUR rights. They dont take this long to tske our taxes or suspend our licenses when we dont pay a ticket or fine to them. Currupt a** government.

Also im not sure who objected to me or why..i have absolutely NO idea whats going on with my case. My letters have been very short and lacking of detail. Just, we have asked for an additional 30 days to review further. You will be contacted if needed.thankyou..like come on maaannnn....its stupid. First of all, why is there only 5 board members for review?but you're telling me they have to review thousands and thousands of other people profiles. it just sounds like that should be more than five board members to review these applications.

Also, i was wondering....side note...how do i deal with law enforcement and my CC? I just wanted to get a detailed review of my full rights when carrying. On foot, or in a vehicle. Because where i live, our relationship with law enforcement is not a pretty one. My instructor went over it in my class. But i wanted to get a fuller understanding of how to handle those kind of situations. Also, i have a brother in law who is a felon. On parole. Whats my rights as far as carrying around him?

There are lots of post on the subject, and you'll have plenty of time to read them all while you wait..... Plan on getting 7-10 more of those 30 day letters.... May want to take up knitting or a pottery class.....Its gonna be awhile, doing the "CCL shuffle"

Also, i was wondering....side note...how do i deal with law enforcement and my CC? I just wanted to get a detailed review of my full rights when carrying. On foot, or in a vehicle. Because where i live, our relationship with law enforcement is not a pretty one. My instructor went over it in my class. But i wanted to get a fuller understanding of how to handle those kind of situations. Also, i have a brother in law who is a felon. On parole. Whats my rights as far as carrying around him?

You might want to develop a positive relationship with law enforcement rather than retaining a "not so pretty one." I was under board review for some rowdy stuff when I was younger. I had a bad attitude towards police and for very immature and dumb reasons.

You have to realize the job that these men and women do is not fun and they have to watch their backs constantly, especially in the city. So anything we as law abiding citizens can do to make their lives easier is much appreciated by officers.

Speaking of making things easier for leos, not hanging out with a felon while carrying would make it a lot easier for everyone. You definitely wouldn't want to have your Ccl taken away for something senseless.

I don't know the rules on this exactly, but my CCL instructor went over this and he said that if you can stay away from these people it would be a good idea. Especially keeping your guns away from them. He mentioned that if you're pulled over with a felon family member or friend, your gun can't be within their reaching distance. Again, I don't know the law on this but, if it were me, and I have 3 brother in laws, they wouldn't even know that I even own a gun, let alone have a CCL.

Lots of information on that subject, and lots of good advice here:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Archived