Gun violence in Illinois & the 2nd Amendment

KENDLLB360

Hey default...

Thats y i said it. Jajaja

U cant say no to that concept question. Without sounding harsh right

It's same reason people want to ban guns saying the exact same thing. That's the point I was making

As I've said already I'm not opposed to legalizing drugs, I just don't think it will fix much (other than the boondoggle that is the "war on drugs")

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

But its true. Bc it will obviously save more lives. U know. It will save millions over time. Millions from going to prison, millioms from being shot over DRUG related incidents. Which i guess would only benifit blk and latino communities more than whites. Bc you dont have mass drug related murders in your town. Its in ours. So legal drugs would only benifit our communities. And allow people to actually use their drug of choice, but now with freedom from being arrested right? Too scary to think of for many of you i could imagine. A drug tolerate world?? Well wake up, bc like it or not, it is coming anyway. You cant tell? Weed has already made leaps over boundaries that Americans would of never thought possible.

And as far as other crimes being committed more, as robberries, stealing, etc, are you afraid that the world will become dark and scary like "gotham city"? Thats why we have police officers right? Now they can focus their attentions on actually doing their jobs, of chasing criminals instead of chasing after drugs and guns on the strets bc of all these killings. I know id rather deal with bank robberies and home invasions where i can shoot to defend myself, instead of dealing with gang wars shooting killing countless kids in the window or outside playing. Its worth it to deal with more petty crimes, that dont end in murder as often as the drug activity creates. Drugs bring murder. With guns...robbery doesnt always involve a gun, could be a knife, or bat. It also doesnt always end in murder. Like drugs as i said. Bank robberies may include a gun, but doesnt mean the robber shoots up the whole bank does it? They dont shoot the bank owner cause they want the bank deed, drug dealers shoot to kill bc they WANT the street corner that another gang has. Thats a different kind of war. Its one we are living in.

If drugs being legal can help slow down even only 5 killings a year, of our young American lives, is that not worth the risk? Are 5 blk, white, mexican lives not worth the risk?

I say no, it's not worth the risk. Because it will do nothing other than relocate the crime.

As it is, the VAST majority of crime is committed against other criminals. So when drugs are legal, there will be no more bangers raiding known drug houses to steal their stash... no more fighting over turf and corners... no more easy money to be had in the hood.

They're not gonna turn on their neighbors and steal from them, as they don't really have much to steal.

So they spread out and start stealing from us. They break into our homes, terrorize our families... maybe we kill them, maybe they kill us. Either way, criminals are still being criminals, people are still dying. But now, the majority of victims will no longer be other criminals... they'll be innocent families.

I promise you. Your solution is not a solution... it's a way of relocating the violence.

I would like to see more and more people in these violent communities get their carry licenses so they can protect their neighborhoods. Once the neighborhoods are safer, the businesses can return, creating more tax revenue for better schools and more jobs for the communities. Businesses don't move into dangerous neighborhoods. I loved the moms guarding their blocks last year and saying, "not on our streets". They were on the corners and watching their blocks. Nobody messed with the MOMS!

I would like to see more and more people in these violent communities get their carry licenses so they can protect their neighborhoods.

+1. People in crime-ridden towns and neighborhoods need to exercise their right to protect themselves more than anyone. Otis wanted a handgun because his house kept getting broken into, right? When good people are empowered, the evil is disempowered. Having the misfortune to live in a place where lots of criminals also live shouldn't imply guilt by association. So many of the fees and taxes heaped on those who want to exercise their rights are unfair to the poor. I think Roy Innis said that putting a high price point on the ability to acquire guns was racism in its worst form. It's certainly prejudice against the poor of all racial backgrounds. Nobody should have to choose between feeding their children and protecting them.

They do sit back and wait for handsout now like they deserve to be carried to the top because of our history. The fact that we dont have one. We dont know how to speak african anymore here. We lost our heritage. I dont know my ancestors from africa. I dont know what tribe i originate from. Our American history is being slaves. To white people. So u mad that blks feel lost still?

Lots of adopted kids don't know what their roots are, but somehow they turn into adults and go on with their lives as if nothing ever happened. Quite successful lives too in some cases. Many have Italian, Irish, Polish, Russian, etc roots, but they can't speak a lick of their native language. No heritage, but they soldier on.

For the past 8 years we have had a black President, the leader of the greatest nation on Earth. It beats the heck out of me why somebody without any direction, without any history or background, wouldn't embrace our President as their leader, and this great country as their home?

And for history buffs, prior to 1861 95% of Russian Empire population were slaves of the landowners, significantly higher than the percentages here in US or even in the South. Full slavery , head on, ability to buy/sell, kill at will , etc. and have been slaves from 14th century forward (much before first slave ships appear in US or what would become US) Do all Russians (and every other nation living in former Soviet Union) now get to demand special treatment and rights, and privilege? No, we pull ourselves up by shoestrings if we have to, work, learn (especially learn, as that is something that could never be taken away from you), and prosper. two world wars, tens of millions dead, massive concentration camps, inhuman monstrous regimes before and after our revolutions - all of the things that would make life in US in 20th century to be resort like compare to what Russia went through. no complains, live , own your life, and prosper (or die trying).

I hate Russians, for what they did to build their ****** second world empire. They were always second fiddle to the USA despite their occasional lead in some areas of science and discovery. Mostly they took a back seat to the USA. Why? Because there was no freedom like in the USA. You were told what you would be, a scientist or a janitor. There was no motivation to excel.

When I say I hate Russians, it's not a feeling of racism though. I don't hate Engchi, I view him as my tovarish/comrade. Hearing his story makes me realize that he was held down by his government, a government who did not pick him to be a top scientist. It sucked to be Russian, for those reasons, but not for all.

Here in the USA, we elected a blk <sic> President. If blks aren't getting equal opportunity, equal representation, equal chances to exercise their 2A rights, then blaming white people for their own inability to make things happen is just looking for a scapegoat. Latinos are the biggest discriminated race in this country, yet they keep coming and find work and work hard, and make it hard to discriminate against them because people recognize their contribution to the daily lives of other Americans. Do they complain? Sure. Does anyone listen? No. They earn their respect/disrespect based on how they help or hinder society.

The fact that the OP refers to blacks as blks, while referring to others as whites, jews, ruszians <sic>, etc. kind of makes that gut feeling I had earlier a little bit bigger. I'm IN baybee, IBTL!

N i blame blks aswell. For being so stupid and doing exactly what the imperialistic, and racist whites want them to do. Keep doing drugs, keep killing ourselves. Etc. Its sad that we as a people have given up. I admit. I do blame blks for our comtinued problem. They do sit back and wait for handsout now like they deserve to be carried to the top because of our history. The fact that we dont have one. We dont know how to speak african anymore here. We lost our heritage. I dont know my ancestors from africa. I dont know what tribe i originate from. Our American history is being slaves. To white people. So u mad that blks feel lost still? Your mad at them that they were destroyed for centuries? And dont know how to be productive citizens of white America now. You say, be hsppy you have your freedoms now and take advantage, but its not that simple. You cant look at a whole race of people, who are clearly lost, and blame a whole race for why they are still in a primitive mindset. Just bc they had 50, 60 yrs to get their entire families together. Its not realistic to expect a entire race to bounce back in 50 yrs. Not realistic.

Then pick up a book and start educating yourself rather than placing the blame elsewhere or making excuses. Which "African" language are you referring to? There are thousands. Take advantage of the Internet access you have and start researching your own history and lineage. My grandmother did it and traced my family back to the founding of this country - a direct ancestor signed the Declaration of Independence. She didn't pay a dime to do it, only time.

Black history includes far more than slavery which was taught when I was in school. I'm more than a decade older than you so I'm sure you had the opportunity to learn what your culture has contributed here in the US. You seem hellbent on continuing these rants like your race is the only race or nationality who has suffered and lives in poverty. There are plenty of Hispanics, Asians, Caucasians etc who have it just as bad if not worse.

There are also plenty of black people who grew up in the roughest of neighborhoods and went on to make something of themselves. They didn't beg for handouts or ask to be carried. They applied themselves and became productive members of society. They certainly didn't sit around crying "woe as me" expecting everyone else to do it for them.

At the end of the day, it's up to the individual to decide what he or she's wishes to make of themselves. You can cry foul and sit around feeling sorry for yourself or you can get out there and work for a better future for yourself. Only yourself is standing in the way.

At the end of the day, it's up to the individual to decide what he or she's wishes to make of themselves. You can cry foul and sit around feeling sorry for yourself or you can get out there and work for a better future for yourself. Only yourself is standing in the way.

This comes across like your are speaking to KENDLLB. He's already said he was not one who sat around feeling sorry for himself. He learned about his rights, got his son into a good school, etc.

Just wanted to clarify.

This comes across like your are speaking to KENDLLB. He's already said he was not one who sat around feeling sorry for himself. He learned about his rights, got his son into a good school, etc.

Just wanted to clarify.

Not at all. It's towards anyone who fits the bill. From people growing up in poverty expecting everyone else to fix their lives to those demanding rich people not be allowed to be rich just because they aren't. Everyone is in charge of their own destinies. Personally I have far more respect for those who had to bust their butts to get somewhere.

Ive been gone awhile. But honestly, lets agree to disagree. Im tired of argueing over the race issue. As ive already wrote a book explaining myself. N admitting that blks need to wakeup. N who said other races dont have it bad coming from othercountries?? I never said they didnt. So not understanding what your trying to say. But even at that, not one single race in this country has worse neighborhoods, n schools, and environments than blks. Not whites, or latinos. Deffinitly not arabs or chinese. Blks have the poorest. Worse. Drug infested areas n the most killings from drug money related crimes. But of course, im argueing with rednecks, excuse my language if i offend u. But thats what your coming off as. When you tell me its better that the blks deal with the gangs and murders of their families and children, bc we dont want to legalize some drugs. Bc u agree it may stop the violence in blk areas, but your more upset that if the murders stop in our areas, that the gangs may come looking to rob more white areas....thats wat your telling a young blk man?? Is better you blks than us whites. My exact point about racist mentality. N u cant reason with racist. Its a blk problem, so let it stay a blk problem. I get it. Why help stop killings in blk neighborhoods, bc those criminals may branch out and start effecting your white neighborhoods. Really American attitude of you all. But want to tell me read a book. Ive read thousands trust me. I also listened to MLK, and Malcome X, who said its a white mans world. And that minorities were seperate from White America. And that white America didnt care about the struggles we are stuck in. And you just proved it. By the rediculous position you have taken on the blk communities issues with drugs and gang violence. Leave it to the blks, long as it doesnt end with crime in your area. Lets let the drugs and gangs destroy the blks area only.

You're arguing about racism and then proceed to call people rednecks? If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. You really need to get out into the world if you think blacks have it the worst. The Jewish community would like to have a word with you as well as the "Arabs" who have and stil are being persecuted for something they didn't do.

In case you hadn't noticed, the most powerful man in the US is black in addition to many successful politicians, businessman/women, professionals, etc. All in this supposed "white mans world" you speak of.

Quite frankly if you don't like it either do some about it or leave the country if it's so terrible. Complaining about it while taking no action (I gather from previous posters that you don't vote) makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

There doesn't seem to be much point in trying to convince you of anything because clearly you've come here just to rant about drugs and racism while making extremely racist statements yourself. I don't see what any of this really has to do with CC. I think this thread has more than run its course.

Blaming the imperialistic whites for all the problems in certain communities isn't the answer.

I'm surprised to hear that someone would move back to a neighborhood where they or their children could be killed at any time because they don't feel safe around white people.

The truth is, change needs to come from people inside their own communities, not from outside.

It has a lot to do with people not caring what happens to them. It's survival of the fittest. Always has been, always will be. I have my own family and community wo worry about.

None of the drug or gang violence has moved into any of the areas I choose to live in the last 30 years, and none of it ever will.

The best thing to do, other than legalizing drugs, which I agree with, is to speak out and educate people on why things aren't changing in the neighbrhoods. Because the same Democrats are elected year after year, and they do nothing to help anyone in problem communities. It's easier for them to hope the murder rate outweighs the birth rate for long enough for the problem to take care of itself. It's sad, and disgusting, but true. They talk about tougher gun laws as a solution, while in reality, their failed policies are the real cause of the problems.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good bc my redneck comment was aimed to not upset, but strike home on a point. N also, i never called anyone a redneck. I said you sound like a redneck. With your ideas of lets not worry about the crime in blk communities. I think ur post have more than ran its course. N how can u tell me i take no action. When i already stated what im doing to fix my areas. You just cant read clearly. I said it a thousand times what im doing. Its my choice not to vote, n u say im a problem bc i dont vote? What right do you have to judge me bc i dont have faith in your judicial system? So now i gotta move out the country? I wud, u shud pay for it. Id move to puerto rico and live in a nice farm house.

N barack is NOT "blk".

He is hawain, first of all. Second of all, he is half white. So dont you dare tell us to be satisfied with a half white half blk president. We will b satisfied when we have a 100% blk president. Or a 100% mexican president. N what are the jews going thru in this country? Or arabs? You cant tell me arabs are constantly being mistreated all bc of 9-11, or that jews are here being killed and exterminated. Bc thats whats happening to blks. We are dieing by the multitudes in this country.

As far as my ranting about nothing to do with cc, thats your fault. U comtinue to write me your opinions that i dont agree with, so your mad i keep writing you mines? So stop wasting time on my post if it is a waste of your time. There are a thousand other post you could stalk if this one is beneath you.

Nobody blamed whites for complete reasons of our issues. All i said is whites havnt helped make it any easier for blks to succeed in this country. You may not be racist, but how can you speak on the racist whites ive encountered in my life? Bc thats what i speak on. The group of white teens calling me n**** in dekalb. Or the cops who i just had harassing me two hrs ago, violating my rights again as always. Pulling me out of my car for a traffic stop. Telling me where are the drugs? Pushing me on the hood of their car with my daughter in the backseat crying. Yea that just happened two hrs ago driving down my street. So you want to talk about why we feel what we feel. Thats why. How often are you pulled out of your car for a triffic stop and against your request to NOT CONSENT to a search, they do it anyway. You dont deal with our kind of problems. So dont act like you know the solution to our problems. Cause im a educated man. Diploma. 3.4gpa entire school career. I dont carry myself as a threat to police or society, but still i get harssed. This is my life everyday. Being taken advantage of by cops even when you know your rights and say them. You ever had a cop grab your balls and squeeze them??? Have you? Or talk down to you infront of your kids? Threaten to tske your kids away if you dont tell them where the gang members hide their guns? Knowing you committed no crime. U ever had cops plant drugs on you just to lock you up? We live in a unfair society. The only good thing to come from politics now, is them putting camaras on cops. But even then you hear how cops are turning the camaras off. They hate the idea of body camaras. Why? They know they act dirty to us.

Molly said a good point. More good citizens need to get gun cards. N protrol.our own neighborhoods. I agree. N thats one reason im getting my cc. Bc i plan to help keep my area alil safer. Most gang members would love to have a cc, n be able to legally protect themselves from gun violence. Not all gang members sell drufs. Ud be surprised but most gang members work with u. They work in warehouses. Forklift jobs. Gov jobs. Own their own buisnesses. I can see clearly none of you even know a thing about gangs. But want to speak of wat you hear on the news. And movies. Its not a gang rule to sell drugs. Or to commit murder. The gang members arent forced to do crime like u think. Some do crime bc they want, others chose to work a real job. Just more chose the easy way. Not right. But they do. Its life. Im not saying every thug can be changed or helped. Some love violence. We call them hardcore. But others are just as confused. Lost. Blinded. N im going to keep trying to help these gang members. Yall keep saying why did i move my family back into the hood. I didnt. I moved out of a all white area bc we wouldnt fit in.it was obvious from the looks on their faces seeing us walking the longest street in my life in shabbona. As if where the heck did we come from. How did we get there. Like aliens. Even the cop pulled over and asked us what we were doing out there. Where are we from. Where do we live? Like it was his buisness. Whites ssy they arent racist, but secretly a good amount are. Its just a inside racism. Hidden from the public. Bc they know its no longer tolerated. But behind closed doors, how many of you ever used the N word? Even while singing your cavorite rap somg in the shower. Of course you wont tell me. How many of you ever judge a blk person without any reason. Saying why does he dress that way? Pull up your pants. Or why are they talking so loud in the restaurant. Or anything? We all have alittle tiny bit of racism in us. At one point or another. You find yourself thinking a racist thought. Deny it if you want. Or mayb you just dont think its a racist thought. But we all judge at some point. At least once.

I adressed how drugs relate to our country gun violence problem. And i think i did a good job showing that. So new topic thats not so aggressive

KENDLLB360 says he's ready for new topic and I think this conversation - drugs, violence in our communities, and rascism, was a very difficult one. There are no easy answers. Thank you to those who commented and kept the conversation on track.

This conversation will now be closed. KENDLLB, our members look forward to meeting you and having you here on the forum.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Archived