Gun violence in Illinois & the 2nd Amendment

KENDLLB360

No im not saying every violent act is racism. Im just making general comments. I cant make a certain comment saying that oh,all whites hate blks, or all blks hate whites. But reality is that racism is not over. Its not so far gone in the past that now it should be something u only read about i history books. Its still real. Its here. And im just telling you that blks are NOT truly free. Nor are latinos. N i know whites get racism from blks too. Its not right. Or justified. Two wrongs dont make a right. But the point is, a blk man can go to college, get 4.0, graduate, and apply for a job. But at the end of the day, he has to interviewed by a white man. And if that white man has any biasness in his hesrt, he will deny that blk man the right to a job. And unless that blk man can prove its a racial decision, he is *. But that wud be hard to prove. And the white boss would know that. Im just saying, we can try all we want to be equal, and many may make it in the world and become successful, but whats the chances you think that majority of minorities will be given a FAIR chance in the buisness world? If the only way to the top, is by the approval of a white man? At the end of the day. How many blks own buisnesses? Not many. But arabs come to this country and get tax breaks. They get 7/11s, gas stations, mexicans come from mexico and get loans to start buisnesses. Blks dont get those breaks. Majority of times, blks credit is tarnished before they get old enough to know what credit is. How come blks have been here longr than latinos and arabs, but all the get is section 8,n link? Instead of loans for buisnesses. Instead of better schools since they been horrible for decades. Its not new to America that blk schools fall short of a QUALITY education. Why???

OP, you don't vote? Yet you're complaining about crap the gov't is doing. You've got no place complaining about the gov't if you don't vote. Would you prefer to be in Cuba, for example? Or North Korea?

There are no perfect candidates. Especially in this hades hole of a state. Life is a compromise. Get used to it.

This is from the resident spelling Nazi: your posts are extremely painful to read.

N i blame blks aswell. For being so stupid and doing exactly what the imperialistic, and racist whites want them to do. Keep doing drugs, keep killing ourselves. Etc. Its sad that we as a people have given up. I admit. I do blame blks for our comtinued problem. They do sit back and wait for handsout now like they deserve to be carried to the top because of our history. The fact that we dont have one. We dont know how to speak african anymore here. We lost our heritage. I dont know my ancestors from africa. I dont know what tribe i originate from. Our American history is being slaves. To white people. So u mad that blks feel lost still? Your mad at them that they were destroyed for centuries? And dont know how to be productive citizens of white America now. You say, be hsppy you have your freedoms now and take advantage, but its not that simple. You cant look at a whole race of people, who are clearly lost, and blame a whole race for why they are still in a primitive mindset. Just bc they had 50, 60 yrs to get their entire families together. Its not realistic to expect a entire race to bounce back in 50 yrs. Not realistic.

I do compromise. I deal with my own issues. I dont get gov help. Ur gov doesnt do anything for me. Its not my gov. Its a white mans gov in my opinion. Where do i benefit from this gov? I provide my own protection from violence and crime. Not the police. Not your politicians. They dont come to my area at night. They dont walk my kids to school to ensure they are safe. I do. Im not anti gov. Im cool with it. I just domt see a need. And if i lived in cuba, id be the same way. Im glad its a "free" country. For yall. But its not for us. The people whites put trust in, are not the ones blks can trust. The cops who keep yall safe, abuse us. So what do you expect? We are not in the same boats. Im not saying dont vote either. Im saying im not falling for the bs. Mayb in the future, if i am comvinced of my eole actually making a difference, then mayb id be more involved. But til then. Im ok. Regardless, what ever will happen will happen. As i said some things are inevitable. Like a end to slavery. As i stated, whites didnt just start haying slavery. Blks just stood up to the "masters" and fought back. Whites realized, that one day, blks would unite anyway, and strike back. So better to make it looklike whites wanted a change after 500yrs. Now whites just started loving blk people. And said, why are we hanging blks?? Lets just make them free and give them rights...no. thats childish thinking. Whites had no choice. To make a change. What year did blks start voting?? What year did blks start sharing bathrooms? What year did blks start riding the front of the bus? All within the 20th century. Right?? How lomg ago was that? A few years back? Exactly. So dont expect me to jump for some voting rights in a country just bc now we can. Like we should feel grateful for this right from the whites.

"

But honestly. No disrespect but if your ruzsian, than your white too. We dont care about how whites were racist to other whites. You can understand where im coming from. Its not ok by any means the way things went on. But you cant compare that to what blks went thru in this country. And no, i was never a real slave. I wasnt whipped daily. But i do feel its relevant to today. If your whole generation of heritage has been misused since then til now. What do you expect? We already had broken spirits. As slaves. Its a ethnic mindset that is stuck in many blks. They still feel like salves.

"

and that may be part of overall problem - if you do not stop thinking of yourself as a victim you will not stop being one. own up , grow up, move up. stop whining. stop complaining, empower and move if you have to . get the **** out of ghetto if that is what is needed. also, as real immigrant, reality does not care how you 'feel' or what you heard in some cultural studies from community organizer - leave your "feelings" for the shrink.

reality to me is simple

- the country is becoming more and more diverse and that is a great thing. Chinese (these are also many different people and nations within it), Indians (hundreds of nations), 'russian' (which are also many different nations and nationalities) , all of the Spanish speaking immigrants, and immigrants from all other the words have come , will come, and will come more. the percentage of "blacks" is going to decrease, so is the relevance of all of the noise and cries of oppression. new immigrants are not going to care about your feelings and concerns, get over it. they will not care at all of your attempts to blame slavery on them or take advantage of them because you feel the world "owes" it to you. It is also the same message to people who are concerned about losing the special white anglo saxon character - get over it as it is not going to change.

- your ideas of oppression and what is bad has very little to do with reality, there are billions of people who would kill and die to have what you have right now. in my native country (not Russia) with average salary of $60 a month, with electricity twice a day, water once a day (may be), and things like heating/hot water not seen in 30 years , with people worrying about what to eat tonight, your US ghetto conditions are heaven. wake up because when these immigrants come (who are currently massively blocked from arrival), they will displace you and kick you out of the ghettos as too soft.. Every wave of immigrants went through this (Chinese, Irish, Italians, Jews, etc) and every wave allowed their children to prosper vs dragging them back into the past, the sooner the "black community" understands it, the more successful it would be . you are living in the first world, vast majority of the population does not ..

- please stop speaking for entirety 'black race' . I studied, worked with multiple real Africans (Kenians, Nigerians, Sudan) here in US, and they care little about your worries , self entitled attitude, victim mentality , constant whining - they are like any other immigrant ready to work hard, be good, and excel. to them, your concerns mean little to nothing and they share nothing in common with you - not the language (their English is better than mine with British accent) , not the culture, not the 'oppression'. and you know what? they will succeed.

as for 'gangs' - we had something similar in the old country, 'crews' (which were more criminal enterprises) and local self defense units. when society breaks down (and I have seen it first hand in early 90s), such self defense neighbor groups very quickly take gang/crime problem under control as there is limited judicial system and no authorities to complain to. you either fit in the community and behave by its rules , or you don't. problems are solved. as Russians say - problems are solved permanently. I hope it never comes to this in US as that was one of the reason I came here and very proudly became an American...

The struggle for equality continues. No one has said the struggle is over. Poverty is a complicated problem. Urban crime is a complicated problem. The war on drugs, which is supposed to be the topic of this discussion, is a complicated problem. We won't/can't solve it here, but we're here to discuss possible solutions.

For this particular discussion, everyone needs to think before they post and reflect how it is going to be heard from the other side. IllinoisCarry code of conduct calls for mutual respect when posting.

or the short way - you are very , very fortunate to be having first word problems, and you may just not realize how fortunate you are.. That it takes very ,very, very, very fat and rich country to care about such concerns and create custom solutions for 'native nations' or some other groups to make them feel engaged and valued. that in case of any real , serious problem (economic, war ,etc.) , with such fat going away, the 'issues' you feel are so huge and oppressing would feel like child's play to you..

Kendll, I have no disillusions that gang violence is only in "the ghetto." But it's also not always about drugs.

I'm nowhere near "the ghetto," yet there was a 12 year old killed (not the intended target) in a drive by just a few weeks ago, all because of a BS argument on facebook.

Do I visit gang neighborhoods to try and understand the poor conditions? Nope. Why? Because I'm not stupid... I know there'd be a target on my back. And that's not being racist, that's being realistic.

And speaking of being realistic... like we already talked about, legalizing drugs may cut down on a lot of the senseless killing... but it'd also be sending out an invitation for them to start branching out and "taking" more. So why would I (or anyone) willingly invite a scenario that almost guarantees more crime coming to my neighborhood?

You keep pointing back to racism, slavery, unequal rights... yet you also admit that you see all Caucasians, regardless of ethnicity, as white. You were born in the 90s, yet you're pointing to things that occurred decades, even centuries before you were born as justification for how some people choose to believe (and behave) today.

You have a job, you have a family, and you have a clean record. The only difference between you and the ones selling drugs and killing people are the choices you've made. You chose to be a better person. Many do not.

And you cannot expect society to fix a problem that is engrained in a culture that is unwilling to make difficult choices, work hard, and EARN something.

U keep mishearing me. Im saying blks need to step it up. Sure. They keep making excuses. Yea. They need to man up. Yea. Thats true. But im not fighting for all blks natiomwide. Im fighting for the ones in my area who are living in a warzone that yall dont understand. The ones who society dont care about. U keep saying make your lives better. But not saying how. When they are the ones living in a gang neighborhood. With shootings everyday. Im not making excuses for the bad people. Im makimg excuses for the good ones, stuck in a bad area. The ones living in crack neighborhoods where there are no programs to help them get off of drugs. All our countries funds are being spent to stop these drugs from being sold, which isnt working mmeanwhile, noones getting any help. How about putting more effort into fixing our schools, and drug programs. How about bringing more jobs to our areas besides mcdonalds. Why are all the warehouse jobs in suburban or white areas? Our communities have NOTHING to build from. They were slums years ago, and still are. Nothing changed. Just added cops. Added laws. Added red camara lights draining the poor people even more. But what are they getting back? Yea blks are mad that our areas jave been left to fend for theirselves in a battlefield. We are afraid of gangs, and afraid of cops. How does that sound? Who do you turn to then? Currupt politicians?

No im not saying every violent act is racism. Im just making general comments. I cant make a certain comment saying that oh,all whites hate blks, or all blks hate whites. But reality is that racism is not over. Its not so far gone in the past that now it should be something u only read about i history books. Its still real. Its here. And im just telling you that blks are NOT truly free. Nor are latinos. N i know whites get racism from blks too. Its not right. Or justified. Two wrongs dont make a right. But the point is, a blk man can go to college, get 4.0, graduate, and apply for a job. But at the end of the day, he has to interviewed by a white man. And if that white man has any biasness in his hesrt, he will deny that blk man the right to a job. And unless that blk man can prove its a racial decision, he is *. But that wud be hard to prove. And the white boss would know that. Im just saying, we can try all we want to be equal, and many may make it in the world and become successful, but whats the chances you think that majority of minorities will be given a FAIR chance in the buisness world? If the only way to the top, is by the approval of a white man? At the end of the day. How many blks own buisnesses? Not many. But arabs come to this country and get tax breaks. They get 7/11s, gas stations, mexicans come from mexico and get loans to start buisnesses. Blks dont get those breaks. Majority of times, blks credit is tarnished before they get old enough to know what credit is. How come blks have been here longr than latinos and arabs, but all the get is section 8,n link? Instead of loans for buisnesses. Instead of better schools since they been horrible for decades. Its not new to America that blk schools fall short of a QUALITY education. Why???

No offense but

IF I were a boss, I wouldn't hire anybody who displayed such an attitude whether they were black, white. brown, yellow, or even green for that matter.

Also, of ALL of the posts in this thread it is my opinion that only one poster displays any hint of racism.

Be well, and I truly hope you find your peace and may God be with you.

I hear you on being stuck in a bad area. so may be a naive question, why wouldn't such people move? if refugees from all the way around the world are risking their lives to move, what stops people are 'stuck' ? they have language down (refugees do not), they have full authorization to work (refugees or immigrants do not), they have networks already built for them (newcovers have nothing). why do they act stuck? i had a privelege to work with great people who I consider friends and they were sadly joking about themsleves as rare BMWs, all now making 100k+ for putting the effort. my field (IT) is in severe shortage of talent if you are willing to put in the effort and learn. education is free (i.e. all of the courses in university.mongodb.com are free). what stops people?

You think these gang members arent tired of dieing? Or losing so many friends? Bc they are. You do have some who love violence. Yea. But a lot wish they could get a job. Many made bad choices, i did too. I rolled with bangers. I committed my faults. I just did grow up. But i still understand their concept. Many old school gang members are disgusted at the violence level now. We expect some murders. That will never stop. But the level its at now is disgusting. I talk everyday to people about changing their lives and proving society wrong. But yea, the promise of easy money is too strong. They are born in poverty. And yea, thinking of goin to college sounds good, but the devil is powerful. His agents of distruction are powerful. When you look at it, for a young blk boy in the ghetto, he may want to go to college, but from day one he is tested by the streets. Some just cant beat the streets. Its not as easy to say get your a** up and work hard as a illegal immigrant. Not when ddug money is right in your face. Its too easy. So yea, why go to college for 12 years to be a lawyer, and be stuck with education debt, when i can sell some crack or weed, and make thousands in a week??? If drug dealing was big in your neighborhoods, do you think your kids would still be doing good in school? And going to college? And being productive? Chances are, some would fall for the "fast money". Its too tempting. When you grow up poor, and hungry. Then you say f school, i can just make a thousand a day on the streets in my neigborhood. Like Molly said. There is no right answer. Im just saying, why do we have to let it stay so hard for minorities in these communities? We are suffereing bc drugs are illegal. Point blank. Thats where vast amounts of MURDERS come from. In our areas. Robberies wont change. Stealing wont change. But at least some good ca come from it. So far, the only bad i heard from all of you, was that if the drugs are legal, and gangs cant make money anymore than now your communities will be affected bc they will come to your houses now. They will come to rob you. And your family. So you just dont want our problems, to land in your back yard. Keep the gangs in our neighborhoods. Keep drugs illegal so they can stay in their drug turfs. Not move to dekalb. Or up north to palatine. Shauwburg. Etc. But see it or not, gangs are already spreading. Growing stronger from drug sales. Not from roberries. Not from stealing. Not from robbing banks. Gamgs are growing strength fromone thing. The demand for drugs. Ignore it if u want. Thats why el chapo is filthy rich. Bc white america and blk america, and asian america, loves drugs. Think about it. Im not racist. N im done with the racial topic. My post was about the violence. From drugs. Not violence from whites or blks. Drugs have no color. They effect us all. But they are here to stay.

"

But honestly. No disrespect but if your ruzsian, than your white too. We dont care about how whites were racist to other whites. You can understand where im coming from. Its not ok by any means the way things went on. But you cant compare that to what blks went thru in this country. And no, i was never a real slave. I wasnt whipped daily. But i do feel its relevant to today. If your whole generation of heritage has been misused since then til now. What do you expect? We already had broken spirits. As slaves. Its a ethnic mindset that is stuck in many blks. They still feel like salves.

"

and that may be part of overall problem - if you do not stop thinking of yourself as a victim you will not stop being one. own up , grow up, move up. stop whining. stop complaining, empower and move if you have to . get the **** out of ghetto if that is what is needed. also, as real immigrant, reality does not care how you 'feel' or what you heard in some cultural studies from community organizer - leave your "feelings" for the shrink.

reality to me is simple

- the country is becoming more and more diverse and that is a great thing. Chinese (these are also many different people and nations within it), Indians (hundreds of nations), 'russian' (which are also many different nations and nationalities) , all of the Spanish speaking immigrants, and immigrants from all other the words have come , will come, and will come more. the percentage of "blacks" is going to decrease, so is the relevance of all of the noise and cries of oppression. new immigrants are not going to care about your feelings and concerns, get over it. they will not care at all of your attempts to blame slavery on them or take advantage of them because you feel the world "owes" it to you. It is also the same message to people who are concerned about losing the special white anglo saxon character - get over it as it is not going to change.

- your ideas of oppression and what is bad has very little to do with reality, there are billions of people who would kill and die to have what you have right now. in my native country (not Russia) with average salary of $60 a month, with electricity twice a day, water once a day (may be), and things like heating/hot water not seen in 30 years , with people worrying about what to eat tonight, your US ghetto conditions are heaven. wake up because when these immigrants come (who are currently massively blocked from arrival), they will displace you and kick you out of the ghettos as too soft.. Every wave of immigrants went through this (Chinese, Irish, Italians, Jews, etc) and every wave allowed their children to prosper vs dragging them back into the past, the sooner the "black community" understands it, the more successful it would be . you are living in the first world, vast majority of the population does not ..

- please stop speaking for entirety 'black race' . I studied, worked with multiple real Africans (Kenians, Nigerians, Sudan) here in US, and they care little about your worries , self entitled attitude, victim mentality , constant whining - they are like any other immigrant ready to work hard, be good, and excel. to them, your concerns mean little to nothing and they share nothing in common with you - not the language (their English is better than mine with British accent) , not the culture, not the 'oppression'. and you know what? they will succeed.

as for 'gangs' - we had something similar in the old country, 'crews' (which were more criminal enterprises) and local self defense units. when society breaks down (and I have seen it first hand in early 90s), such self defense neighbor groups very quickly take gang/crime problem under control as there is limited judicial system and no authorities to complain to. you either fit in the community and behave by its rules , or you don't. problems are solved. as Russians say - problems are solved permanently. I hope it never comes to this in US as that was one of the reason I came here and very proudly became an American...

+ 1,000. Bravo

Plus people in these communities dont know about what jobs you talk of. They arent being preped for success in their schools. The ones who are good, are surrounded by bad kids who come from even worse home conditions. And disrupt class. Kids face peer pressure to be bad.kids are our future, but your mad that kids in our areas are surrounded by violence. So they learn violence. How can they change and grow? Slaves were born into slavery. They didnt think it was wrong. It was all they knew. Same here. These kids are born into a currupt area, so you blame them for thinking currupt? Thats all they see. Like i said, the only time they see whites in theirvarea, is when the police come to harrass them, so yea their viewpoint of whites is tainted n as u stated, yall dont go to those areas. Bc even you are afriad. So when do our people get a good experience around whites? When the only whites we see, are abusing us when we see them. Or crossing the street when we walk down the block. But i was not pose to commit race anymore. Im talking guns, and drug violence. Thats my point. Give our kids a fair chance. A gang violent free area. Closing their drug operation wont kill them. It wont make world peace. But dammit its a start in a good direction to stop the killings that WE have to endure.

And as far as africans...yea they dont think we are blk either. I got friends straight from africa. So dont tell me how you got blk friends who tell you one thing. To them we are not even really blk. But race is a touchy subject for anyone. But yea every race had their problems. Jews were almost extink from hitler. I agree we all come from harsh backgrounds. Yall took my words and ran 8 miles with each sentenced i wrote. With a combative attitude. Not a open conversation.

My bottom line is, the drugs is our problem. Its killing us. Its giving criminals reason to continue their course. How do you know that if the drug buisness failed, that they wouldnt start bettering themselves? You say they will commit other crimes. Sound racist to me. We dont know the future. Half of the bangers could decide to just get a job. You dont know. I dont know. It could go either way.thats reality. But i think its worth a shot. Wat we have to lose? Besides gangs an violence coming to your front door. Then see if yall start feeling different. You judge harshly now, while it doesnt effct you. But if it did, ud understand my point. My point on the drug wars.

Simple question, Kendll. If drugs were legalized, would the violent criminals and gang bangers:

1. Go back to school, get jobs, become productive members of society?

Or

2. Continue being violent criminals and gang bangers who now focus more on taking what others have, as their drug "business" has been taken from them.

Simple answer. 1 or 2?

Whites hirting whites is not racism. Nor blks hurting blks. Thats just called self destruction. Racism, is one race, hating another race. Jews, russians, british, your all white to us. Mayb your not to yourselves. But to us you are. Theres only a few races in our opinion. Asian, spanish, whites, and blacks. Evety other ethnic group can pretty much fall inline under one of those titles. So a jew against a iltalian. Is still white on white in our eyes. But a russian, hurting a asian, would be racism.

So you have blurred perception of what racism really is. That explains a lot, and it explains why I have been inclined to find many of your comments offensive.

Your comments lumping "whites" and "blacks" together is without a doubt the most racist speech I have ever seen on this forum, bar none.

You will find that the members here, from the farthest left leaning socially progressive liberal to farthest right hard line bitter clinger, respect individual liberty and believe in personal accountability.

Perhaps you should step back and get to know your audience a bit better.

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KENDELLB360, Greetings and welcome to the forum.

I sensed alot of urgency, anxiety and frustration in your writings. I'm sure your mind and fingers are going +100mph in search of a solution. You provided alot of insight, some good some, I don't know. Does not matter.

Take a deep breath. Baby steps, keep things simple. Slow, down a bit. You got some good responses. Ms. Molly B, is the one here, to help you with any of your CCL issues. Mr. Mike Weisman, ivited you to a meeting. Go check it out. Worth a shot.

I hope you stick around IC.

PS: Ignore the grammar nazi and nay sayers. They hv nothing better to do.

Whites hirting whites is not racism. Nor blks hurting blks. Thats just called self destruction. Racism, is one race, hating another race. Jews, russians, british, your all white to us. Mayb your not to yourselves. But to us you are. Theres only a few races in our opinion. Asian, spanish, whites, and blacks. Evety other ethnic group can pretty much fall inline under one of those titles. So a jew against a iltalian. Is still white on white in our eyes. But a russian, hurting a asian, would be racism.

So you have blurred perception of what racism really is. That explains a lot, and it explains why I have been inclined to find many of your comments offensive.

Your comments lumping "whites" and "blacks" together is without a doubt the most racist speech I have ever seen on this forum, bar none.

You will find that the members here, from the farthest left leaning socially progressive liberal to farthest right hard line bitter clinger, respect individual liberty and believe in personal accountability.

Perhaps you should step back and get to know your audience a bit better.

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know for a fact that Haitians do not consider themselves the same as black Americans in the sense that culturally we came from a different place. also from my experience Africans are the same way. also other ethnicities such Russians, Italians, The Irish etc were not always just lumped into the white category in this country. they were and still are very distinct cultures besides whatever you see when you look at their skin.

Also i feel that the military is a great option for all that are willing to put in the work to make it work for them and serve their country. my dad became a citizen thru the Army even tho he grew up a peasant in a 3rd world country.

people in Haiti and other countries give up evening they have to come to America because it's the land of the free and the home of the brave and they want a piece of what they see is a great way to live.

obviously this country has a long ways to go to make sure everyone is on as level a playing field as possible but it's indeed possible. I like to think of all the people doing bad things on the police side or the "civilian" side are not the majority. it can be fixed and if we work together it will be fixed

I want to say yes, i have been killing myself trying to make my point the right way. Wit the right words. Mayb i mispoke on certain points. I can admit that. Yes my viewpoints on race may be warped. I cant argue that. But only bc of what my life experiences created in me. Wrong? U cud be right. But i know what ive experienced personally that affects me. Thats all i know.

Im not here to ofend people. If i did i apologize. Also yea the army cud be a great idea. For many. Or job corps. Just these people need to know about these options. Its not popularized in our areas.

Also, we still have to get rid of the drug war issue in our areas. Thats the biggest problem. Our youth are blinded by easy money. It sucks. I wish i could take them all and smack them aside the head and say yea get up and do something positive with your life. But i cant. But i do show by example. Every day. I changed my ways, just in time to not catch any criminal background. And not burry myself into all the bs out there in the streets. I do not judge gang members for being in it, or preach all in the ears about leaving it. I do however, preach to them about getting it back to positivity. And making changes that all could see and follow. Its not the gang itaelf thats bad, its the people in it who push this currupt activity. A lot of them are only in it bc their family is rooted in it. As i stated, it started in the 70s as social groups. These are kids of old timers who did practice revoluntonary ideas. And did seek to protect the neighborhood. Just got lost in the drugs buisness. Many leaders got hooked on heroine and lost their ways.

All im saying is not all of these "bangers" are completely lost. But if you count them off as lost, then your telling they have no other option but to stay lost. Bc society already wrote these young men off. I stay in the trenches with them. N ill keep sticking it out with them bc thats what real America is. Sticking it out together, until better times come. Still fighting. Working. For peace. N

My gun rights of course.

Im all for working with whoever, and whatever for a safer country. For no more unnecesary killings. Other than self defense.

Archived