Gun violence in Illinois & the 2nd Amendment

KENDLLB360

Hi blackrifle matters:

Im glad to hear a response from you. Of course we cant agree on everything. I understand. Coming to a understanding is the only key. Not total agreement.

I know i switch topicsquickly. Im not use to talking this much honestly. Or good at writing so much over a cellphone for that matter. Im not into the internet.

But as far as blks opinion on CCL...i think its safe to say majority agree. Blks are tired of the violence. And killings. Ive lost many friends to it. My friend was shot 5 times standing next to my wife on a street xorner in south chicago. Just standing there. He lived. I had to even run for my life numerous times as bullets chased me. So you speak about guns, i know guns. I lived a life close to a veteran. Ive seen murder. I nearly committed murder also to protect my wife and kids when being attacked. Its life. A hard one. But its life. Our life. Daily. So you speak on CC...

I say heck yes!!! If only more minorities could get it to protect themselves in these streets, but wait, too bad they cant because most minorities already have felonies by the time their 17. For drugs or some kind of violent act. Let me tell you this, most gang members carry guns already. Not because they intend to go out and kill but because they intend to go out, and be targetted to be killed. Many my friends are in gangs, and daily carry illegal guns because they need safety. How can they leave they gang, when people remember faces? I could quit a gang today, but still cant move out the hood. So now how do i protect myself? Legally i cant own a gun now. Because i got caught with weed few years ago. So im disqualified. So now what?? Its all messed up. All of it. Police dont protect us. They only show up after the shootings. Not during. Most people go to prison because they got caught with a gun, illegally, because they have arrest etc. Even if for non violent reasons. But regardless, you think ISP will call them to hear their story? No. You think tbe people running ISP care about how hard life in the hood was? Or how many days a week i dodge bullets. Or run from random gang members who just want to whoop me cause i live on a different street? They only see numbers and records. Were you arrested for a gun? Ok then your out. Did you sell 20$ of weed few years ago? Ok your out. Basically leaving minorities defenseless in a jungle. One thing i do know, is gangs will always get their hands on guns. People in general can always get their hands on guns. No matter how hard he laws are. Etc. Where theres a will, theres a way. Personally, i applied for my CCL bc im not going to be a victum. Of anybodies senseless acts.

Some may not like guns, and put faith in police. Thats their decision. And if their house gets broken into, i hope their PD moves fast enough to save a women from being raped. Or robbed. Peronally, im putting my trust in my handgun. I know i live in a jungle. Just a ordinary day going to the store for milk, or gas station on division, or 26st, can tur into a violent encounter with the wrong group of guys. Thats the day ill be prepared for.

I have a better idea(s):

1) Send All gang members to an island with no means of escape.

2) Don't blame others for your poor circumstances / choices.

3) students who disrupt class / learning enviroment - ship off to boot camp.

4) Allow God back in school.

5) STOP gov handouts

1) sending all gang members to an island is cruel and unusual punishment. not all of them are lost and many can become contributing members of society given some guidance.

2) it's not about blaming others for your choices or circumstances. it's about making sure the disparity between the top and the bottom doesn't leave the bottom impoverished and feeling as if they are only able to steal, kill, and destroy.

3) almost every student disrupts class / learning environment in some way. you're going to mandate that the government enforce such a program? who shall pay for such a thing?

4) I'm all for God in schools however that probably will not happen. what these schools need are resources and to be a safe haven from street life. when the street seems like your only way out that's a big issue.

5) as a society we should help others get on their feet if they are willing to put in some work to make it happen. banks, companies, and universities get government handouts too. are you also calling for an end to those practices?

Welcome KENDALLB, This is a good insight into the way things are from your perspective. Especially decriminalizing drugs would have such an impact on Gangs and cartels. I totally agree along with I'm sure most people would agree that having a past record with weed should not disqualify from getting a CCL.

The fact that expense for training, licensing etc. also makes it difficult for many families to even afford a CCL in your neighborhood. Hope you get your CCL in a short time.

Thanks

Let make it easier for you..

Its not how much money you have in your pocket...But rather your cultural situation.

Definition of culture

• : the beliefs, customs, arts, etc., of a particular society, group, place, or time

• : a particular society that has its own beliefs, ways of life, art, etc.

• : a way of thinking, behaving, or working that exists in a place or organization (such as a business)

If you think 'more money' will solve the problem...

You get back to us when you have a figure that needs to be spent to fix the problem.

Keep in mind the trillions already spent on free food..free housing...free electricity..free phones...free internet...et al

Perhaps just pay people not to commit crimes?!?!

Laughing you are?

http://freebeacon.com/politics/dc-democrat-pens-bill-that-would-pay-people-not-to-commit-crimes/

Again...get us a dollar amount...because its not the culture...right?

We'll be waiting...

You still have no idea what I'm talking about. I don't care enough to explain it to you.

I agree. Poor education. Is biggest problem.soon all the old ones will be dieing off in our society, and the 20,30 yr ods will be the older part of our society, reaching 40s,50, 60 yrs old. And the problem is, what will our generations be like in 50 yrs? Or 70?. Im 25. And fear for when im 50. Bc of how the world is changing drastically. Im personally against gay. And especially gay marriage. My personal feelings. But now its all over the place. Every kids cartoon, every movie, every book, every channel on tv, promotes gay, and that it should be "normal" now. So whats so different about accepting gangs and legalizing certain drugs? If society is so open minded in 2016. U cant destroy drugs because its what the people want. Its not a supply issue as nuch as a demand issue. Society demands weed, and cocaine. People want it. So how can you get rid of it? People can grow weed in their house if they wanted. Its easy. So you cant stop or control demand, you must control the supply. If legal, then gangs and cartels cant supply anymore, because as in colorado, you can start growing yourself. So who needs smugglers? Who needs El Chapo anymore? Get it. You legalize what they people want. So the criminals who feed from it can no longer operate. Their buisness shut down. Society no longer needs the "outlaw" to bring them their desires. They can legally provide it for theirselves.

Everyone knows, cops and FBI dont want to legLize it cause its hard to tax. Another money issue. If it dont make dollars, it dont make sense. Why legalize weed if we cant control its operation and funds? If it grows from dirt like any other plant. N people can control it on their own. So no, its too many benifuts from legalization that its better to not legalize it.

KENDELLB:

Where abouts do you live?

I am on the Board of Directors of Illinois State Rifle Association,

and we have local meetings in various locations around the metro area.

(and adding locations)

If one of our meetings was convenient to you,.

you would have the opportunity to commiserate with like-minded people.

Regards,

Mike Weisman

This ^^. An invitation to IGOLD might be cool also, as an example of how we fight for everyone's 2A rights.

Hi kk5..your totaly right. They make it hard on purpose pretty much. Personally ive been flagged by a department and im currently under board review. Why, bc of where i come from in my opinion. Cops dont like me. And i know its because i express my opinion, and i know my law. I didnt go to college though, i googled my rights as a American. They werent taught in my school. I taught myself. Bc i was tired of being bullied. Many times police and i battled with the minds. They would destroy my vehicle. Disrespect me. Call me a smartass bc i told them i dont consent to a search of my person and vehicle during a traffic stopm told me who do i think i am? Being a smartass. Telling them my rights. They want us to stay stupid of the law. Thats how they abuse the law. You cant defend yourself of things you didnt know had a defense in the first place. I guess one of those cops fmagged me. Lol

Everyone knows, cops and FBI dont want to legLize it cause its hard to tax. Another money issue. If it dont make dollars, it dont make sense. Why legalize weed if we cant control its operation and funds? If it grows from dirt like any other plant. N people can control it on their own. So no, its too many benifuts from legalization that its better to not legalize it.

Vice News did a short on Colorado's weed businesses and the different issues that many weed dispensaries have come across since it is still federally illegal, an all cash business, and most banks will not directly hold the money of weed businesses. I do think states are figuring out the tax issue even tho the feds may be hesitant to allow it, this is an older article but the revenue stream seems pretty lucrative to me http://cbsloc.al/1PpPgSG

Welcome to the forum. You could ask MikeW where the meeting locations are, you could very well find them informative.

Not trying to excuse or forget what you dealt with But a BIG part of the issue with the CCL is Lawn Dart sheriff ot notinmytown. He takes pride in all the objects he files, bloating the system. Going back to the money he wants more money and power.

I really appreaciate the offer Mike Weisman. But you'll have to break it down to me. As im new to the whole gun thing as far as being active in the social scene. Im not sure what IGOLD is for one.or how to even find out about meeting locations etc. But i wouldnt mind getting more involved. Im not one for public speaking but im not one to shy away from a challenge. Im pro marijuana personally, i feel it helps many people with pain. Its better than pills all your life. Its safer than alcohol and cigs. I see absolutely no reason to be so harsh on it. As a society. I can understand crack, herion, and hardcore pills that people take. Mind alterating drugs. But weed?? Come on. Its a mellow drug. A pain killer of sorts. And versitile in its ways of use. You can smoke it, eat it, rub oils on your painful areas. Its endless possibilities medically that can be tapped. Never before because it was illegal. But now, it can be studied. Enhanced. Betterfied for a lack of words. (Making up my own words now). Also, im pro gun. My father recieved his CCL. I have 4 brothers who want theirs. I want mine, though the state is determined to make it difficult for me. But i plan to keep fighting for it. I have never been to prison. I have never been violent. Ive only been arrested for driving suspended. Which police in my neighborhood hate because they tell me all the time, how do you have a clean record hanging around gang members? Basically i say give society the right to choose to smoke weed, or choose to carry a gun. Its about choices.

For Magslap:

I wanted to say, no more money is not the solution persay. Infact, as ive stated numerous times, money is the problem. Its always been money. Never changed. Money is why we fight. Its why we commit murder, and why we steal and why we rob. Truth be told, a perfect world can ONLY exist if there was no more money. If each man had to build his own life. House, food, etc. Money is why we are warring with other countries, so why is it surprising that gangs war with other gangs over money. Cartels fight other cartels, over money.

===============

'Money'...is nothing more that a representation of ones labor as far as I'm concerned (This is setting aside the 'silver spoon' types...of which I'm confident neither of us represents). Money is used as token to exchange equitable goods and services.

To earn 'money'...no...'we' dont commit murder, steal or rob. This is NOT the 'go to' source. I'm shocked that these are your first choices you mention for the source of money.

On the contrary...in a perfect world, its an 'honest days pay for an honest days work'.

'No money' frankly..is a commune.

Money is NOT the problem. Its the method some use to gain it.

=================

Its a circle is what im saying.

=================

No..its not..

Money is a simple concept.. You have to EARN it.

Once EARNED. It can be exchanged for goods and services.

=================

But we cant get rid of money can we??? Or we wont. We need our social statuses dont we? We need our filthy rich, and our dirt poor to set a difference from eachother dont we??

=================

Really? REALLY??

Are you serious about that?

I'm honestly agast at the above statement...

I can only say..."Join a commune".

Again...'money' represents ones labor. Say that to yourself 10 times. Then say it again.

=================

Tjats mankinds problem. We turn from god and turn to the Almighty dollar. I dont even know who made money, but i know in the beginning thee was none.

=================

'Money' was invented the moment some caveman wanted to exchange a pound of mammoth meat for an arrow head.

One caveman had to hunt and kill for the meat...the other had to hunt for and shape the arrow head.

Do you get it yet??

Your 'ideas' of money are both disappointing..and honestly..sad to say is juvenile. Sorry..but the world doesnt work the way you 'think it should'..since the dawn of man. It never has..and never will.

=================

All im saying in these essays i keep writing, is that we all want peace. To live comfortable in any neigborhood. We can deal with and expect crime to continue. That cool. Thats why we have our rights to bear arms and each one protect whats his. But the vast amount of killings from gangs and drugs in our inner cities cant be ignored. And i only offer realistic solutions. Not racial self righteous properganda. Or ignorant comments as to our situation. I feel it doesnt take an educated man to have reasoning. Reasoning is what humans are born with. It sets us apart from any other living creature in the world. So use reasoning in dealing with this issue. We want the "gun" killings to slow down in our country. Thats our main focus. Is our guns. And my solutions i feel are pretty reasonable in the view of slowing down these killings. So the gang problem, is a pro gun activist problem as well. Even if you live in a nice pretty neighborhood. What happens in my neighborhood effects you too. Bc you wish to keep your 2 admendment rights. Well, if gang and caryel wars continue on our soil, then you can soon kiss your rights good bye. And blame it on the blks and latinos and their ghettos, who you failed to address as a society. Because our "hood" problems, are just as much yours.

=================

Sorry..you offer no 'realistic solutions' You seem to believe in rainbows and unicorns.

What happens 'in your neighborhood effects me too'? Well..I can agree with that. We have to PAY FOR IT.

I personally AVOID such neighborhoods. But somehow..they seem to 'chase me down'.(I'll let you think about that one)

So its 'our fault' that 'we didn't address' the problem?

(Time for some honesty buddy)

ITS NOT 'OUR FAULT'.. Get over it!!!

(Please review the 'programs' that have been enacted year after year..add up the public resources directed to 'solve the problems'. THEN get back to me.

Is it never enough? Again..add it all up. The costs are a cancer on this country.

Others live their lives...Live and let live right? If your other 'communities' can get your sh*t together..DONT BLAME US!!!

You mentioned GOD.. Well I'll close with this. God helps those who helps themselves.

And I'll make an addendum.

God doesnt help those who relies on 'better communities' to help themselves by questioning the definition of 'money'.

(I've responded in the nicest way I can...but I assure you, your 'view of the world' is pretty screwed up)

Ok, IGOLD Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day. We should all go to Springfield. Make our voices herd. We drop cards at our representatives offices. But you can ride a bus down and spend time talking with other supporters of the 2A. The local grassroots meetings you have to experience. I think you would be surprised at the people you would meet, some you will agree with some you won't. You have to go to see.

Smelf2

Your right. Its good revenue from legal weed. And benefits. Most of America is ok with it. Whoever dont want to smoke, noones forcing them to buy it and roll a blunt or joint and get high lol. Its a choice. And to be complaining about debt in our country. And oweing other countries. I cant see why legal weed money is bad. It can literally clear us from debt over time. Just off of legal weed sales overtime. Our state budget would probably not be in crisis. Imagine the profits every state can make from legal pot. And the money saved from not funding billions into a stupid drug war. That nobody in America cares about. The numbers speak for themselves. America is on board with the change. How much more do we need?

Hi kk5..your totaly right. They make it hard on purpose pretty much. Personally ive been flagged by a department and im currently under board review. Why, bc of where i come from in my opinion.

We have seen cases of Cook Co. Sheriff objecting to a CCL based on contact cards alone. CONTACT CARDS. It makes me so mad I could spit nails. Fortunately, the CCL Review is overriding a big percentage of the objections. If you need help with preparing a statement for the Review Board, we are very glad to help.

There's actually a lot of interest at both the Federal and State levels in rethinking the "tough on crime" approach of the 1980's. And that interest transcends party affiliation, with both President Obama and Senator Rand Paul supporting similar concepts, for example.

Illinois is studying the approach taken in several other states to reduce mandatory minimum sentencing for lower level drug offenses and, to a lesser extent, has looked at making some non-probationable gun possession offenses probationable. For our part, we don't typically enter into the debates about drug laws, but we have opposed mandatory minimums for non-violent firearm possession charges and do stand with those who want to codify that medical marijuana should not be used as a diqualifier for a FOID card. We also promote the concept that non-violent offenses should be treated differently than violent offenses, and that we need to change our thinking about what constitutes violence in some cases (possession, without use, of a firearm as an example).

Opinions will differ and these are tough topics. Our members represent a wide variety of opinion on these things but I think you'll find some common lines of thought here.

I'd like to point out that no one alive today experienced the real racial atrocities you've spoken of. And whatever happened in the past is no excuse for what's happening now. That's been milked for far too long already. Racism goes every which way and contrary to many of the SJW statements, blacks most certainly can be racist.

But this all seems like a protest against drugs being illegal and has little to do with 2a and CC.

Kendall, thanks for your thoughts and contributions to this forum. I actually agree with your comments on drug legalization. Alcohol would be illegal today if the same rules were applied to it. The "war on drugs" has been a huge waste of time, money, effort, and lives for decades. We are helping to support thriving criminal enterprises all over the world, yet our level of heroin overdoses seems to be at an all time high. I don't know what the solution is, but what we have been and are doing now doesn't seem to be working.

And I also concur that if you remove the lucrative drug trade (and, heaven forbid, legalize and regulate prostitution and other vices), perhaps we would see a reduction in related gang and inner city violence, not to mention a reduction in sex trade victims...?

About the local meetings, we have 3 that you might consider within traveling distance, all start at 7pm, last an hour, and people tend to gather ahead of time:

1. Tuesday, Feb 9, South Suburban - 147th and Pulaski at Keystone Cafe

2. Wednesday, Feb 10, Heart of Chicago, 18th and Damen at Deiz y Ocho Burger Lounge

3. Thursday, Feb 18, Chatham, 87th and Cottage Grove at St Rest Country Kitchen, 727 E 87th St

Hi kk5..your totaly right. They make it hard on purpose pretty much. Personally ive been flagged by a department and im currently under board review. Why, bc of where i come from in my opinion.

We have seen cases of Cook Co. Sheriff objecting to a CCL based on contact cards alone. CONTACT CARDS. It makes me so mad I could spit nails. Fortunately, the CCL Review is overriding a big percentage of the objections. If you need help with preparing a statement for the Review Board, we are very glad to help.

Kendll B. Welcome to Illinois Carry. There are some very knowledgeable people here.

In case you didn't know know Molly B is the screen name for Valinda Rowe who knows just about everything there is to know about getting your CCL. She and her husband have also recently become official lobbyists for IC and the ISRA in Springfield

She can help you navigate through the ISP to get the objection cleared up. You can PM her and she should be able to help you. B

Good luck!

I'd like to point out that no one alive today experienced the real racial atrocities you've spoken of. And whatever happened in the past is no excuse for what's happening now. That's been milked for far too long already. Racism goes every which way and contrary to many of the SJW statements, blacks most certainly can be racist.

But this all seems like a protest against drugs being illegal and has little to do with 2a and CC.

i agree that anyone can be a racist including black folks of which I am. I do think that those racial atrocities that happened in the past still have a tight grip

on what is happening now in this country when it comes to race relations in our communities. racism isn't as overt as it once was but it is still very

powerful. many of the old and still existing gun control laws were rooted in racism such as North Carolina's Pistol Purchase Permit. This gave the local

sheriff the ability to keep only those that he wanted from purchasing a pistol legally. It seems eerily similar to the arbitrary 30 day LEO objection that is

currently in place in IL. I also believe that KENDLLB360 was trying to show that because the inner city violence is so prevalent and their tool of choice is

the gun it makes for an easy target when it comes to enacting more gun control. KENDLLB360 was just giving more suggestions on how to curb such

violence and take the focus off of the inner city crime that is done with guns.

About the local meetings, we have 3 that you might consider within traveling distance, all start at 7pm, last an hour, and people tend to gather ahead of time:

1. Tuesday, Feb 9, South Suburban - 147th and Pulaski at Keystone Cafe

2. Wednesday, Feb 10, Heart of Chicago, 18th and Damen at Deiz y Ocho Burger Lounge

3. Thursday, Feb 18, Chatham, 87th and Cottage Grove at St Rest Country Kitchen, 727 E 87th St

I will do my best to attend the one at 18th & Damen, I had no idea that such events occurred, although Molly B. did recently tell me about IGOLD which sounds like an awesome event.

Question for OP ,

Do Black Lives Matter or do All Lives Matter?

Both Democratic Presidential nominees answered Black Lives Matter?

Will you, and your neighbors vote Democrat?

Also, should we legalize and Tax prostitution? Or just legalize it? Victimless "crime" and all.

Last should probably be in Purple.

Is that how you treat a new member who's interested in coming to one of our 2A social meetings? I think not.

I'm happy to see a new 2A supporter and I hope he comes to the Heart of Chicago meetup this Wednesday, where we'll warmly greet him - unlike you did.

Question for OP ,

Do Black Lives Matter or do All Lives Matter?

Both Democratic Presidential nominees answered Black Lives Matter?

Will you, and your neighbors vote Democrat?

Also, should we legalize and Tax prostitution? Or just legalize it? Victimless "crime" and all.

Last should probably be in Purple.

Is that how you treat a new member who's interested in coming to one of our 2A social meetings? I think not.

I'm happy to see a new 2A supporter and I hope he comes to the Heart of Chicago meetup this Wednesday, where we'll warmly greet him - unlike you did.

why would you pit black lives matter as a movement against those who say all lives matter? Black Lives Matter isn't saying that all lives don't matter, they are just reminding everyone who forgot, that black lives also matter. I don't agree with all of their tactics and I think that they do not always or at all have the desired effect.

Do you really think a white politician wants to risk such a thing as to say all lives matter? I mean not one that wants to be voted in to office come election time. Perhaps Trump would say such a thing cause he will just say anything that comes to his mind regardless of how it sounds when it exits his mouth.

Both political parties have their shortcomings as do all things created by humans. I am all about Liberty rather than Democrat or Republican. Who is going to help bring the country together and make it a better place to live without sacrificing that Liberty?

That being said I would never vote for Hillary but Bernie does has some "decent" ideas tho. They (politicians) all flip flop too much for me depending on the crowd they are in front of.

How do the counties in Nevada work their legalized prostitution? Is it taxed? I believe they would be a good resource for such a thing? Can you say that there is such a thing as a victim-less crime? Is it then still a crime? Even if it isn't a crime I think that there can still be a victim.

For the OP,

You mention God. The Bible tells us there will always be those with much and those with little.

It also states Be not drunk with wine or strong drink. Do you believe since it doesn't mention weed, cocaine, heroin (etc.) that those are ok? The way I understand it means don't let any DRUG enter your body that will affect your abilities.

Follow Gods Law.

All Men and Women are created equal. Equal Rights and Opportunities (not outcome) for all.

In a bad place? Circumstance? - Seek Gods wisdom - Not gang affiliation!!

Magslap

I have to say you misinterpretted a lot i said. And i disagree with a lot you said. But thats the great thing about it.

The bottom line is yes, money is important now. But if your religious, you will know that the world didnt start with cavemen. It started with Adam and Eve. And nowhere in the bible does it say, God told Adam to take this tree, and of it make money, and with that money buy things. And some will have money, and some would not. It doesnt say that. It says God told Adam be fruitful (have children), and cultivate the earth ( grow food) and worship him. Thats it. So where did mobey come into play?? Personalky, i dont believe in cavemen. And if you do you must believe in men coming from apes,evolving into cavemen. Which personally. I find rediculous. If you ask me. So back to the point, i get why we use money now..i wasnt stating lets destroy all money in one big kum ba yah fire. I was simply stating that money, leads to greed. **** the whole hard days work concept, in the real world noone lives by that creed...Which is why we even have guns. To protect whats ours. I was simply stating that money, is why we have crime. Its why we have criminals killing innocent people during home invasions. Its not because they just like to. Its because they are chasing money. Now thats me speaking on some higher principals. That of the bible i know. Where money was said to be avoided. Rather, a love of money, was a sin. People who seek it and desire material things. Instead of focusing on spiritual things. Now to get off of religion,

I dont know what a commune is....and not intending to google it...

Also, you seem to have a narrow mind on the facts of reality of the minority comunities. And to that i say, you cant teach an old dog new tricks. You sound like a racist in my ears. As im sure you would in many other minorities ears. And thats only because i feel i should always be honest and straight forward. You honestly dont think that the government, and law enforcement at all had anything to do with the predictament that blks and latino communities have found theirselves in? You seriously dont get the gentrification of people of color into slum like project buildings didnt have anything to do with the problem they are still in? I can remember speaking with my grandfather of how he was beat and abused from birth by whites growing up in west virginia, then to chicago. We were cursed to be lost from the beginning in our communities. And where do you think the drugs came from? That started adicting these certain communities of colored people and latinoes only? Why werent vast white communities of the 80s affected by a epedimeck of crack and cocaine as the blacks were? Because white men and women were immune to drugs? You turned your news, and all over America you saw black communities being torn apart, and devasted. Not whites. Not until blacks and latinos started to fight back. Which is the only reason im allowed to sit here today and actually tell you what i think. Not because the white men finally gave the poor old negro a break, but because the poor old negro started to unite and fight back. And there was no longer a choice but to make a change. Because one day, it would be enevitable. The oppressed would eventually have risen above the oppressor. And thats just the truth. Which is why we still deal with racism. Your great grandfathers came from solid background im sure, you know where my family roots come from? My fathers grandfather grew up on a salve farm as a young boy in virginia. With no education. Thats pretty close in generations to have just barely gotten over being a actual slave myself at this very moment if times have not changed.

And just in the 1970s our fathers were being beaten in the open streets by law enforcement for looking at a white women too long in public. And your telling me we need to get over it and get a education and great 100,000$ paying job from living in a gang neighborhood, where your life is threathened every single day, because people everywhere wants drugs, that gangs sell, even your suburban white teenage boy wants his reefer, and the givernmemt isnt helping to stop the violence. Bevause your talking to me as if im one of the people causing the violence. Which im not...but the people who are, are only doing it for money. So im clearly saying stop their money you stop their violence. If that doesnt make sense to you then its because your mind is clouded. The gov, and law enforcement are the ones stopping this from happening by refusing to legalize this drug to start. So your giving these criminals something to fight over. And yea you dont care, because you werent born to poor parents in the ghettos, you werent born in a neighborhood where you want to do right, but you literally get beat everyday if you dont join this gang, because they want more soldiers to sell these illegal drugs. If were legal, like i said, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Yea people may still rob banks, or break in homes, but one thing for sure,murders from drug deals and drug related cases for turf etc, would be over. Then, yea we could start holding people in these communities more accountable for their outcomes. But not now, not while they live a life from birth that you could never understand in your dreams. I dare you to try living a day in our neighborhood. In one day, you'd shot in your head. I guarantee it. Because your weak. And the weak wouldnt last in our neighborhood. Thats reality. Its a warzone because these drugs are illegal. And at the end of the day, our good famiies have no choice but to live in these areas. And kids in the ghettos habe no choice but to grow up there. They cant just wish for money and move out. Or wish for a good school with heat in the winter. Or wish gangs didnt have weed to fight over. Or wish that police didnt harrass us everyday from the age of 12 onward. Randomly jumping out on me personally as a teenager, mot committing a crime, and smashing my face into the ground, because i fit the discription of a black man walking down the street suspishcously..then grab my testicles and squeeze asking me where i shashed the drugs at, because they know i got them, you dont even want to get me started on what you dont understand about the reality of life my friend. Because it would surprise you.

You talk about all these welfare programs, you think thats what the heck these communities needed? Welfare??? Link or foodstamps??? Section 8??? Thats what the gov gave...but how about better schools?? Aequate schools? Certified teachers? Good ones? My school had no heat, rats, and worse. What school did you go to? Or how about your kids? I took my son from school in inglewood, to delalb, IL and you know he told me the difference in teaching. It was an all white school. In shabbona by dekalb to be exact. A very beautiful school. With everything a young white boy and girl would need to succeeed in life and be a great asset to the world. That was normal life for them. My son couldnt believe what those kids had. He's 10 by the way. To be able to tell me dad the white school is wayy better than my old school in chicago. They have central air. Computers. Amazing lunch food. From his own mouth. He said they actually teach you stuff, instead of what he was used to. Sad when a kid can come from nowhere and tell the difference from his own eyes. And then that kid be your kid.

You really need to rethink your way of thinking. And start seeing the big picture. Life is really one big domino effect. And once its rolling its hard to just make it stop..you want people to get over what made them how they are. Which was being enslaved and tortured and beaten for fun. Forced to the back of buses. And just barely getting their freedom, and your rushing them to get their **** together already? In just a 20 year period? 30year period? You want a whole 450years or more of abuse to be erased and for these negros and spics to finally get their **** together? In just half a generation? We are suppose to all of a sudden lift ourselves out the mud, that your forefathers stumped us into for so long. And we are suppose to chase this chance for education like its our golden ticket? But truth be told, how can a black man or latino make it anywhere in the world, when most jobs are already owned by white men in this country? Most political positions of authority are taken by white men already? By majority. If a black man wants to make it in life, no matter where. Or in what. At the end of the day, you know what, its only if a white man lets him. At the end of the day, no matter what job, or what industry, or what college, or anything, at the end of the tonel, there is a white man who makes the final decision. Just barely Obama came into the picture, but truth be told to you, he's techniqually not considered black to many of the black community. But was the best could take so blacks took it. It was something never thought to be possible in American history. Im sure making your forefathers roll in their graves.

But at the end of the day. Im just writing all this for nothing. Because you will just respond with an essay breaking down my essay. Ineffect just repeating ourselves over and over. But i respect your opinions. And hope you can respect mine as well. And agree to disagree on this whole topic..if ok.

Archived