MAG-20/Classroom in March 19 and 20 Outside Milwaukee Wi.

flw

Just signed up for Massad Ayoob Mag-20 non shooting class.

I have read several of his books and look forward to it but its two, 10 hour days. Anyone take this class before and have any suggestions on absorbing as much info as possible? I'm thinking I'll be exhausted after 10 hours. I got a motel for the night before and day of since I'm from out of the area.

Any help would be appreciated. Its located at Concordia University in Mequon, Wi. Any motels to stay away from or motels that you got a good price and deal from. I'd like to keep the motel cost to $100 per night.

Thanks and have a great day.

Dan

I took it two years ago. Take your laptop to take notes. There's simply too much info to take notes by hand. I hope you're a fast typist. Take an extension cord or two for your laptop.

Take water, soda, snacks to have with you for class.

I came away with 40 pages of typed notes. This class is simply awesome. Mas is danged funny. Enjoy.

I cannot speak for the MAG40 class but I have taken the MAG40. Take LOTS of notes. The is a ton of great information presented during the class. Don't be afraid to ask questions to clarify anything you may not understand either. Everyone at my class was more than willing to help anyone that needed it. Great group to train with.

Marie posted while I was typing. Computer is a great idea if you can type quickly. I had to hand write and put it in the computer at night.

This is the best legal classroom course for CCW out there. I have taken everything up through MAG 80 and recommend all the MAG classes. The material in the classroom portion is a extensive collection of what you MUST know before deciding to carry a lethal weapon. You do not know how little you know until you learn from Mas in his classroom and on the range.

Learning how to retain your weapon and disarm others and the advanced shooting techniques Mas teaches in MAG 80 have been the second most enlightening thing for me after the legal aspects covered in MAG 20. So as many have said, and I back this up "prepare to drink from a fire hose" that is what his classes are like. It's good that you have read up prior to class. That will help. I was able to take notes with a pen but that is how I like to do it.

Look into MAG 40 in Kankakee this year as well. Mas teams up with Bob and Andy from Midwest training group. Fun and fast paced for sure. Good luck!

Archived