Eotech Refunds

WARFACE

I don't know how many of you guys know about this but Eotech was sued by the government for providing bad optics. They are giving everyone, I think, that owns one a complete refund, no questions asked. You have to contact them and request a return authorization paper. I sent my 512 off this morning. They even add an extra $15 foshipping on top of what you paid. No receipts or anything.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/12/08/l3-communications-eotech-issuing-refunds-for-holographic-weapon-sights/

Just a heads up as I just learned of it about a week ago.

I'm keeping mine. Thing works fine and will never get put through the conditions that caused them to shift POI.

There's another big issue in addition to the POI shift:an inherent design flaw that causes the sights to inevitably leak (~page 25).

Check out pages 13-34. Lotsa eyebrow raising stuff.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/United-States-v.-L-3-Communications-Eotech-Inc.-et-al.pdf

I'm keeping mine. Thing works fine and will never get put through the conditions that caused them to shift POI.

There's another big issue in addition to the POI shift:an inherent design flaw that causes the sights to inevitably leak (~page 25).

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/United-States-v.-L-3-Communications-Eotech-Inc.-et-al.pdf

Wow. To be honest, I've had mine in under 20 degree temps and didn't have to mess with the zero at all and the hologram seemed normal.

But since they covered this up for so long, while knowing full well that our forces were being put in jeopardy with a bunk sight that could fail them when they needed it the most, makes me want to return it on principle to stick it to them.

Wow. To be honest, I've had mine in under 20 degree temps and didn't have to mess with the zero at all and the hologram seemed normal.

But since they covered this up for so long, while knowing full well that our forces were being put in jeopardy with a bunk sight that could fail them when they needed it the most, makes me want to return it on principle to stick it to them.

That's exactly why I returned my sight. I wanted an Aimpoint at the time but I bought the Eotech because they were backordered several months out because they were supplying the troops so I settled with the Eotech. Now that I find out about their game, I am getting a refund and buying an Aimpoint after all.

Damn, I'm glad I stumbed upon this thread.

I also have an EOTECH 512 which I've had for years and only used it the first couple months I had it due to problems. It's been sitting in its box ever since.

Not only does the zero on mine shift, but when the thing is off, the batteries quickly drain over about 3 weeks becoming completely dead. They're N batteries, so not exactly cheap. Because of this, it's completely useless as anything other than a novelty.

I'm going to try and return it.

Thanks for posting this info.

I am quite disappointed in this. I have 3 of their sights and haven't had any issues, but that's not the way to treat your customers.

Had they been proactive and sent out a notice of the issues with a free repair option, I'd stick with them.

I love these sights but don't want any failures that might haunt me.

EDIT: On the product registration cards, they say to, "Register your purchase to ensure you're contacted in the event of any product issues."

Not so much - huh??

This stinks!!!

THANKS TO WARFACE!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Bitter Clinger

I know it's old news but I managed to miss the older posts about it so I re-posted it incase everyone didn't know. There is no hurry at this point but Eotech, at some point, may require receipts for return approval and if anyone is like me, I am bad about losing receipts.

I've submitted the return reques and am just waiting for a response. When I opened the box to get the serial number to enter into the Web form, lo and behold, there was the reciept! I'm lucky I decided to pack it in there all those years ago.

Most people probably won't get them cold enough, but 122 degrees is easily achieved in a warm car.

I bet 122 degrees is easy on a summer day in the sun after a few mag dumps.

Frankly, it's a matter of principal getting your money back from an unethical company who put lives of our boys at risk. The question is are you getting a check or an L3 gift certificate?

Most people probably won't get them cold enough, but 122 degrees is easily achieved in a warm car.

Frankly, it's a matter of principal getting your money back from an unethical company who put lives of our boys at risk. The question is are you getting a check or an L3 gift certificate?

I'm getting a check and then getting an aimpoint

I've got a Bushnell holosight made by L3. I'd like to send it back but I think I'm SOL.

Attaboy! I think like TRJ, Eotech has been unethical and how many of our service people might have been killed or injured over their lies. My 512 was mounted on a Rock River .458 SOCOM, sighted in and never used again but the fact is that there are honest companies to do business with. I just eyeballed a new Vortex combat sight at BassPro this morning that I might give a little consideration to. Dang, now I have to mount a new sight, and pay 5 bucks a round to sight that badboy in again....thank God I have a laser boresighter.

Hopefully they don't ask for a receipt because I bought it in 2012 off of Ebay brand new and Ebay doesn't keep that information. I think their records only go back a couple years.

I'm just going to say that the purchase price is the current Amazon is asking.

I bought mine in 2011 and they never asked for a receipt. I would hurry before they do. I e-mailed them and got a response within hours so you can get it done quick. How long it takes to get the check will be another story. I imagine they are bleeding money pretty badly right now.

Hopefully they don't ask for a receipt because I bought it in 2012 off of Ebay brand new and Ebay doesn't keep that information. I think their records only go back a couple years.

I'm just going to say that the purchase price is the current Amazon is asking.

I bought mine in 2011 and they never asked for a receipt. I would hurry before they do. I e-mailed them and got a response within hours so you can get it done quick. How long it takes to get the check will be another story. I imagine they are bleeding money pretty badly right now.

I'm assuming that you just emailed customer service?

Yes Sir. I wrote my info for the RMA and they sent me an e-mail giving me the instructions. Just go to their site and you will see the refund thread. It's the easy button. Just print out the e-mail and RMA, throw it in the box and send it. They even let you keep the plastic case. Happy about that, it's where I keep my arrowhead collection.

Yes Sir. I wrote my info for the RMA and they sent me an e-mail giving me the instructions. Just go to their site and you will see the refund thread. It's the easy button. Just print out the e-mail and RMA, throw it in the box and send it. They even let you keep the plastic case. Happy about that, it's where I keep my arrowhead collection.

Awesome, thanks! I'll get that done today hopefully.

Archived