Losing FOID

Has the board told you what/who objected? (Not asking you to air in public). Domestic issue can be a mood killer. Remember lawn darting is for anything he can find. If they tell you and it is dq item, then look for some one you trust to hold the guns.

What did you do, OP?

I don't have any domestics. I was charged once about 7 or 8 years ago with a resisting... I have respect for Leo but this guy insulted and disrespected my elderly parents when they had nothing to do with it, so I lost it. Thanks to a great attorney I got off with a disorderly.

Has the board told you what/who objected? (Not asking you to air in public). Domestic issue can be a mood killer. Remember lawn darting is for anything he can find. If they tell you and it is dq item, then look for some one you trust to hold the guns.

I'm still waiting for the board to elaborate on what/who made an objection. I'm just trying to prepare myself for the worst so I can make the right arrangements.

i don't think that is a felony and a misdemeanor doesn't DQ you...

Yep. If the DQ reason is domestic or a felony, you can probably expect you FOID to get revoked as well (since such a reason would make you federally prohibited). Leaving the state wouldn't even help if it's a federal prohibition.

But if the DQ is something else (e.g. a misdemeanor other than domestic) then shouldn't be a problem. Dart likes to object to all kinds of things that don't actually make you ineligible. You then have the chance to fight the denial, but the $$ and time makes it a pain.

Federal Prohibitions (will result in loss of FOID)

• Those convicted of crimes punishable by imprisonment for over one year, except state misdemeanors punishable by two years or less.
  • Fugitives from justice.
  • Unlawful users of certain depressant, narcotic, or stimulant drugs.
  • Those adjudicated as mental defectives or incompetents or those committed to any mental institution.
  • Illegal aliens.
  • Citizens who have renounced their citizenship.
  • Those persons dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces.
  • Persons less than 18 years of age for the purchase of a shotgun or rifle.
  • Persons less than 21 years of age for the purchase of a firearm that is other than a shotgun or rifle.
  • Persons subject to a court order that restrains such persons from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner.
  • Persons convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

IANAL, and this is not legal advice!

You guys are aware that the ISP is going back into peoples records and re-classifying certain cases where family members were involved. The case may not even be a domestic as my so-called friend is finding out. He pled guilty to a reduced charge (domestic battery down to simple battery) and when he went to expunge it, the ISP denied him. In speaking with Molly and others, its very likely he will get his foid yanked. He has clammed up about it to me so I don't know if they yanked it yet but it doesn't sound good. I don't want to be a wet blanket but that is what is happening so I would prepare if this might sound familiar. I realize the OP said his charge was resisting but this is a heads up to anyone with any battery-related charges on their record.

Edited by WARFACE

You guys are aware that the ISP is going back into peoples records and re-classifying certain cases where family members were involved. The case may not even be a domestic as my so-called friend is finding out. He pled guilty to a reduced charge (domestic battery down to simple battery) and when he went to expunge it, the ISP denied him. In speaking with Molly and others, its very likely he will get his foid yanked. He has clammed up about it to me so I don't know if they yanked it yet but it doesn't sound good. I don't want to be a wet blanket but that is what is happening so I would prepare if this might sound familiar. I realize the OP said his charge was resisting but this is a heads up to anyone with any battery-related charges on their record.

This is VERY TRUE! Long short, I applied for my CCL in August, also bought two new guns that month with no issues. September purchased another new gun, expecting the same three day wait. ISP flagged the purchase. When I called ISP, I was told that I had a "Battery" on my record from 1994, when I was a stupid kid that got into fights, they wanted to make sure this wasn't domestic. Two weeks later, ISP issues transfer number and I picked up my new gun. Just another way that Illinois is scrutinizing applicants, gun purchases beyond published requirements!!! IMO, I think anyone who is denied a CCL for reasons of being a Threat to themselves or Public safety or danger to themselves, how ever they word it, you would be in danger of having your FOID card revoked. Illinois fought not to have CCL, now they've crafted this law in a way to serve themselves and remove as many guns as possible. Two years ago, the City I live in , performed a 2am Raid on every person in the CIty that had a Revoked FOID card, They made arrest and of course...confiscated guns .Think about it, its coming down the pipe people! I pray that I'm wrong.

When they yank your FOID, you are required to turn it in to the police agency of the town you live in. I guess they could come and arrest someone for not complying but I think they know that there are most likely guns on the premises and they are in possession by the revoked party. They aren't playing around anymore. I don't think it right what they are doing and it will only stop when a court case is brought against them. How many reasons can one think of to hate Illinois?Windermere, are you Crook county?

Edited by WARFACE

Lawn Dart is so very proud of all the objections he files. He is holding his breath and stomping his feet.

http://www.cookcountysheriff.org/conceal_and_carry.html

He wont say how many were over ruled. Look for your options, and wait. Prepare the worst and pray for the best. And remember even darter has to run for election.

GUNS, REVOKED FOID CARDS RECOVERED DURING SWEEP IN NORTHWEST SUBURBS Home > Press Page

Friday, June 28, 2013 —During a community safety initiative this week in the northwest suburbs, Cook County Sheriff’s Gun Suppression Team recovered an AR-15 assault rifle from an individual whose FOID card had been revoked because of a felony charge, Sheriff Thomas J. Dart announced today.

The team also recovered a .45 caliber handgun, a 9 millimeter handgun, and three Firearm Owner’s Identification (FOID) cards in addition to resolving five FOID cases during their sweep Tuesday in Schaumburg, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, Arlington Heights, and surrounding areas.

On Wednesday, the Sheriff’s Central Warrant Unit arrested 11 people on variety of warrants including DUI, theft, and battery.

Today, the Sheriff’s Graffiti Unit cleaned up 47 locations – 19 in Rolling Meadows, 12 in Schaumburg, nine in Palatine, five in Elgin, and two in Hanover Park.

The Cook County Sheriff’s Office worked with Elgin, Palatine, Schaumburg, and Rolling Meadows police departments as well as the Illinois Department of Corrections during this sweep.

The community safety initiatives are part of Sheriff Dart’s ongoing effort to support suburban communities in addressing and combating crime in their areas.

Home > Press Page

To be fair, dart uses that for press. He sends the squad to homes of prisoners. Without warrant, claiming the FOID card was never turned in. I saw a news report where the "squad" went to a bangers mother house, she told them nothing to see , move along.........

Wow, that sweep was back in the first half of 2013!

As to the link about Dart denying apps, and NO I'm not taking his side, he's running just under 7%.

If I remember correctly reboot Illinois had the numbers and Will County was around 10% at the time.

Me thinks it looks worse than it is due to Cook County having a larger number of apps to begin with.

But then I'm only attempting to NOT look like an anti when posting about stuff from the past and reporting numbers in a way that skews the lines.

Yes he is proud of his denials.

And yes he has the huge numbers.

But when talking percentages, we should maybe just use the total number denied.......that's what looks out of proportion!

ANYONE should be able to have a gun. If you misuse it, you pay the price. Anyone can go to the store and buy a set of pots and pans. If you go rent a condo or go visit someone who lives downtown on the 45th floor and throw those pots and pans you just bought off the balcony onto a crowd of people, what do you think will happen when the police catch you? Will they bar you from ever owning, touching, or possessing pots and pans? Would they ban you from owning pot holders? What about cooking spray? You only need those if you own pots and pans. I can't help but think something like this is not too far down the road. http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-night-of-broken-glass

If you threw pots and pans from the 45th floor of a building you would end up in jail. Depending on if you hit and injured or killed someone or didn't hit anyone would determine your length of stay. Regardless you would not be owning any pots or pans for some time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Edited by BigJim

I am glad i am older. When we used to get in fights, if the police became involved, they put BOTH in back of the same squad car, told to behave and turned over to your respective parents at your house. Of course patents actually disciplined their brats back then. Yes I took that ride. Yes my father was worse than any cop. Yes the cops knew that.