FOID card timelines?

I apologize if this isn't the best forum for this, but I think they're somewhat related as you have to get the one before the other. I see a lot of topics about the CCL issuance delays, but I was curious what people might know about the current timelines just for the FOID cards.. I see a lot of older stuff online about them being way delayed, but the most recent one was dated 2013.

I'm coming up on 30 days and no status changes have been made as of yet. I have a perfectly clean record.

• 1 month later...

I apologize if this isn't the best forum for this, but I think they're somewhat related as you have to get the one before the other. I see a lot of topics about the CCL issuance delays, but I was curious what people might know about the current timelines just for the FOID cards.. I see a lot of older stuff online about them being way delayed, but the most recent one was dated 2013.

I'm coming up on 30 days and no status changes have been made as of yet. I have a perfectly clean record.

My wife is currently in the same boat that you are. When we moved, she lost her card. Since we changed addresses, it was time to request a new one. Went on line and did everything on the 14Aug15. Her card went active on 01Sep15 but 16 days later, she still doesn't have her new card. Is ISP getting slammed again or is it that nobody really cares how long they take to get the cards out? Besides the cards recipients of course.

My wife is currently in the same boat that you are. When we moved, she lost her card. Since we changed addresses, it was time to request a new one. Went on line and did everything on the 14Aug15. Her card went active on 01Sep15 but 16 days later, she still doesn't have her new card. Is ISP getting slammed again or is it that nobody really cares how long they take to get the cards out? Besides the cards recipients of course.

There's also door number 3 (which happened to me), the card got lost in the mail.

Or door number 4 (in the alternative), the budget issue is throwing a wrench into normal operations (i.e. printing the card, mailing).

Edited by mrpapageorgio