CCLholder shoots guy over a girl

tommyd78

I have a comment and will not bite my tongue.

We can use these mistakes by others as learning experiences and reinforcement for our beliefs of what is a proper execution of personal responsibility as gun toters or we can launch a full scale ICHV style bash fest assailing the wisdom of carrying a gun anywhere.

Read the title and tell me which we are doing here.

We should all follow Molly advice until all the facts are known. The media has proven itself to be untrustworthy, especially with initial reports. There may be unreported circumstances that would make this a justifiable shoot. The opposite is possible to? We can't know either way.

Worth noting that I cannot recall a newspaper reporting any shooting events saying that the shooter(s) did NOT have a vaild CCW or FOID card. Perhaps this incident involving a 'legal' gun owner is THE definition of 'news' - as it IS so out of the ordinary?

Not much can be said of this story right now because as has been pointed out, we don't have the whole story..but this was my first thought while reading the article. I've never read a report of a shooting where they mentioned the shooter didn't have a valid FOID or didn't have a ccl and was illegally in possession of a firearm

I never understood the people who get mad at the other man or woman... shouldn't it be the one cheating that you get mad at?

We are a funny species, with a very real and deeply ingrained aversion to loss that often circumvents our own survival cues. In an extremely large contingent of the population it drives or at least heavily influences the decision making process to such a high degree that it gets ridiculous.

This phenomenon seems to transcend cultural and racial separations as well.

Worth noting that I cannot recall a newspaper reporting any shooting events saying that the shooter(s) did NOT have a vaild CCW or FOID card. Perhaps this incident involving a 'legal' gun owner is THE definition of 'news' - as it IS so out of the ordinary?

Not much can be said of this story right now because as has been pointed out, we don't have the whole story..but this was my first thought while reading the article. I've never read a report of a shooting where they mentioned the shooter didn't have a valid FOID or didn't have a ccl and was illegally in possession of a firearm

Media bias towards the left side of the spectrum these days is disgusting.

Take it from someone in the industry for 29 years. A conservative in a newsroom walks a lonely road!

Nothing surprises me in Rockford. I've lived here now for 19 years and feel trapped in a house that I can't afford to take the loss if I sell it. Recently Rockford achieved the distinction of being the second worst city under 200,000 population in terms of crime in the U.S. (only Little Rock, AK was worse). And while we need to wait until the full story on this issue comes out, just reading that the individual involved uses two names, and has addresses in three places in the area makes me think it does not bode well.

I'm glad I don't live in Rockford anymore. That said, if the guy really felt the need to have a confrontation with the other party, he should have had the common sense to LEAVE THE GUN AT HOME. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it so happens that he had been drinking as well. The fact that he's a CCL holder just shines a negative light on the rest of us.

What is not disclosed in the story are crucial details. Details like: was the CCL holder in the bar, was the bar posted, did the other guy have a weapon or pose a threat larger than the CCL holder could defend against, and who started the altercation.

As usual the media leaves out that stuff intentionally. Perhaps they don't have all of that information which if I were to write a story, I would wait for as many details to become available before writing an incorrect story.

Let's say that it turns out that this guy did nothing wrong. Shouldn't he sue for libel after the case is dismissed? I would. In fact, I would own that newspaper after I got done with them.

That's the media for you.......chastising the 2A while not chastising the criminals who kill people everyday.

Let's say that it turns out that this guy did nothing wrong. Shouldn't he sue for libel after the case is dismissed? I would. In fact, I would own that newspaper after I got done with them.

I think you're reading something into it that's not there. I see basic information about the guy and details provided by police and court records... no opinions or libelous references.

I think you're reading something into it that's not there. I see basic information about the guy and details provided by police and court records... no opinions or libelous references.

Lol, thanks for pointing that out. I haven't had any coffee yet so I tend to go off half cocked.

Archived