STATE'S CCL CARD PRINTING MACHINE WENT DOWN!

The ISP doesn't have a BUP?

A back up? Heck they just bought this one in late 2013...who could have predicted it might break!

Seriously though, I'd like to see this super duper printer that it took since the FOID act was implemented for them to purchase. It must be quite a machine to kick the cards out in the numbers they were printing early in the process.

I agree that a backup would be a benefit, even if they just use the same type as your local SOS office uses for driver's licenses.

I was going to post some snark about the fees involved so far,($18,300,000+), and how perhaps someone in an office somewhere would remember his or her training with these gun-things and not trusting mechanical devices 100% (you know, like safeties on pistols that ISP types are supposed to train on), putting one and one together and perhaps getting a back up machine so you could do routine and emergency maintenance but I thought best not to stir that pot.

I guess we could call this a 'training moment' and hope someone gets their ducks in a row and gets things un-messed-up ASAP.

"Info on delayed ILCCL permits. I have a student that is at 141 days for approval and after contacting ISP the CCL printer is down and it will be at least 2 weeks if not more."

Fringe Arms LLC https://www.facebook.com/fringearms?fref=nf

So Fringe Arms LLC is the OFFICIAL word? I wonder what Molly B will find out?

Isn't this a violation of state law if someone is at 141 days that isn't under board review?

I think the only violation is that people believe everything the read on the Internet. Did you read the Facebook post? It says I have a student that said. Geez the poster doesn't even have first hand knowledge. Maybe so maybe not.

The state il Illinois has collected tens of millions in fees from gun owners. I am sure they have, if not several backup printers, a top tier repair contractor on retainer to handle any maintenance issues on a quick turnaround basis.

http://www.geekhowtos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/printer-maintenance.jpg

couldnt the send out a letter to these people waiting, that states the have pass all the requirement and can carry with this letter on there person until they receive there card...?? Just asking

no the law expressly requires physical possession of the card , the ISP can not make law - well they're not supposed to

couldnt the send out a letter to these people waiting, that states the have pass all the requirement and can carry with this letter on there person until they receive there card...?? Just asking

no the law expressly requires physical possession of the card , the ISP can not make law - well they're not supposed to

Define "the card". Nothing says they couldn't print out a (temporary) piece of paper that would be just as valid as a plastic card.

As for the printer.... two is one, one is none. With they money they've been raking in there is no excuse, particularly if the same printer is also doing FOIDs. I'd suspected it was, as the color scheme on the new FOID would tend to even out toner usage from the color scheme of the FCCL.

Isn't this a violation of state law if someone is at 141 days that isn't under board review?

Oh, you mean like issuing a denial or an FOID within 30 days of submission?

Bet the machine is the same the DMV uses. Why not submit the info to ISP, then have them send back a letter you take to the DMV and get your FCCL printed there?

How about walking down to 316 N. Klein (on the corner with Mason) and seeing if their printer will run your cards? (I'd suggest walking to the one at 501 S. 2nd, but they don't do DL's)

Oh wait - we can't trust those DMV folks - except for the pictures we use on the FOID and FCCL... and for DL abstracts...

Nothing like a little duplication of effort in this state.

• 2 weeks later...

Printer ribbons have been located and ordered on EBAY.CN and will reach Illinois on June 28, according to my ISP FCCL ordering app.

:headbang1:

<purple/>

WTH? So those of us that are active and waiting are going into at least another month before getting our cards? That's BS. All the money Illinois has raked in for permits, the LEAST they could do is come up with a temporary means for us to CC. Why should we have to suffer for their inadequacy and lack of foresight?

Printer ribbons have been located and ordered on EBAY.CN and will reach Illinois on June 28, according to my ISP FCCL ordering app.

:headbang1:

<purple/>

WTH? So those of us that are active and waiting are going into at least another month before getting our cards? That's BS. All the money Illinois has raked in for permits, the LEAST they could do is come up with a temporary means for us to CC. Why should we have to suffer for their inadequacy and lack of foresight?

<purple/> means he is joking.

Archived