Assault bans in home rule Il. towns if she has her way

flw

State Sen. Julie Morrison, D-Deerfield, would repeal part of Illinois preemption law and allow cities and towns to regulate the possession or ownership of certain firearms based on cosmetic traits. See below for full story. It was just a matter of time after the Highland Park decision.

http://www.guns.com/2015/05/06/state-lawmaker-seeks-to-open-door-for-local-assault-weapon-bans/

What do you all think of this taking root this year?

How about some of the folks in her district propose a ban ON ALL CUTLERY to make folks FEEL safer.

Just about everyone has cut themselves with a knife sometime in their life so lets ban all of those dangerous things.

It seems from your comment that you may not live around here. If you did, you'd know that they would totally pass a law like that. In a heartbeat.

Don't laugh. And definitely don't give them any ideas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

A&E doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.

The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed.

I have not heard of anyone being assaulted with a rifle. Has anyone been assaulted with a rifle? Don't people use fists and baseball bats to assault someone. Let's ban baseball bats because people have been assaulted with them. No one has been assaulted with a rifle so why call semi automatic rifles made for civilians assault weapons and ban them? How people cannot see through these lies and propaganda and who is behind them. It would be laughable if their intent wasn't criminal. Why are they so desperate to ban them. What do they have to hide and what do they have planned.

Assault definition: a physical attack.

synonyms:attack, hit, strike, punch, beat up, thump, pummel, pound, batter, wallop, belt, clobber, hammer, bop, sock, deck, slug, plug, lay into, do over, rough up, rape, sexually assault, molest.

Way back when, the troops at a local military base were being beaten and robbed and left bleeding in the nearest town every weekend.

The C O of the base called the mayor and informed him that if one more serviceman was injured or robbed he would arm the troops with 2 X 2 X 36 clubs and tell the troops to clean up the town.

We were never bothered again.

Yes a 2 X 2 is a dangerous weapon.

Ban them and try finishing your new home.

It is not the inanimate object but the person using it that needs to be banned for a loooong time.

Next VOTE out every judge that permits plea bargaining away all of the gun charges.

Easterbrook threw us a bone with that statement about feelings. Coupled with Manion's dissent, it should catch the eye of SCOTUS. That's assuming en banc isn't granted. Easterbrook seemed like he didn't wanna deal with it because SCOTUS filed so narrowly both in Heller and McDonald, no guidance as to what is common and what have you, so he just tossed that emotions crap in there to keep Williams happy and tossed us a freebie since he I've never seen one of his opinions include garbage about "feelings" because the Bill of Rights doesn't give a crap about emotions. He knows exactly what he's doing.

The only reason why en banc wasn't granted in Moore is because of how much Posner's colleagues respect him. That is the only reason.

Easterbrook threw us a bone with that statement about feelings. Coupled with Manion's dissent, it should catch the eye of SCOTUS. That's assuming en banc isn't granted. Easterbrook seemed like he didn't wanna deal with it because SCOTUS filed so narrowly both in Heller and McDonald, no guidance as to what is common and what have you, so he just tossed that emotions crap in there to keep Williams happy and tossed us a freebie since he I've never seen one of his opinions include garbage about "feelings" because the Bill of Rights doesn't give a crap about emotions. He knows exactly what he's doing.

The only reason why en banc wasn't granted in Moore is because of how much Posner's colleagues respect him. That is the only reason.

Another issue that hasn't been addressed (that I hope will be) is the question of what level of scrutiny should be applied to the 2nd amendment. If they clarify that 2A issues are subject to strict scrutiny then we can finally say good bye to many of the restrictions out there.

Highland Park's mayor is pushing this. She was doing it before the CA7 ruling. I have the proof in hand. Anybody who receives The Highlander in the mail is encouraged to read it. Todd, if you're following this, I'll bring it to your bbq.

I'll post more on this later tonight. The Highlander that was in my mailbox today has 2 articles pertaining to the AWB.

Highland Park's mayor is pushing this. She was doing it before the CA7 ruling. I have the proof in hand. Anybody who receives The Highlander in the mail is encouraged to read it. Todd, if you're following this, I'll bring it to your bbq. I'll post more on this later tonight. The Highlander that was in my mailbox today has 2 articles pertaining to the AWB.

Still Waiting for an Update

Been busy tonight. Family stuff. I'm planning on scanning and posting images with minor editing, such as highlighting only. Hap, are you talking about the article on the front cover, or the piece from Rotering at the top of page 3? I'm referencing the piece on page 3.

I would like to see it all myself

Without a Loss at the 7th... we would not have the ability to Appeal to SCOTUS. When Heller was Won by Alan Gura at the Appellate Level, we needed D.C. to Appeal... and they almost did not do it. Many Anti-Gun Groups pressured them not to and even the NRA did not want it to go to SCOTUS. They tried every trick in the book to stop SAF and Alan Gura, but it did not matter... we owe a great deal to the SAF and Alan Gura, they took on the Federal Government, the NRA and the Brady Campaign as well as many others. Great source of information on this matter... Gun Fight / The battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. by Adam Winkler

• 1 month later...

Last night, Adam Winkler suggested we have a national gun registry. I don't know if he's an anti, pro, fence sitter, or what, but that is (arguably) unconstitutional.

Now we have Obama having BATFE reclassify AR and AK pistols as AOW, without the force of the GCA behind it, that provision will go down in flames since several courts (ILCD, CA10, off the top of my head) have ruled the NFA's regulatory purpose has been mooted by the GCA. It only serves as a taxing authority. I read the proposed rule, all they can do is go after you for not applying for a tax stamp under the Internal Reveneue Code. Can't add guns to the NFA without amending the GCA as well.

Last night, Adam Winkler suggested we have a national gun registry. I don't know if he's an anti, pro, fence sitter, or what, but that is (arguably) unconstitutional. Now we have Obama having BATFE reclassify AR and AK pistols as AOW, without the force of the GCA behind it, that provision will go down in flames since several courts (ILCD, CA10, off the top of my head) have ruled the NFA's regulatory purpose has been mooted by the GCA. It only serves as a taxing authority. I read the proposed rule, all they can do is go after you for not applying for a tax stamp under the Internal Reveneue Code. Can't add guns to the NFA without amending the GCA as well.

He is the author of Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. Sounds anti to me.

Last night, Adam Winkler suggested we have a national gun registry. I don't know if he's an anti, pro, fence sitter, or what, but that is (arguably) unconstitutional. Now we have Obama having BATFE reclassify AR and AK pistols as AOW, without the force of the GCA behind it, that provision will go down in flames since several courts (ILCD, CA10, off the top of my head) have ruled the NFA's regulatory purpose has been mooted by the GCA. It only serves as a taxing authority. I read the proposed rule, all they can do is go after you for not applying for a tax stamp under the Internal Reveneue Code. Can't add guns to the NFA without amending the GCA as well.

He is the author of Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. Sounds anti to me.

Without a Loss at the 7th... we would not have the ability to Appeal to SCOTUS. When Heller was Won by Alan Gura at the Appellate Level, we needed D.C. to Appeal... and they almost did not do it. Many Anti-Gun Groups pressured them not to and even the NRA did not want it to go to SCOTUS. They tried every trick in the book to stop SAF and Alan Gura, but it did not matter... we owe a great deal to the SAF and Alan Gura, they took on the Federal Government, the NRA and the Brady Campaign as well as many others. Great source of information on this matter... Gun Fight / The battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. by Adam Winkler

I would recommend instead of Winkler's book, The Heller Case: Gun Rights Affirmed, by Alan Korwin and David B. Kopel. I got my copy from the SAF at the 2014 Gun Rights Policy Conference.

Archived