Your foid may be "invalid" if you've applied for your ccl in the last two months

So I went active for my ccl Tuesday and couldn't be happier with that but I noticed yesterday my ccl and my foid number online are the same number but the foid I have in my hand is different the. The Foid number online. I figured they would get it straitened out and it was probably a glitch(I tried to call but no answer after 30 mins in hold) I went to my lgs today to buy a 10/22 after I sold a gun last week but I was told my foid was invalid when he ran my background check(after I told him about my different numbers issue) somhe went on calling the ISP and what they told him was somehow some peoples foid numbers got changed to their new ccl number and those people would receive new Foid cards and their ccls. They don't know how this happened or how long it could take to get my "new Foid that I didn't ask for" so in the end I was able to buy the gun but I can not take it home till I get my new Foid card(who knows how long that will be). Maybe j will be "lucky" and get my ccl and my new Foid before my wait is up anyway but yea you guys should check your food status online so you won't be embarrassed like,I was in a room full of people waiting to look at guns.

Yikes would hate to get pulled over with an Invalid FOID. Ccl or no I have a feeling the Judge would be sorting it out.

that's why I'm getting the word out to my fellow patriots so this doesn't happen to good people. What if I were on my way to the range and was pulled over for speeding and I told the officers I had my firearms in my trunk. He would have ran my foid and it would have been invalid and I would be arrested and all firearms confiscated. That's would have been a mess. I told my wife she is the home defender untill my "new Foid card" comes. Too many what if's for a law abiding person like myself.

I wonder how it would come up for LEO however? Would it just say the FOID is valid since one of them is? I didn't think they enter the FOID number on a stop. I would just hear on the scanner that they have a FOID and it is valid. Problems would arise when they run the number of the FOID that you have on you like the OP said.

I wonder how it would come up for LEO however? Would it just say the FOID is valid since one of them is? I didn't think they enter the FOID number on a stop. I would just hear on the scanner that they have a FOID and it is valid. Problems would arise when they run the number of the FOID that you have on you like the OP said.

I agree. The officer is usually informed that the subject has a valid FOID/CCL, but I've never heard an officer read back numbers for verification.

You guys are probably right but I wouldn't risk it at this point until I have my new card.

It's a valid concern, and thanks for bringing it up. Just trying to ease your mind a bit.

If you haven't already, I would PM Molly B the details. If there is a crack in the system we can fall into, she probably wants to hear about it.

You guys are probably right but I wouldn't risk it at this point until I have my new card.

It's a valid concern, and thanks for bringing it up. Just trying to ease your mind a bit.

If you haven't already, I would PM Molly B the details. If there is a crack in the system we can fall into, she probably wants to hear about it.

Molly b contacted and I was asking around through other people in my class( all 20 of us knew eachother) and it seems at least ten of them had this same issue and when they checked their food status on the transfer page it came back invalid try entering again meaning we all have to wait till the two new cards come. It took me 5 months to get my last Foid card I really hope I don't have to play that game. If imdontnget my ccl and my Foid bu next Friday immgoing to call the ISP if I have to wait on hold for an hour or not.

My ccl and foid numbers are the same now too, and staus on foid is not found when I run both numbers. Just went active on 3/26. It took me 7 months to get my foid a couple years ago. Really hope it only takes a week or 2 to get both Has anyone called to see how long it will take new foids to be issued?

yea I took 5 months to get my last Foid card so I feel your pain. I can say this I went active on Tuesday and received my ccl today but I didn't receive my newly changed Foid card so I hope it's next week sometime and not the 5 months it took last time. I did talk with the ISP and all they could tell me is they don't know how it happened or why, and they sent out over 3,000 new Foid cards that changed to the new ccl so they couldn't say if mine was in there only that my Foid number changed and I should get it " soon "

My ccl and foid numbers are the same now too, and staus on foid is not found when I run both numbers. Just went active on 3/26. It took me 7 months to get my foid a couple years ago. Really hope it only takes a week or 2 to get both Has anyone called to see how long it will take new foids to be issued?

yea I took 5 months to get my last Foid card so I feel your pain. I can say this I went active on Tuesday and received my ccl today but I didn't receive my newly changed Foid card so I hope it's next week sometime and not the 5 months it took last time. I did talk with the ISP and all they could tell me is they don't know how it happened or why, and they sent out over 3,000 new Foid cards that changed to the new ccl so they couldn't say if mine was in there only that my Foid number changed and I should get it " soon "

Have you checked your status lately on your foid? I'm guessing that when it says "active" is when it will be printed and mailed out?

Molly just posted this in another thread:

From the ISP:

Since the launch of the new FOID program, people who apply for a FCCL will also get a new FOID card (with the same number as the FCCL) mailed to them. The new FOID card will have the same expiration date as the old FOID.

If one of these individuals tries to purchase they should not be getting a denied FTIP response. We are aware that a few people have and are working on a fix that may already be working. In the meantime they should instruct the FFL to call in and speak to a member of the FTIP staff and we can work through it.

The call center should NOT be telling these people they cannot possess/transport.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46190&page=58

Have you checked your status lately on your foid? I'm guessing that when it says "active" is when it will be printed and mailed out?
Both my foid and ccl are active with the same number so I was hoping they would come together and I could put this behind me but my ccw came and my foid didn't somits a waiting game. The isp says I can still possess and transport forearms with my current foid but I can not purshase any firearms until my new foid card comes in. So my 10/22 that I "bought" on Friday is on hold until my newest foid card comes In. I glad I found it out at the lgs because I would have randomly got a new foid card in the mail and would have been puzzled as to why.

FWIW on the 2014 CCL the number they used for the CCL was our FOID number with 14 in front of our number as our concealed carry permit number. Soooooooo following this thinking if push came to shove before this is corrected you might suggest this to an officer.

My CCL and FOID numbers are as Blackcat writes. This post made me curious, so I logged into the new ISP site and both my FOID and CCL (with the different numbers) show active.

If you had a valid foid card don't see how they can do anything to you with them making the change

I can say this my new Foid came in the mail today and it looks completely different style wise then my old one. It kind of looks like my ccl with gold instead of the blue. At least I can go pick up my 10/22 now, I'm glad it got squared away seeing as I was starting to get a little worried but I'm happy now. I just wanted to get the word out so others would know of this.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else seen this? I was just doing a private transfer today and my food that I just did address change and CCL is now showing up not found on ISP check website.

I'm gonna have to call ISP first thing tomm. Anyone know an insider track to find out what's going on. Is my foid still valid??

Edited by kster

Has anyone else seen this? I was just doing a private transfer today and my FOID that I just did address change and CCL is now showing up not found on ISP check website.

I'm gonna have to call ISP first thing tomm. Anyone know an insider track to find out what's going on. Is my foid still valid??

Did you read post #14 above? In that link you can also read post #1731. So the answer to your question is yes and also the reason for the OP #1. Edited by spec5

• 1 month later...