Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

McCroskey

A little off tops...  Does anyone know who ships magazine with capacity of 15 or more to Chicago?  i have been looking at various websites but they all restrict magazine up 10 round capacity for Chicago and or Cook County.  The vendors view Chicago as Cook or list both exclusively.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

On 9/26/2021 at 5:41 PM, protean said:

A little off tops...  Does anyone know who ships magazine with capacity of 15 or more to Chicago?  i have been looking at various websites but they all restrict magazine up 10 round capacity for Chicago and or Cook County.  The vendors view Chicago as Cook or list both exclusively.

Just take a ride out to DuPage County to Bass Pro Or the Range at 355 or any gun store  and buy them off the rack. Nobody will ask for anything other than your credit card.  

On 9/26/2021 at 7:52 PM, Lou said:

Just take a ride out to DuPage County to Bass Pro Or the Range at 355 or any gun store  and buy them off the rack. Nobody will ask for anything other than your credit card.  

Thanks it is what I will do.  All the stores online have an IL state restriction and when you click on it, it lists Cook County, etc.  

BigTexOutdoors, Brownells, BoneFrogGunClub (on the list btw), Bud's Gun Shop, TopGunSupply, AmmoSupplyWareHouse ship 15 Rd mags to Chicago. Don't know about more than 15 tho.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this is a little late, but I ordered and received four 30 round AR mags from TopGun Supply. Their customer service is awesome.

On 9/6/2021 at 12:09 PM, McCroskey said:

Thank you! We just don't want anyone feeling misled, a lot of people have posted here saying "so and so is good to go" then it turns out they don't live in the City proper.

Can confirm https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/
I'm in the city (60625) and uploaded FOID and DL. Good to go.

What platform and manufacturer? KYGUNCO I messaged and called their customer to verify.. They ship Ammo and extended capacity Handgun Mags to IL and Cook County. Didn’t ask about city as I live in suburbs. Just call or message them on social media, if you’d rather not call or don’t have the time to, during normal business hours.

Their deals are ridiculously good! 

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to mention I did have successful shipments to Chicago from Bud's Gun Shop for standard capacity magazines (15 & 17 Rounders) for example.  Bud's emailed me back and said no issues with magazine shipments for standard capacity to Chicago.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 1:52 PM, HelloAll said:

You've had a successful ammo shipment specifically to Chicago? This site is currently on the "lost cause" list on page 1.

I know for a fact that their ordering system is hard-coded to reject anything shipping to a zip code that starts with 606

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I haven't lived in Chicago since 2019, so I'm not actively maintaining this list anymore. Just so you know. My feeling is it should be maintained by someone residing in Chicago who will keep abreast of the "unique" legal situation there as well as other important details (including that Cook County, Chicago and the suburbs are all different from each other as regards ammunition shipments and that this list only deals with Chicago). 

I hope this list has been helpful to folks in Chicago over the years trying to exercise their second amendment rights.

If someone wants to volunteer to maintain it going forward, they should contact the site mods.

On 3/11/2022 at 10:06 PM, McCroskey said:

Hi guys. I haven't lived in Chicago since 2019, so I'm not actively maintaining this list anymore. Just so you know. My feeling is it should be maintained by someone residing in Chicago who will keep abreast of the "unique" legal situation there as well as other important details (including that Cook County, Chicago and the suburbs are all different from each other as regards ammunition shipments and that this list only deals with Chicago). 

I hope this list has been helpful to folks in Chicago over the years trying to exercise their second amendment rights.

If someone wants to volunteer to maintain it going forward, they should contact the site mods.

Thanks for all your hard work, McCroskey.  

ChangeLogg will continue building on the foundations you laid in this new topic.

• mauserme locked this topic
  • mauserme unpinned this topic

Archived