Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

McCroskey

Ammoman declined with this polite response:

Hi Transplant,

Thank you for your interest in AmmoMan.com! While we are aware that there have been many victories in the courts for the second amendment in your state, the leadership in Chicago still has laws on the books that have our legal team perhaps overly cautious. Unfortunately, state pre-emption laws do not prevent persons or businesses from getting caught in legal quagmires if the local power structure insists on upholding (no illegal) laws that are still on the books, even with a state pre-emption. Sadly even gun friendly states like PA and FL have a constant stream of legal battles about just this issue. Sadly in your case our legal team has advised us that until further notice we are going to continue to ship as we are.

The good news is that area gun shops have been more than willing to act as transfer agents for our customers in Chicago, and all we need is a copy of their FFL to ship your orders to them. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time, i appears that our in store policy will be more strict than the actual law of the land.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

Max
AmmoMan.com

Contact us by phone at (856) 767-8835

Ammoman declined with this polite response:

Hi Transplant,

Thank you for your interest in AmmoMan.com! While we are aware that there have been many victories in the courts for the second amendment in your state, the leadership in Chicago still has laws on the books that have our legal team perhaps overly cautious. Unfortunately, state pre-emption laws do not prevent persons or businesses from getting caught in legal quagmires if the local power structure insists on upholding (no illegal) laws that are still on the books, even with a state pre-emption. Sadly even gun friendly states like PA and FL have a constant stream of legal battles about just this issue. Sadly in your case our legal team has advised us that until further notice we are going to continue to ship as we are.

The good news is that area gun shops have been more than willing to act as transfer agents for our customers in Chicago, and all we need is a copy of their FFL to ship your orders to them. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time, i appears that our in store policy will be more strict than the actual law of the land.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

Max

AmmoMan.com

Contact us by phone at (856) 767-8835

Towards the end they admit their willingness to break state law by shipping your ammo order to an an FFL rather than breaking preempted local law.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, has anyone compiled a top 5 list of retailers that are the easiest to use and has the best deals?

What I like to do is use one of the ammo shopping bot websites, like Wikiarms.com

I have the list open in another window, find the best price on Wikiarms for available ammo that I am looking for, then check to see if it's on the list.

What I like to do is use one of the ammo shopping bot websites, like Wikiarms.com

I have the list open in another window, find the best price on Wikiarms for available ammo that I am looking for, then check to see if it's on the list.

Thank you officedrone, I have never heard of Wikiarms, I will give it a shot.

It looks like AmmoMart might have what I am looking for!
Their 9mm Luger Legendary Ammo 115gr RN RM - 1000 Rounds in Re-Usable Ammo Can for $175.00 sounds like a very good deal!

post-16619-0-02957900-1460404021_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So Freedom Munitions wont ship to Chicago?

"ILLINOIS CUSTOMERS:[/size] Must have current copy of FOID card and State Photo Identification, No sales of ammunition and/or magazines to the City of Chicago."[/size]

Confused.....I thought they did? [/size]

I have personally purchased ammo from them and had it shipped to my home in Chicago. One or two of these sites have outdated websites, they might be one of them.

"ILLINOIS CUSTOMERS:[/size] Must have current copy of FOID card and State Photo Identification, No sales of ammunition and/or magazines to the City of Chicago."[/size]

I have personally purchased ammo from them and had it shipped to my home in Chicago. One or two of these sites have outdated websites, they might be one of them.

As have I, many times. Most recently was maybe a month ago with no issues.

I made an order for some .44 from Graf & Sons, provided them with my FOID and ID, and they informed me that it is company policy not to ship to Chicago. I sent them specific sections of stricken text from the city's municipal code and they reiterated that it is company policy not to ship to Chicago. My order was cancelled.

Please remove Graf & Sons from the list.

I made an order for some .44 from Graf & Sons, provided them with my FOID and ID, and they informed me that it is company policy not to ship to Chicago. I sent them specific sections of stricken text from the city's municipal code and they reiterated that it is company policy not to ship to Chicago. My order was cancelled.

Please remove Graf & Sons from the list.

Graf & Sons removed. I added them to the Lost Causes list. Anyone with a company policy like that is pretty much hopeless as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know if this matters to anyone, but Target Sports USA only does free shipping for bulk ammo purchases via FedEx. I have a FedEx account and there is no option to have it held at the hub. I ordered two cases and I'm now dealing with Fedex for delivery schedule. I switched to a delivery window of my choice and paid $10 for the privilege, but somehow only one of the two packages got changed to the delivery window. The other just got dropped off and the other will come later.

I'm going to stick with vendors who ship via UPS as there is no issue getting stuff held at the hub.

Just an FYI

I don't know if this matters to anyone, but Target Sports USA only does free shipping for bulk ammo purchases via FedEx. I have a FedEx account and there is no option to have it held at the hub. I ordered two cases and I'm now dealing with Fedex for delivery schedule. I switched to a delivery window of my choice and paid $10 for the privilege, but somehow only one of the two packages got changed to the delivery window. The other just got dropped off and the other will come later.

I'm going to stick with vendors who ship via UPS as there is no issue getting stuff held at the hub.

Just an FYI

Marie, not sure if there's a FedEx Office near you (used to be Kinkos) but they'll deliver and hold there for you to pick up. I've done that before as there's one near my apartment. I couldn't figure out how to request that in the account, so wound up calling them instead. They were very helpful on the phone.

Holding elsewhere (hub or FedexOffice) wasn't an option at all. I'll remember about calling next time. Prices were very good, free shipping, and no IL tax a bonus!

ETA: unsure if FedexOffice will hold ammo. I've read mixed info about that online.

When I went to pick it up they had a sign on the counter saying they won't hold "dangerous or explosive" items, but I had no trouble getting my box o fun from them. But I had called FexEd directly, so maybe at that point they had no choice.

Just confirming that Freedom Munitions will sell and ship to Chicago addresses - got my latest delivery yesterday (4/29/2016). Once they take your online order, you'll get an email from the sales department asking you to upload your driver's license and your FOID to your account info.

Sounds great... just placed an order, received a order number and sent a copy of DL and FOID. Their offices are closed on the weekend so I will hope to get a full order confirmation of a shipment to Chicago. Prices on target 9mm and .380 not bad. Glad I saw your post.

• 2 weeks later...

05/14 - I Ordered 500 rounds .380 and 500 rounds 9mm on 04/30 and received a nice package yesterday - I live in downtown Chicago. Delivered by UPS. Good prices and friendly staff. Will order from them again. They do ship to Chicago... my zip code 60610.

• 3 weeks later...

As a new 2amendment right gun owner and the June 1st 2016 Cook County per bullet tax, I decided to look for other resources. I found this blog interesting and informative. So, I decided to look for ammunition and found that Freedom Munitions will not ship to Chicago. This statement is from there web site. ILLINOIS CUSTOMERS: Must have current copy of FOID card and State Photo Identification, No sales of ammunition and/or magazines to the City of Chicago.

Yes, their website needs to be updated. I received an order about two weeks ago from them. I've ordered a lot over the last year or two and have only had two issues. One was they didn't have the reman .38 that I ordered so they wanted to know if I would accept new instead (for the same price), and the other was when they changed their system or something a month or two ago and I needed to resubmit my IDs. The shipping time varies depending on what I'm ordering. If I want .38 or .357 it usually takes a bit longer, but they have a note on their website about this so I wasn't expecting to receive anything within a week. It still came within about two.

Yes, their website needs to be updated. I received an order about two weeks ago from them. I've ordered a lot over the last year or two and have only had two issues. One was they didn't have the reman .38 that I ordered so they wanted to know if I would accept new instead (for the same price), and the other was when they changed their system or something a month or two ago and I needed to resubmit my IDs. The shipping time varies depending on what I'm ordering. If I want .38 or .357 it usually takes a bit longer, but they have a note on their website about this so I wasn't expecting to receive anything within a week. It still came within about two.

I placed an order now waiting for delivery. Appreciate the feedback

• mauserme locked this topic
  • mauserme unpinned this topic

Archived