Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

McCroskey

Please add Kentucky Gun Co, case delivered this week.

https://www.kygunco.com/

They used to be on the list. I had ordered ammo several times from them in the past and commented on this thread. They were added on the list after that but then disappeared for some reason.

You can read about why they were removed here: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54598&page=12&do=findComment&comment=1073407

The wishy washy inconsistent ones are even more frustrating than the ones who simply say no because you never know what you're getting with them. One person will have no problems, then someone else places an order and has their time wasted. We really need for this list to be as accurate as possible and folks become understandably upset when they place an order through someone on this list and have their order refused or canceled. So it's probably best to leave them off.

Thanks for the info on the background of that. The post you referenced is from Feb 2017, so 4 years ago. And based on my experience of getting ammo from them within the last week, it seems KY Gun Co has changed their policy to allow shipping to Chicago. Before placing my order with them I reviewed their FAQ and shipping policy and any other restriction policy to make sure that Chicago/Crook was not listed as a will not ship, and I couldn't find anything, so I placed the order. It went through just fine, and they emailed me the next day asking for a copy of my FOID card.

Maybe we can modify the list to be a Yes/Maybe/No type of list, with the "Maybe" list having some sort of caveat, *may or may not ship, some users have had success, others denied, order at your own risk*. Or simply add this next to the seller name.

But as of December 2020, KY Gun Co did indeed ship ammo to Chicago. And are pretty good with flat rate shipping being only $11.99. I even called them days later after I placed my order, but before it had shipped, and asked them to add some other items to the order since I had already paid for the flat rate shipping, and they kindly added some flashlights to my order for me, that way I didn't have to place a new order and pay for another shipping charge. Good experience with KY Gun Co!

Thanks for the info on the background of that. The post you referenced is from Feb 2017, so 4 years ago. And based on my experience of getting ammo from them within the last week, it seems KY Gun Co has changed their policy to allow shipping to Chicago. Before placing my order with them I reviewed their FAQ and shipping policy and any other restriction policy to make sure that Chicago/Crook was not listed as a will not ship, and I couldn't find anything, so I placed the order. It went through just fine, and they emailed me the next day asking for a copy of my FOID card.

Maybe we can modify the list to be a Yes/Maybe/No type of list, with the "Maybe" list having some sort of caveat, *may or may not ship, some users have had success, others denied, order at your own risk*. Or simply add this next to the seller name.

But as of December 2020, KY Gun Co did indeed ship ammo to Chicago. And are pretty good with flat rate shipping being only $11.99. I even called them days later after I placed my order, but before it had shipped, and asked them to add some other items to the order since I had already paid for the flat rate shipping, and they kindly added some flashlights to my order for me, that way I didn't have to place a new order and pay for another shipping charge. Good experience with KY Gun Co!

The post that originally said they were GTG was from 2015. I really don't want to get into this thing with repeatedly adding and then removing vendors whenever someone either is successful or has an issue, because that defeats the purpose of having the most accurate list.

If it's really important to people have this or another particular vendor on the OK list, someone needs to contact them and get them to commit once and for all that they will ship ammo to Chicago. So then, the next time an employee there denies someone's purchase, that communication can be provided back to them.

Another possibility is that someone else take ownership of updating this list going forward. I actually don't live in the City of Chicago anymore and I'm just maintaining this now as a helpful service to other Chicago residents. If someone would like to do that, please let me know and I'll ask the admins to transfer ownership.

You can read about why they were removed here: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54598&page=12&do=findComment&comment=1073407

The wishy washy inconsistent ones are even more frustrating than the ones who simply say no because you never know what you're getting with them. One person will have no problems, then someone else places an order and has their time wasted. We really need for this list to be as accurate as possible and folks become understandably upset when they place an order through someone on this list and have their order refused or canceled. So it's probably best to leave them off.

Given the thread title, "Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago", I agree that the list should offer a reasonable guarantee of a successful order. Otherwise people end up fishing around for info like they were before.

Given the thread title, "Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago", I agree that the list should offer a reasonable guarantee of a successful order. Otherwise people end up fishing around for info like they were before.

Right, hence the disclaimer directly after the site name stating that they're a maybe. Especially now, if it helps someone get ammo at a deal price, it's worth mentioning in my opinion. Or we can just have another list for the maybes/try at your own risk. Or don't do either, up to you, I won't lose sleep over it, but figured it at least helps someone.

Yeah, a bunch of vendors still think it's illegal to ship ammo directly to Chicago residents regardless of anything you show them. Their comment you posted doesn't even apply to Chicago, because of home rule. The vendors can't show you where the law is, they just say it is not allowed. I have learned the hard way there's no point at all in arguing with them, unless you enjoy wasting your time. I accept they have a right to operate their company in whatever bizarre, paranoid manner they like and forget about them. Fortunately, we have many friendly, knowledgeable vendors to legally sell ammo to Chicagoans.

.... The vendors can't show you where the law is, they just say it is not allowed. I have learned the hard way there's no point at all in arguing with them, unless you enjoy wasting your time. ...

"The vendors" with whom you would argue are essentially the customer service department, which does not set company policy. The lawyers and executives (i.e., the people who actually run the companies) set company policy.

The irony would be (and I haven't ever checked this) if there are companies that refuse to ship ammo to Chicago residents, but rush to sell magazines to California residents every time the CA mag ban is suspended.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased 500 rounds of .32acp from ammoshoponline.com and the order was shipped today to my 60609 address so you can add them to the list.

Also its a shame that the vendors with the cheapest prices are the ones with dumb company policies that restrict ammo shipments to chicago.

That's awesome. I'm going to add them to my list that I have yet to create. lol....so no issues at all, then? As for the vendors with the cheapest prices, I'd be interested if those vendors who you discover to give hard times to ship to Chicago would be willing to ship to Indiana or Kenosha, Wisconsin. Preferably Indiana. May I ask which vendors might you have come across?

Thanks so much.

I purchased 500 rounds of .32acp from ammoshoponline.com and the order was shipped today to my 60609 address so you can add them to the list.

Also its a shame that the vendors with the cheapest prices are the ones with dumb company policies that restrict ammo shipments to chicago.

That's awesome. I'm going to add them to my list that I have yet to create. lol....so no issues at all, then? As for the vendors with the cheapest prices, I'd be interested if those vendors who you discover to give hard times to ship to Chicago would be willing to ship to Indiana or Kenosha, Wisconsin. Preferably Indiana. May I ask which vendors might you have come across?

Thanks so much.

It would be better to keep this thread focused on Chicago friendly vendors, but you can start another thread for those other areas if you like.

Thanks so much.

It would be better to keep this thread focused on Chicago friendly vendors, but you can start another thread for those other areas if you like.

I don't know how to delete my comment as to prevent anyone else being tempted to expound on my comment with a runaway list.

Thank you! I'll add them to the list.

Super Vel will now ship to Chicago. I tried to place an order and when trying to check out, I got the 'we do not ship to your location' message. I emailed them and explained the whole deal, and it was very well received. They were happy to ship to me. It took them a day or two to get it up the chain and cleared on their side internally, and the ammo I wanted sold out while he was getting everything set up, but he was kind enough to pull what I wanted to the side and saved it for me while they got everything set up internally. Once I sent him my FOID and everything cleared on their end, they shipped it out. Their SCHP is one of the best self defense rounds on the planet.

They also do not price gouge and their ammo prices are the same that they have always been. It sells out quick, but if you join their email newsletter, they periodically send out emails a few days before and give everyone the heads up that ammo will be available for sale on X date at X time. Simply set a calendar reminder or alert on your phone for when the sale drops, and you're good to go to.

I don't know how to delete my comment as to prevent anyone else being tempted to expound on my comment with a runaway list.

As a supporting member you can edit your post. Cant delete it but can modify or delete the content.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?app=subscriptions

That's awesome....I did not know the site had a subscription option. I clicked on your link to learn what benefits come with it since you said supporting members could edit their posts. I did not see any content describing what perks came with it. Should I be looking somewhere else on the site? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I have had success with:

Just thought I'd share.

I have had the same nonsense exchanges mentioned above with Midway (will only ship to an FFL), Dollar Ammo, and a few others.

BTW: I know that Click Click Boom's website they will not ship to 606xx zip codes, but they sent me shot shells (with a FOID submission) three separate times in the last 12 months. They've just gotten really pricey in the last 6 months or so... :-(

I have had success with:

Just thought I'd share.

I have had the same nonsense exchanges mentioned above with Midway (will only ship to an FFL), Dollar Ammo, and a few others.

BTW: I know that Click Click Boom's website they will not ship to 606xx zip codes, but they sent me shot shells (with a FOID submission) three separate times in the last 12 months. They've just gotten really pricey in the last 6 months or so... :-(

Thank you

Super Vel will now ship to Chicago. I tried to place an order and when trying to check out, I got the 'we do not ship to your location' message. I emailed them and explained the whole deal, and it was very well received. They were happy to ship to me. It took them a day or two to get it up the chain and cleared on their side internally, and the ammo I wanted sold out while he was getting everything set up, but he was kind enough to pull what I wanted to the side and saved it for me while they got everything set up internally. Once I sent him my FOID and everything cleared on their end, they shipped it out. Their SCHP is one of the best self defense rounds on the planet.

They also do not price gouge and their ammo prices are the same that they have always been. It sells out quick, but if you join their email newsletter, they periodically send out emails a few days before and give everyone the heads up that ammo will be available for sale on X date at X time. Simply set a calendar reminder or alert on your phone for when the sale drops, and you're good to go to.

Hello Jawman,

Thanks again for sharing this post. I just visited the site, Super Vel, and I put myself on one of their waiting lists for range-ammo. You mentioned that they "now ship" to Chicago after you've sorted it out by emailing them to explain the whole deal. Does this mean now that ordering from them will not produce the "We do not ship to your location" anymore? Or do you think they might've merely accepted shipping to you and, thereby, requiring that anyone else from Chicago also go through the same ordeal you went through? If the latter, may I kindly ask what type of email you produced that sorted it out and got them to cooperate easily so I may duplicate your success?

Thanks so much.

Well the first few times as they were getting their system set up to allow Chicago, it wasn't working so I had to email them separately for a few orders. But now the checkout process works fine. Make an account on their site, and email them (support@supervelammunition.com) a picture of your FOID and Driver's License or other State ID and they will put it on file with your account. I actually just placed an order yesterday, and an order last week, both went though seamlessly.

You'll also get this question on the checkout page:

IqpUszc.png

Well the first few times as they were getting their system set up to allow Chicago, it wasn't working so I had to email them separately for a few orders. But now the checkout process works fine. Make an account on their site, and email them (support@supervelammunition.com) a picture of your FOID and Driver's License or other State ID and they will put it on file with your account. I actually just placed an order yesterday, and an order last week, both went though seamlessly.

You'll also get this question on the checkout page:

IqpUszc.png

You rock, man....thank you. I did see their instruction on their checkout for submitting the FOID, but I was not sure if that language pertained to residents in Illinois but outside the city limits of Chicago which....you know Chicago....you never know with people thinking Chicago is its own territory. This is good to know...thank you so much.

No problem! Super Vel is great. I've had an outstanding experience with them, and their customer service is top notch. On a recent order I wanted to add one of their patches so I could rep them on my range bag and I forgot to add it to my cart. I emailed them and asked them to charge me for it or simply draw up a custom invoice so I could pay for it, but they said don't worry we'll just include it in your shipment for free. I know patches aren't expensive, but still cool of them to do that. Beyond that, every customer service interaction I've had with them has been great. They're good people. Also, their 115 +P SCHP is one of the best defensive 9mm rounds on the planet. There's a few videos on YouTube testing this out, it's spectacular.

No problem! Super Vel is great. I've had an outstanding experience with them, and their customer service is top notch. On a recent order I wanted to add one of their patches so I could rep them on my range bag and I forgot to add it to my cart. I emailed them and asked them to charge me for it or simply draw up a custom invoice so I could pay for it, but they said don't worry we'll just include it in your shipment for free. I know patches aren't expensive, but still cool of them to do that. Beyond that, every customer service interaction I've had with them has been great. They're good people. Also, their 115 +P SCHP is one of the best defensive 9mm rounds on the planet. There's a few videos on YouTube testing this out, it's spectacular.

You got me looking at the videos, now! Thanks for making my morning "fun". :)

Please add Kentucky Gun Co, case delivered this week.

https://www.kygunco.com/

Hello again and to all,

I am trying to create an online account with KY Gun Co. Upon doing so, it's registration form has an asterisk next to Company Name, of which I do not have one. For those ordering from here, are you checking out as Guest or did you sign up? If the latter, did you put down a Company Name?

Thanks.

Archived