Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

McCroskey

Corrected link is as follows:

http://library.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Illinois/chicago_il/municipalcodeofchicago?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:chicago_il

I forwarded that on to MidSouth, and will let everyone know if/when they respond. What can we do about Lucky Gunner spreading this misinformation, and why would other companies be using them as a legal source instead of just looking up the current municipal code, which is pretty easy to do?

I live in the suburbs of cook and lucky gunner sold me 1k rounds of 9mm blazer brass delivered to my door

That's not the City of Chicago.

They have not responded to the information that I have provided them after almost two weeks and a follow up email, so I'd take them off the list of companies who will sell to the city.

I live in the suburbs of cook and lucky gunner sold me 1k rounds of 9mm blazer brass delivered to my door

They have not responded to the information that I have provided them after almost two weeks and a follow up email, so I'd take them off the list of companies who will sell to the city.

Lucky Gunner is on the list of Lost Causes (down below the list of confirmed shippers). They wouldn't listen to me or even to Valinda, so as far as I'm concerned there's really no more point in trying.

Lucky Gunner is on the list of Lost Causes (down below the list of confirmed shippers). They wouldn't listen to me or even to Valinda, so as far as I'm concerned there's really no more point in trying.

Sorry, I quoted wrong, I wasn't trying to deal with Lucky Gunner, but MidSouth Shooters.

I am a competition shooter and live in Bridgeport. I can confirm that Atlantaarms.com and evergladesammo.com are two places that ship ammo right to my door. There are very few places that sell major power 9mm for competition but thankfully, these two ship to my door. they also sell regular minor power ammo also.

Targetsportsusa is my goto for everything else shipped right to my door.

I don't think that Bridgeport is a Chicago area code?
​What say you all?

I am a competition shooter and live in Bridgeport. I can confirm that Atlantaarms.com and evergladesammo.com are two places that ship ammo right to my door. There are very few places that sell major power 9mm for competition but thankfully, these two ship to my door. they also sell regular minor power ammo also.

I don't think that Bridgeport is a Chicago area code?

​What say you all?

ChicagoRay... I just gotta ask, how long have you lived in Chicago? I think you might need to bone up on all things Chicagoistical to justify your screen name!

Bridgeport is a neighborhood smack in the geographical center of Chicago.

Home of numerous mayors, including the Daley family.

Kinda near Sox Park.

Target Sports is also my go to shop. They deliver to my door in Old Irving Park, another Chicago neighborhood.

Funny what ya learn here that ya didn't know before...

As far as I can tell from their website, Ammunition Depot, located in FL, also DOES NOT sell ammo to Chicago or Cook County, but does to other IL residents with a FOID -> https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/content/9-shipping-and-returns. I didn't check to see if their policy changed, but that's what is on their website as of today.

I can confirm that Ammuniton Depot still has a hard policy of not shipping to anyone in Cook County (let alone Chicago). They will only ship to an FFL dealer (I was told this directly by their customer service rep via email). As such I would like to recommend they be put on the "Lost Cause" list. Frankly speaking, in my view any company that does not care about what is and isn't a law/ordinance doesn't want our (Chicago and greater Cook County residents) business.

I guess it depends on whether they mean the Bridgeport neighborhood in Chicago or the town Bridgeport in southeast Illinois. Targetsportsusa so far doesn't care and ships to Chicago as others have reported.

It could be Bridgeport, CT... unless used in the context of a thread specifically dedicated to on-line ammo sales in Chicago!

You guys are funny. Yes. I meant Bridgeport the neighborhood. Just south of Chinatown and in between Armour square and Mckinley park, and back of the yards. Right in the middle of the city and basically where shootings often happen.

Targetsportsusa ships right to my door as I have already indicated. For my other specialty ammo, Atlantaarms and evergladesammo also ships to my door with adult signature. I used to get ammo only when it’s on sale at cabelas Hammond but why drive there when I’ve found places that ship right to my door?!

• 2 months later...

I'm looking to buy bulk 9mm (ideally 147 grain, but I'd get 124 or 115 grain if priced right). I can walk into a big box store right now and buy 100 rounds of brass-cased 115gr for around .16 each (plus tax). Is there anyone out there who can beat that right now (free shipping, specials, etc)? Shipping would (obviously) be to a 606 zip.

I'm looking to buy bulk 9mm (ideally 147 grain, but I'd get 124 or 115 grain if priced right). I can walk into a big box store right now and buy 100 rounds of brass-cased 115gr for around .16 each (plus tax). Is there anyone out there who can beat that right now (free shipping, specials, etc)? Shipping would (obviously) be to a 606 zip.

I usually check out wikiarms and then check it against our vendor list to see who is GTG.

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/9mm

If you see a price you like and the vendor isn't on our list you can also check their website for shipping policy and if they don't say they won't ship to Chicago you can always give them a try and see what happens. Worst case scenario is they refund your money or deny the transaction. I've found a couple good vendors that way. If you do find someone good, please let us know so I can update the list.

Target Sports ships to Chicago

Here's the cheaper stuff...

If you join Prime Ammo you save a little bit more, they send you a gift near the end of your annual membership and shipping is always free no matter how small your order is. Good deal if you buy lots of ammo.

I like the Speer Lawman 124 and 147 which runs around .20 per.

• 2 weeks later...

Target Sports ships to Chicago

Here's the cheaper stuff...

If you join Prime Ammo you save a little bit more, they send you a gift near the end of your annual membership and shipping is always free no matter how small your order is. Good deal if you buy lots of ammo.

I like the Speer Lawman 124 and 147 which runs around .20 per.

Thanks a lot! That place looks like a winner.

I usually check out wikiarms and then check it against our vendor list to see who is GTG.

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/9mm

If you see a price you like and the vendor isn't on our list you can also check their website for shipping policy and if they don't say they won't ship to Chicago you can always give them a try and see what happens. Worst case scenario is they refund your money or deny the transaction. I've found a couple good vendors that way. If you do find someone good, please let us know so I can update the list.

Thanks! Good info for shopping around.

Was thinking of maybe trying Target Sports out for my next purchase (after browsing their site I almost wonder how much of a markup most brick-and-mortar stores are using). They asked for my FOID when I created my account (which I uploaded), do they only need the front side of the permit/do they need your DL as well or anything else? Also, do you need to be physically home when they deliver or can it be held somewhere if you're not home (like a secure access locker or FedEx/UPS store/pickup location)?

Was thinking of maybe trying Target Sports out for my next purchase (after browsing their site I almost wonder how much of a markup most brick-and-mortar stores are using). They asked for my FOID when I created my account (which I uploaded), do they only need the front side of the permit/do they need your DL as well or anything else? Also, do you need to be physically home when they deliver or can it be held somewhere if you're not home (like a secure access locker or FedEx/UPS store/pickup location)?

I believe they just need the FOID front and back. If they want anything else they will ask.

Technically FedEx and UPS stores aren't supposed to hold ammo or similar, but I've done it a few times and not heard any complaint from FedEx or UPS about it. If you're not home they may leave a notice asking you to go get it from the distribution center or request redelivery.

FedEx has left on my front stoop a few times. Only once was anything taken and it was 1000 rounds of Thunderbolt 22lr that was returned opened, but with nothing missing, the next day. I guess not even package thieves want that stuff. I found out why when I shot it.

Archived