Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

McCroskey

Yes I did ask the lady who helped me on the phone and she said that they will ship to Chicago with no issues. I was told as long as your FOID card is valid you are okay with them

Yes I did ask the lady who helped me on the phone and she said that they will ship to Chicago with no issues.

CORRECTION it was https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

BellaBooBoo13, I just checked out Mid South Shooters, sadly they charge for shipping, which can be quite expensive.

I’ll stick to Target Sports USA, they have free shipping on ammo.

I know shipping is a bummer......I take it Target Sports USA will ship to Chicago?

Yes.

They ship to Chicago.

Free shipping if you order 1000 rounds (not sure if you can combine types).

Free shipping and extra discounts if you join the ammo club for $100 or so.

Delivery guy left my last box on the bottom step of my porch.

• 3 weeks later...

Target USA has a free discrete packaging option, which is awesome.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but it's good to know if you plan on purchasing from MidwestUSA, especially if you live in an apartment. Ordered 450 rounds of IMI 5.56 from them last week, the package had four large bullet logos on it.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but it's good to know if you plan on purchasing from MidwestUSA, especially if you live in an apartment. Ordered 450 rounds of IMI 5.56 from them last week, the package had four large bullet logos on it.

Correction: MidwayUSA not midwest

I received a discrete package just yesterday. The FedEx guy commented that it was heavy. This time I paid the extra $4.51 to require an adult signature upon delivery, so no more ammo left on the porch all day!

MidwayUSA does not ship ammunition to Chicago.

MidwayUSA does not ship ammunition to Chicago.

i live in Chicago and they shipped to me last week.

I tried placing a 'test' order with MidwayUSA and got this response:

"Order Contains Restricted Products:

Magtech Sport Ammunition 9mm Luger 124 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of 50.

These products cannot be included with your order due to the following:

City law restricts the sale of certain handgun ammunition to Chicago residents.

This includes 22 Short, Long, Long Rifle and Magnum, 25 ACP, 380 ACP, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 9mm Luger and 45 ACP."

They did not offer to accept a FOID nor did I bother to call. However, on my account page there is a provision for uploading licenses and other documents which might override the above restriction.

This includes 22 Short, Long, Long Rifle and Magnum, 25 ACP, 380 ACP, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 9mm Luger and 45 ACP."

They did not offer to accept a FOID nor did I bother to call. However, on my account page there is a provision for uploading licenses and other documents which might override the above restriction.

Thats weird. I did have to upload my FOID and DL before they confirmed shipping, but no problem ordered 55 grain IMI 5.56

So, they should be able to cite the correct ordinance number out of the muni code, right? /s

LOL so basically all of the most common handgun ammo!

I successfully ordered .32 S&W Long from them about 3 years ago. Then when I tried to order 9mm Makarov a month later they refused the sale. It's true that some people from time to time manage to get ammo out of them, but they're very inconsistent. It seems to depend on whichever rep is processing the order. I tried to get it straightened out with the owners and sent copies of city ordinance and the state CCW law, and received no response from them whatsoever. My estimation is they're too big to care about one city.

If some of you have success with them then good, but be prepared for when someone there eventually refuses the sale and gives varying excuses.

LOL so basically all of the most common handgun ammo!

Wow that crap again! Chicago used to have an ordinance that banned most handgun calibers, back when they had a handgun ban. Law dates back to the early 1980s. That's what this refers to, notice that handgun calibers developed since then like .40 S&W and .357 Sig are not on the list.

That law went away years ago, yet here's Midway still quoting it lol. They truly are a lost cause.

Or maybe MidwayUSA has changed policy? I notice that now they also accept an Illinois CCL in addition to a FOID card. I updated my information to them and for the first time ever I am able to put ammo in my cart without the popup that my location is restricted (yes a Chicago 606XX address). I'm as far as "place order" but as I'm about to leave town for a few weeks I don't want to actually place the order.

Maybe someone else in Chicago can try to confirm capotwosix's experience was no fluke?

Or maybe MidwayUSA has changed policy? I notice that now they also accept an Illinois CCL in addition to a FOID card. I updated my information to them and for the first time ever I am able to put ammo in my cart without the popup that my location is restricted (yes a Chicago 606XX address). I'm as far as "place order" but as I'm about to leave town for a few weeks I don't want to actually place the order.

Maybe someone else in Chicago can try to confirm capotwosix's experience was no fluke?

I checked with Midway and they told me NO they would not ship to me....I am 60634 and I work in 60077 and they would ship to neither.

When I need ammo in a hurry I buy from https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

When I need ammo and can wait for a few days I buy from https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ (this place had free shipping) they claim on their website that they ship 99% of their orders out in one day; I guess mine was the 1% that did not ship for days. I think it took like one week for me to get it.

... When I need ammo and can wait for a few days I buy from https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ (this place had free shipping) they claim on their website that they ship 99% of their orders out in one day; I guess mine was the 1% that did not ship for days. I think it took like one week for me to get it.

I'm also in their 1%, then. They say they're moving to a new warehouse, so orders currently ship in 3-5 days. Today is my 5th day without a shipment notification. Well, I'm not in a hurry.

I checked with Midway and they told me NO they would not ship to me....I am 60634 and I work in 60077 and they would ship to neither.

When I need ammo and can wait for a few days I buy from https://www.targetsportsusa.com/ (this place had free shipping) they claim on their website that they ship 99% of their orders out in one day; I guess mine was the 1% that did not ship for days. I think it took like one week for me to get it.

I didn't try to order any pistol ammo, only 5.56... maybe that's why they shipped it? Zip code was 60631

Received 500 rounds of 9mm from https://angelfireammo.com/

Request copy of foid

Great prices, cheapest 147 grain I found.

So just to confirm: you ordered 9mm from them, they shipped with FOID and you live within the city of Chicago (not a surrounding suburb or municipality)?

Received 500 rounds of 9mm from https://angelfireammo.com/

Request copy of foid

Great prices, cheapest 147 grain I found.

So just to confirm: you ordered 9mm from them, they shipped with FOID and you live within the city of Chicago (not a surrounding suburb or municipality)?

I ordered, they sent me an email asking for a picture or pdf of FOID. They said if my FOID doesn't match my shipping address they need government issued ID as well. In Chicago, Cook. I received the order.

I have to admit, it's depressing that online retailers have volunteered to not ship ammo to chicago even though there's no law to support that stance. Like, that's seriously amazing and seriously depressing at the same time. It's unfathomable that this is even taking place.

... I have to admit, it's depressing that online retailers have volunteered to not ship ammo to chicago even though there's no law to support that stance. ... It's unfathomable that this is even taking place.

They don't want to get jammed up for doing something they shouldn't, even though ultimately it's supposed to be the recipient (you) who's responsible for complying with the law. Rather than try to understand the details of Chicago's municipal code, they just decide it's easier for them not to deal with it.

If state preemption gets repealed and different cities and counties pass different laws on what's banned, I'd expect a lot of vendors will decide not to ship anything to anywhere in Illinois rather than try to figure out the patchwork. The anti-2As will shed no tears.

• 3 weeks later...
Freedom Munitions- didn't see them mentioned in the thread, sorry if I missed it- used to ship to Chicago but no longer does apparently, which is annoying. I liked their ammo but not enough to go to a gun show for it.

I’d never use them Again. Worst experience with online ordering and I don’t even live in Chicago.

Took 3 weeks to ship. Then it was short 200 rounds. It’ll be another 2 weeks now till I see the ammo they owed me. Only reason I even received s tracking number is I hounded them a week after they said they would take care of it. I have the number but it hasn’t left their facility. Horrible pathetic customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Midway won't ship to me either but Brownells will. They accepted my FOID info and canceled my order later that day.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I did not see Bud's Gun Shop in the updated list, but FWIW they shipped shotgun ammo to me here in the Chicago city limits, zip 606xx. I sent them FOID and DL.

I'm hesitant to add them as a dependable seller of ammo to Chicago as they've previously been really adamant about not sending anything here. If someone can get in touch with them and confirm they are good to go on shipping all ammo (except 50 BMG and AP) to people directly in the City of Chicago (not to an FFL, not to another address outside the city, etc.), then ok.

Add https://www.midamericamunitions.comthey also deliver to Chicago and it's surrounding. They're known for their 300 blackout frangible ammo. They have great customer service. My go to for all my ammo!

Thank you, added.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I can tell from their website, Ammunition Depot, located in FL, also DOES NOT sell ammo to Chicago or Cook County, but does to other IL residents with a FOID -> https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/content/9-shipping-and-returns. I didn't check to see if their policy changed, but that's what is on their website as of today.

• mauserme locked this topic
  • mauserme unpinned this topic

Archived