Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

McCroskey

The Freedom Munitions thing is very unfortunate. Another vendor who has wasted our time.

Another member here went out of their way to contact them, explain the situation, and received confirmation they would begin shipping to Chicago. I just received my last shipment from them last week. However, it sounds like they've changed their minds again.

Rather than waste time, I'll remove them from the list. If someone wants to go through explaining the situation here to someone there who is in a position to actually write company policy, feel free. However, there are many other options available to us.

The Freedom Munitions thing is very unfortunate. Another vendor who has wasted our time.

Another member here went out of their way to contact them, explain the situation, and received confirmation they would begin shipping to Chicago. I just received my last shipment from them last week. However, it sounds like they've changed their minds again.

Rather than waste time, I'll remove them from the list. If someone wants to go through explaining the situation here to someone there who is in a position to actually write company policy, feel free. However, there are many other options available to us.

I just sent an email expressing my disappointment in their recent decision to no longer ship to Chicago (I'm actually getting what I guess will be my last shipment in several days). Not expecting it to amount to anything since I guess they're doing well enough without Chicago business but I felt better having vented somewhat. I don't understand the decision especially seeing that I've been doing business with them for almost two years.

I just sent an email expressing my disappointment in their recent decision to no longer ship to Chicago (I'm actually getting what I guess will be my last shipment in several days). Not expecting it to amount to anything since I guess they're doing well enough without Chicago business but I felt better having vented somewhat. I don't understand the decision especially seeing that I've been doing business with them for almost two years.
Remember to ask them if they will ship to an order for you to an FFL instead of to the address on your FOID or ID? If they respond with a yes tell them that they just admitted that they are willing break a state law that requires ammo to be shipped only to the adress on FOID card or ID and you are conaidering reporting their willingness to break state law to the proper authorities.

well placed a order with ammomart.com cost a 100.00 more but they will ship it to me :) , bought from them before and no problems

and shipped today!!! :) NO emails of it being cancled and no Problems

http://ammomart.com/Content/Images/AmmoMartDiamondPlate-small.jpg http://ammomart.com/Content/Images/RealFirepowerOnline-small.jpg

Your order has been shipped.

Thanks for choosing AmmoMart for your ammunition needs. Your order has been shipped, and should arrive shortly. See below for details.

Order Number: #

Shipped on 7/19/2016 using UPS Ground:

Note: This email address was provided on our registration page. If you own the email and did not register on our site, please send an email to info@ammomart.com.

well placed a order with ammomart.com cost a 100.00 more but they will ship it to me :) , bought from them before and no problems

http://ammomart.com/Content/Images/AmmoMartDiamondPlate-small.jpg

http://ammomart.com/Content/Images/RealFirepowerOnline-small.jpg

Thanks for choosing AmmoMart for your ammunition needs. Your order has been shipped, and should arrive shortly. See below for details.

Note: This email address was provided on our registration page. If you own the email and did not register on our site, please send an email to info@ammomart.com.

Off topic, but how are you liking your Sig Sauer 716? And what ammo brands have you had luck with in it?

http://ammomart.com/Content/Images/AmmoMartDiamondPlate-small.jpg

http://ammomart.com/Content/Images/RealFirepowerOnline-small.jpg

Off topic, but how are you liking your Sig Sauer 716? And what ammo brands have you had luck with in it?

Loving it great firearm

Are online ammo purchase records stored

It depends on what you mean by stored. All businesses maintain sales records for accounting purposes, and if you pay with a credit card or a check that info is stored as well (and encrypted).

I can say AmmoMan will ship to me in Alsip so that could potentially be added to the list. They have fair prices and anything over $99 is free shipping. I am going to order 5.56 ammo from them tomorrow just to confirm they ship that. I order 9MM from the all the time. I cant say for cretin that they will ship directly to the city of Chicago though.

I can say AmmoMan will ship to me in Alsip so that could potentially be added to the list. I cant say for cretin that they will ship directly to the city of Chicago though.

Rebel1CSA. this thread is about shipping to Chicago, Alsip is not Chicago.

Big difference.

Alsip is part of Cook County. Chicago is part of Cook County. Not so big difference.

No, Chicago Ray is correct. Alsip makes no difference here.

Chicago has historically had specific orinances that vendors claimed banned mail order ammo. Cook County had no part of that. The legal stuff is a lot more complicated. If someone wants to start a Cook County thread feel free. This thread is about the City of Chicago only.

I do appreciate Rebel1CSA's heart being in the right place, but this is complex enough without trying to explain home rule and the different ordinances the city has.

At the present, Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore is not shipping to Chicago

I have ordered from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore on several occasions without a hitch. I placed an order on 8/6/16 and updated my FOID information. On 8/8/16, I received an e-mail indicating "at this time we cannot ship ammo to Chicago. Is there another address we can send this to? I called customer service regarding this matter. The response was this just changed in the last couple of weeks. The last shipment I received from SOSS was 7/26/2016. I asked was this Sportsman' decision or a change in the law. She indicated she was not sure where the decision came from, but she believed this was coming across the board.

I have ordered from Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore on several occasions without a hitch. I placed an order on 8/6/16 and updated my FOID information. On 8/8/16, I received an e-mail indicating "at this time we cannot ship ammo to Chicago. Is there another address we can send this to? I called customer service regarding this matter. The response was this just changed in the last couple of weeks. The last shipment I received from SOSS was 7/26/2016. I asked was this Sportsman' decision or a change in the law. She indicated she was not sure where the decision came from, but she believed this was coming across the board.

Thank you for the update.

Could this possibly be due to the recent ammo tax that took effect?

Are businesses refusing to ship to Chicago / Cook County because maybe they think they would have to charge customers that tax, and are refusing to do so?

I just don't see why more than one business has recently changed their policies and no longer ship to Chicago / Cook County...

did not see them on the list maybe i just missed it but Ammunition Supply Company sent email said my order was shipped with tracking number and its on its way!!!! don't know if i slipped thought the cracks but they shipped to Chicago

Hello Dishjockey_1,

Your order been processed and is ready to ship. Depending on volumes, it may take 24 to 48 hours before your tracking link is sent or becomes live: (Order#: 000000 placed on 8/7/2016)

• To track your package visit the following link
  • Here are your Tracking Numbers:

Carrier Tracking Number Date Shipped 00000000000000000
  • You may also use the preceding link to review your order details or print an invoice

Thanks again for shopping at Ammunition Supply Company!
Visit us anytime at ammunitionsupplycompany.com/

I am so frustrated. I do know plenty of dealers ship. But I chose one. Sportsmans outdoor superstore. They just shipped me an order not less than a month ago. Then I get an email that says due to a new law they can't. That the manager just sent an email and he says it's illegal. She then referenced a-20-100. Said that it made it illegal.

I went through the trouble to do all the dumb foid on file stuff. Now I'm in a training and can't scan stuff. And need ammo. It is Chicago after all.

Will one of you folks who has a moment, or all of you, correct this guy and company? Ask for ally and ask for her supervisor.

All the laws they referenced are three or more years old.

I am so frustrated. I do know plenty of dealers ship. But I chose one. Sportsmans outdoor superstore. They just shipped me an order not less than a month ago. Then I get an email that says due to a new law they can't. That the manager just sent an email and he says it's illegal. She then referenced a-20-100. Said that it made it illegal.

I went through the trouble to do all the dumb foid on file stuff. Now I'm in a training and can't scan stuff. And need ammo. It is Chicago after all.

Will one of you folks who has a moment, or all of you, correct this guy and company? Ask for ally and ask for her supervisor.

All the laws they referenced are three or more years old.

Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore were removed from the list the other day because another person (who had also previously bought ammo from them) said they decided to stop shipping here. She is referencing 8-20-100, which, as of 2014 amendments, ALLOWS transfer of ammunition. All it does now is ban sales of guns at gun shows.

The best thing to do is direct them to the 2014 gun store law and use the following boilerplate and include the PDF I've attached.

=====

I wanted to bring to your attention that Chicago has deleted their ammunition transfer restriction, which was the reason most online and mail-order vendors were previously unwilling to ship here. This was done with the passage of the new gun shop ordinance in June 2014, which was in response to a federal court ruling in Illinois Association of Firearms Retailers v Chicago, that the ban on gun and ammunition sales and/or transfer of ammunition in the city was illegal.

The pertinent ordinance was Municipal Ordinance 8-20-100, I have attached a copy of this and you can find it on page number 22 (actual page 24 of the PDF). The original language banned gun stores and transfer of ammunition within the city. The amended ordinance, which was written to comply with the court ruling of January 2014, strikes that language completely and only bans sales of firearms at gun shows. The ordinance came into effect June 24, 2014 after it was signed by the Mayor.

It is legal to ship ammunition to Chicago under the same FOID guidelines as the rest of the state of Illinois. Will you consider revising your policy?

=====

If they keep giving you hassle, I'd recommend using another vendor.

chicago-gun-shop-ordinance.pdf

Hello. Joining this forum has been long over due so I hope I can contribute with my recent experiences. This info may be redundant but I figured it will at least be fresh. Last month ammomart shipped to me in Chicago, no hangups or email discussion. Greatlakesammo, will ship to Chicago per an email inquiry a few days ago, and patriot outfitters, with some discussion and a provided copy of the ordinance and a link to this thread, they shipped my order. In a very timely manner on top of it. 2 hours between order and tracking number. Of course all dealers required a FOID.

Hello. Joining this forum has been long over due so I hope I can contribute with my recent experiences. This info may be redundant but I figured it will at least be fresh. Last month ammomart shipped to me in Chicago, no hangups or email discussion. Greatlakesammo, will ship to Chicago per an email inquiry a few days ago, and patriot outfitters, with some discussion and a provided copy of the ordinance and a link to this thread, they shipped my order. In a very timely manner on top of it. 2 hours between order and tracking number. Of course all dealers required a FOID.

Welcome to Illinois Carry and thanks for the confirmations!

• 4 weeks later...

I received my second ammo order from Brownell's to Chicago. The only downside this time was two of the cheap flimsy shipping box's corners had been torn open, taped back up by UPS, and torn open again at the other end exposing it's contents. I did not know if this was accidental or intentional. I insisted on completely opening the box and checking it's contents against the packing slip in front of the UPS driver before accepting and signing for it. If anything had been missing; I was not going to sign for it I was not going to make myself responsible for the missing ammo. As it turned out; it was all there and we were both relieved. The next time I order; I will bring this to the attention of Brownell's.

Archived