Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

McCroskey

• 2 weeks later...

Well Freedom Munitions wont ship to me. I emailed them and they emailed me back saying...

" No we are no longer allowed to ship to Chicago. I apologize."

I placed an order 2 weeks ago that I've been waiting for them to process as they are "experiencing high demand". Did you ask them why they have changed their mind?

Well Freedom Munitions wont ship to me. I emailed them and they emailed me back saying...

I placed an order 2 weeks ago that I've been waiting for them to process as they are "experiencing high demand". Did you ask them why they have changed their mind?

This is on their "Terms and Conditions" page:

ILLINOIS CUSTOMERS: Must have current copy of FOID card and State Photo Identification, No sales of ammunition and/or magazines to the City of Chicago.

Nope I didnt want to waste my or their time....

This is on their "Terms and Conditions" page:

ILLINOIS CUSTOMERS: Must have current copy of FOID card and State Photo Identification, No sales of ammunition and/or magazines to the City of Chicago.

As mentioned up above, their website has always said that. They were supposed to update it and hadn't gotten around to it. Tons of people here have ordered from them.

Nope I didnt want to waste my or their time....

Asking them why wouldn't be wasting anyone's time, considering their prior decision to ship to Chicago and a number of successful purchases. If you don't do it I have to instead. It's very possible that you just got some new employee who is going off of their outdated website.

Ya I see your point, also it took them a week to answer my e-mail is this normal?

....Question when buying a case of ammo on line do they ship it in a blank box or just the box the ammo comes from the factory?

Thanks

They're really busy lately, and apparently understaffed. My last order took over a month to get to my door.

As for the factory, they are the factory... it's their brand ammo that they're making/shipping so it's in their boxes.

I live in downtown Chicago and placed an order on Friday. They accepted the order and debited my cc account. This is the same process that I went through back in May. I ordered knowing in advance that it would probably take 3+ weeks.

I will watch to see if it changes status from "Pending". I really doubt that the order would be accepted if they no longer shipped to Chicago.

From my experience with Freedom Munitions. Mixed orders (a few boxes of this and a few boxes of that) take the longest time processing. I order in 500 round lots and they ship quickly. I ordered 1000 rounds last Friday, my card has been charged and the order marked "shipped". I expect them at my door this Friday. Pretty standard. Not Chicago area.

I never ordered their before, I e-mailed them before placing an order because I dont know how to send them my Id's.

I didn't want to order and have them cancel my order and charge me a restocking fee if they have any?

Thanks

When you create an account there's a link you click on to upload them.

From my experience with Freedom Munitions. Mixed orders (a few boxes of this and a few boxes of that) take the longest time processing. I order in 500 round lots and they ship quickly. I ordered 1000 rounds last Friday, my card has been charged and the order marked "shipped". I expect them at my door this Friday. Pretty standard. Not Chicago area.

I don't know how you get it so fast. Ordered June 23 500 rounds 45acp still pending. Not Chicago area.

I just made another order from massammo, they have the Federal HST .40s&w in stock again for $18.86 for a box of 50. That's more than $10 less than what Cabela's charges for a box of 20! They don't have the biggest selection but their prices are great and they aren't backlogged like Freedom Munitions is. And, of course, they ship to Chicago. $12.99 flat rate shipping.

They also have Federal Green Tip XM855 in stock now for $231 for a 600 round case.

The order I placed with Freedom back in June was just confirmed and I was invoiced.

Hoss, I really think you got some bad info from someone.

Regarding some of the shipping times up above, maybe the difference is between buying their house ammo or a regular company branded ammo? The branded stuff probably drop ships from a distributor. Their house stuff (which is cheap), they make themselves.

I used to go to Farrar Ballistics in Florida for the same kind of cheap, house-made ammo but he stopped doing that and only sells commercial now. I was sad about that as the prices were great and the ammo was fine for the range. Freedom are the only other people I know of who do that. The people I used to see sometimes at Kane County flea market don't seem to be around anymore either.

The order I placed with Freedom back in June was just confirmed and I was invoiced.

Regarding some of the shipping times up above, maybe the difference is between buying their house ammo or a regular company branded ammo? The branded stuff probably drop ships from a distributor. Their house stuff (which is cheap), they make themselves.

I used to go to Farrar Ballistics in Florida for the same kind of cheap, house-made ammo but he stopped doing that and only sells commercial now. I was sad about that as the prices were great and the ammo was fine for the range. Freedom are the only other people I know of who do that. The people I used to see sometimes at Kane County flea market don't seem to be around anymore either.

Ya maybe that the person that sent me the reply thinks that they dont ship to Chicago....I might order from them if they ever update their web site.....

I think that im going to try Massammo. They seem to have good prices....anyone know if I ordered a case will it be in a plan box that doesnt have ammo written on it?

Thanks

I order from Freedom all of the time. I live in Chicago. Every package of ammo I've received via mail order has been marked "ORD" for ordinance. Depending on the size of my order shipments from Freedom have been in the box that states what caliber, weight, etc. it is or is in a larger box that just has the addresses and the ORD mark.

Ya maybe that the person that sent me the reply thinks that they dont ship to Chicago....I might order from them if they ever update their web site.....

I think that im going to try Massammo. They seem to have good prices....anyone know if I ordered a case will it be in a plan box that doesnt have ammo written on it?

Thanks

Last time I ordered from massammo it was just a cardboard box that had the ORD label on it which is required by law.

I always try to be home when ammo comes, because UPS will leave it on the porch! And for some reason you don't always get the option to leave it at a UPS store.

If it's a small enough box they leave it between my storm door and front door so at least it's not visible from the street.

Ammo came today. Just a brown box with the UPS label, and a symbol which is a diamond shape with black tips. Not obviously ammo.

eta: btw the HST is labeled XM40HC, which as far as I can find out is overrun from a government contract. About the only real difference from the stuff that sells for $28 for a box of 20 is the cases are brass instead of nickel plated brass. A very good deal IMHO.

this is a responce i got from Freedom Munitions on a order of over 900.00 in ammo I'm in chicago the order was just placed on july 12

Tim Bowen (Freedom Munitions)

Jul 18, 09:05 PDT

Dear Me,

Unfortunately, we are no longer shipping orders to Cook County, IL, and I have canceled your order # 1. Please contact Customer Service if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Tim Bowen
The Freedom Munitions Team
Howell Munitions & Technology, Inc. | Freedom Munitions | X-Treme Bullets
Phone: (208)746-3668

Looks like i'll spend my money somewhere else!!!!!

I had placed two orders on July 3 and the 7th and they were pending. So, after reading DishJockey's statement, I called Freedom munitions regarding my orders. The customer service rep stated" we are not shipping to Chicago. Some people in the shipping department thought we were and they sent out the shipments". she indicated that I should not have received the first two orders and was canceling my pending orders today with an e-mail confirmation. Glad my eggs are not in the same basket. The price was good while it lasted.There are other fish in the sea! and I am going fishing!

• mauserme locked this topic
  • mauserme unpinned this topic

Archived