Exercise your 2A right....without owning a gun?

TyGuy

At least my Mattel Shootin' Shell fanner came out of the holster and it fired plastic bullets too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9ojNddiSI

I had one of those when I was a kid. I remember it being called a "Fanner 50" for some reason. That must be what got me interested in reloading. LOL

It was called a Fanner 50 because that was it's name. It was promoted by showing an awesome display of firepower, using the the off-hand to "fan" the hammer back for rapid fire. There was a Western TV show at the time where the hero did this to show how awesome his gun-fighting skills were. I got one for Christmas in the late 50s.

My favorite line from the website:

"You no longer have to worry about young children finding a loaded weapon. This all-in-one piece construction does not come apart."

Yeah, why bother with securing this - it's not a REAL gun. Let the kids play with it. You know that will be the attitude of at least some of the people who would buy this adult toy.

There is a clever marketing angle that the producers of the item missed. They should have paired up with funeral homes in different areas and offered discount cards and charged the funeral home owners. That way when the people that buy these start getting killed by cops, stick up artists, and whomever, at least someone will benefit.

There is a clever marketing angle that the producers of the item missed. They should have paired up with funeral homes in different areas and offered discount cards and charged the funeral home owners. That way when the people that buy these start getting killed by cops, stick up artists, and whomever, at least someone will benefit.

$ Additionally, they should fit the gun with a sippy straw from the muzzle and turn in into a water bottle. Imagine the fits of histeria/hilarity that would ensue when Joe Liberal takes a drink on the CTA. This adds practicality to the practice of carrying something on your hip, and virtually assures the funeral home coupons would get used. Heck, they might get repeat business after the fear induced heart attacks start.$

Archived