Exercise your 2A right....without owning a gun?

TyGuy

A PCD device is meant to be a means of crime deterrent, rather than a means of self defense. After all, who's going to run up on a person with a gun?

Someone who either wants it or wants to make sure you don't use it to stop them.

Disclaimer: Perceived Carry Devices are not intended to be used in emergencies. If you find yourself in a life threatening situation, first seek safety, then dial 911 as you should when carrying a real firearm.

I think they meant to say "after using your real firearm."

I bet the guy/gal who is dumb enough to carry and print a fake gun is also dumb enough to brandish it hoping to let sketchy looking people and/or anyone who rubs them wrong know they "mean business".

I bet a cop who got faked out by an obvious printer would be annoyed enough with having his nerves unnecessarily frayed by the mwag call that he'd have a disturbing the peace or other violation to ruin the idiot's day in return.

I bet the guy/gal who is dumb enough to carry and print a fake gun is also dumb enough to brandish it hoping to let sketchy looking people and/or anyone who rubs them wrong know they "mean business".

I bet a cop who got faked out by an obvious printer would be annoyed enough with having his nerves unnecessarily frayed by the mwag call that he'd have a disturbing the peace or other violation to ruin the idiot's day in return.

That, and when the cops arrive and you have what you perceive as a non-threatening piece of plastic in your hand, what then? I'm guessing someone willing to buy one of these isn't aware of the safety rules when it comes to pointing it at others.

What I don't get is if someone is willing to buy one, you would think they understand why you would want to carry in the first place. Why not just carry?

One of the best quotes:

"At a fraction of the price of a real firearm, you too may enjoy the benefits of carrying a weapon, without having to shell out hundreds(sometimes $1000's)"

The paragraph continues by saying:

"for something that statistics show probably will not and/or should not be used."

Following that logic, I should find "decoy" car insurance?

It gets better:

"While these are not actual firearms, their extreme resemblance to real guns tucked neatly in a holster may be enough to give you the jump on anyone who may wish to do you or your family harm."

Are they serious? Really?

They are actually suggesting that in a life or death situation, a "decoy gun" is a game plan? What kind of insane utopia are these people living in?

Read over the specs on this.Safe one piece construction, device does not come out of holster

So his theory is just the appearance of what looks like a holstered gun will deter a criminal. Might happen I suppose. But an awful gamble when your life is on the line.

So the idiot will run around lifting his shirt. They better paint it neon orange or there's going to be another movement with "lives matter" signs for the grievance committee members to complain about cops shooting unarmed men.

What kind of insane utopia are these people living in?

One where all they know about firearms and violence comes from watching TV shows and the movies. And whatever nonsense they've read on the dailykos or dumocratic underground.

Here's all you need to know.

After all, who's going to run up on a person with a gun?

Answer: tons of bad guys, whos willingness to kill you is orders of magnitude stronger than your will to defend yourself from them. They'll sniff out your fear and hesitation in an instant.

More dangerous than being unarmed, is being armed without the wherewithal to use it. This takes that truism a step further, in that it's impossible to use it.

Their website links to an anti-gun site called the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence where you can get lots of reasons to prefer a pretend gun, and ways to help enact common sense regulations.

They still don't get what open carry is about.

ETA Apparently their products are free for the cost of shipping.

You forgot to purple-fy the phrase "common sense", as the vast majority of what they propose is far from it.

And for supposedly being run by legal folks, when you offer a "disclaimer" like this one:

Disclaimer: Perceived Carry Devices are not intended to be used in emergencies. If you find yourself in a life threatening situation, first seek safety, then dial 911 as you should when carrying a real firearm.

It shows how out of touch - or willingly blind - you are. Not only to a little thing like over 20 case decisions since 1856 where the burden of protection has been found to lie with the individual and not the government that any lawyer worth the title should know about, but the fact that the majority of cases involving the lawful use of lethal force are over long before 9-1-1 is notified, much less arrives.

Unless, of course, your goal isn't justice, or the truth, but promoting an agenda that sees control as the ultimate goal.

Oh! Talk about nostalgia! I had the .38 snubnose one that came with an entire detective kit and shoulder holster! One of my uncles had one from the end of the 1950s that was in perfect condition when we got it in the mid-'70s, with all of the Shoooin' Shells and several boxes of the Greenie M caps! We literally wore it out from using it so much! That's probably the very best training tool for kids to learn how to shoot a firearm safely!

It was also the coolest kid's toy ever created, in my opinion.

Archived