Let's run 'em out of office!

Molly B.

Let's find a rail and put the anti-gun legislators on it - run 'em out of town!! Mac posted this a few days ago and I forwarded to everyone in my address book. Let's get the word out and email it everyone in your address book too!

Molly B.

I am in the process for forming teams to work on some of the campaigns in the coming 08 election and am looking to build a contact database of individuals who want to give a weekend or two to get some of these anti-gun legislators out of office and some pro-gunners in.

I'm looking to form teams close by a target district so no one person has to drive a considerable distance. The Simpson/Bond race in District 31 was lost by a total of 1113 votes and the guy we just love to hate Senator Kotowski won by a total of 1435 votes. People going door to door to Get Out the Vote (GOTV) can make the difference as well as get the ear of the candidate if he or she should win because of our effort.

If you are interested in this project, send me your contact information and I will keep this info confidential. I need your name, mailing address, phone number and email address. When we get enough people in a certain area, I'd like to get everyone from that area together and elect a team leader to organize the GOTV session, that way you would get to know the other people in your area and all work together to make this possible.

Will this work? Only if you make it happen. If you would like to be on one of these teams, email me and I'll get you on the list. When we start getting enough people, I'll start grouping everyone together.

Mac McWilliams

tbi2a@frontiernet.net

I would really hate to be an elected official in this state going up against you guys. It's amazing how many people this year are starting early with their campaigning. I think one of the main things to watch out for by doing it early is that you don't get to the point where it is one ear and out the other with the people you are trying to get on board with you. You push too hard, too early and they may think these pro gunners are crazy. Make sure you devise some sort of plan that all of you can stick with and speak about and I would definitely leave sensitive issues out i.e. Virginia Tech, other school shootings, etc. I haven't looked but I'm sure the NRA and a couple of other organizations have some info and pamphlets on lobbying for this, do's and don'ts type stuff. I would try to find someone who is a moderate that leans to the right so they are more palatable to the masses, too conservative and it will be a lot of work.

I would try to find someone who is a moderate that leans to the right so they are more palatable to the masses, too conservative and it will be a lot of work

personally I dont believe in compromise when it comes to our rights. the constitution is literal and not open to interpretation as a "living document". My basis is this, most of the founders were very religious, if your not religious thats ok in america and you have that right. Seeing as the founders were very religious I am certain that they did not interpret the bible or torah as a "living document" so why would they lay the foundation of government on sandy ground.

Never deviate from what you know is right :yes1:

I would really hate to be an elected official in this state going up against you guys. It's amazing how many people this year are starting early with their campaigning. I think one of the main things to watch out for by doing it early is that you don't get to the point where it is one ear and out the other with the people you are trying to get on board with you. You push too hard, too early and they may think these pro gunners are crazy. Make sure you devise some sort of plan that all of you can stick with and speak about and I would definitely leave sensitive issues out i.e. Virginia Tech, other school shootings, etc. I haven't looked but I'm sure the NRA and a couple of other organizations have some info and pamphlets on lobbying for this, do's and don'ts type stuff. I would try to find someone who is a moderate that leans to the right so they are more palatable to the masses, too conservative and it will be a lot of work.

Richard? :yes1: Is that you Richard? :rolleyes: . . . . sounds like Richard . . . :) ???

Guest Mac McWilliams
I haven't looked but I'm sure the NRA and a couple of other organizations have some info and pamphlets on lobbying for this, do's and don'ts type stuff.

Well, just by looking at the NRA's rating system and who voted for SB1007, I don't think the NRA's the organization I'd want to emulate.

Cronin

1007 vote Y

NRA Rating B

Dillard

1007 vote Y

NRA rating B+

Hultgren

1007 vote Y

NRA rating A

Millner

1007 vote Y

NRA rating A+

Munoz

1007 vote Y

NRA rating D

This dude's Hardcore anti-gun and he got a D

Murphy

1007 vote Y

NRA rating A

Clayborne

1007 vote NV

NRA rating A

I don't really think you can gauge a candidate by their answer on a questionaire with an NRA addess on it. If a candidate has no voting record, they should start out with a C then get it raised or lower according to how they vote on gun bills if elected. You just can't get a straight answer from a candidate who gets a questionaire and know who it's from. Every one's pro-gun at election time except the Crook county candidates. By using a profile on the incumbents, you start out with an F then get a chance to prove yourself by the way they vote on the gun bills. The questionairs I send out are anonymous emails from a seldom used address. I ask them several questions on bills in the past whether they would agree or disagree with that legislation both good and bad bills. Those who answer, have to read the bills to make a determination and those who do get my respect for doing so regardless of their reply. Last year, Sue Simpson answered the questions most favorably but due to lack of people willing to help out, she lost by a small margin and Bond won. This year, I'm gathering the troops early for an attack near the end of the campaign to make sure our candidate names are the last one they hear before heading to the polls. I've worked several campaigns, made some mistakes but have learned from them. As I was told back when I was a rookie Ironworker, if you don't make mistakes, you ain't doing nothing. This year I have a plan and I'm sticking with it, some of it by interacting with folks who run elections on a national scale, some who ran on a local level, working to mold them into something that will work here in Illinois. Will it work, we can only know in November but at least we gave it one heck of a try.

Munoz has a D? What does it take to get an F? That guy is a co-sponsor on every piece of anti-gun legislation I can name.

Anyway, Mac, I sent you an email. I'm in Virden, about half an hour south of Springfield, but I don't mind taking a drive now and then. My rep is a good guy on gun rights and my Senator (Demuzio) isn't great but she knows she doesn't represent Chicago.

Bond won last year because at the last minute the incumbent REPUBLICAN senator 80 something yr old Adeline Geo-Karis threw her support to him as her way of getting revenge against Susan Simpson for challenging and beating her in the primary.

Geo-Karis sold out the party she had represented for her whole life in order to satisfy her need for vengence. :yes1:

Yeah and Millner...my senator gets a A+??? What the hey!!!O....I am so torqued he signed on to that piece of feces that I can't even write him. I just can't write anything that I could possibly send....Any help appreciated cause I do need to converse with the guy...

And is it just me or are the rest of ya'll getting a bit tired of the NRA??

I would try to find someone who is a moderate that leans to the right so they are more palatable to the masses, too conservative and it will be a lot of work

personally I dont believe in compromise when it comes to our rights. the constitution is literal and not open to interpretation as a "living document". My basis is this, most of the founders were very religious, if your not religious thats ok in america and you have that right. Seeing as the founders were very religious I am certain that they did not interpret the bible or torah as a "living document" so why would they lay the foundation of government on sandy ground.

Never deviate from what you know is right :yes1:

It is a living document in that it has a feature for amendment. It is not a living document in the sense that you assign new interpretations to the words as written 200 years ago.

As Mac posted, the NRA creates its ratings on survey questionares these legislators and those running fill out and send in. The NRA cannot be the see all do all for us. They are very valuable in the things they can do for us . . . but the ground work is up to us.

We have to keep a record of what the legislators promise AND what they deliver. Then we campaign for the those that deliver and against those that don't.

Molly B.

As Mac posted, the NRA creates its ratings on survey questionares these legislators and those running fill out and send in. The NRA cannot be the see all do all for us. They are very valuable in the things they can do for us . . . but the ground work is up to us.

We have to keep a record of what the legislators promise AND what they deliver. Then we campaign for the those that deliver and against those that don't.

Molly B.

To add to that if I may, I have no problem with anyone joining or belonging to the NRA, ISRA, GSL, etc., but don't join these groups and then sit down on the sidelines and think thats all you have to do, cause it ain't! (look where it's gotten us so far) Get involed. Fights are never won waiting on others to do the dirty work. This needs to be one huge focused group effort. Together, we will triumph!

Guest Mac McWilliams
It's starting to look like the NRA is as easy to hoodwink as Pearson and the ISRA.

I think it's time to stop relying on these outsiders for information or guidance about our local political critters.

We need to ask the questions and do the research ourselves...

There ya go, I like your style. It's time to put the WE back in WE THE PEOPLE.

I know it would be some work but maybe blaster could make a section of the site showing districts and their reps/senators and then have our own ranking based on VOTING RECORD. If they dont have a record yet they start of with a 0 and work their way up from a C by proving themselves. We HOLD them accountable and we stay in their face about this. Then anyone that pulls some BS like Kownazki WE LOBBY AGAINST, even if the other guy is just as bad WE PUNISH them by getting them OUT.

Richard? :headbang1: Is that you Richard? :headbang1: . . . . sounds like Richard . . . :headbang1: ???

He's not Richard.

He have a brother?

Molly B.

Who is Richard? This is not Richard or a brother. I was merely saying that in this state it seems like with the strong Democrat following that if you want to get someone in office who is pro-gun then you need to go for someone who is a moderate on other issues to get them in. You push for someone who is far right and they might not stand a chance here when it comes to election time. I'll keep my mouth shut from now on though.

Richard? :headbang1: Is that you Richard? :headbang1: . . . . sounds like Richard . . . :headbang1: ???

He's not Richard.

He have a brother?

Molly B.

Who is Richard? This is not Richard or a brother. I was merely saying that in this state it seems like with the strong Democrat following that if you want to get someone in office who is pro-gun then you need to go for someone who is a moderate on other issues to get them in. You push for someone who is far right and they might not stand a chance here when it comes to election time. I'll keep my mouth shut from now on though.

Please don't take offense AirCommando. You said that we should'nt push too hard. Problem is, nobody's been pushing at all for too, too long. We've played defense for too long. It's time to go out on the offense, People have had enough. We're tired of this same crap year after year and we're finally getting our act together and getting organized. We've got good people in place, and we are mobilizing the troops. This is war! We won't stop until we are victorious. The Founders did the same after they'd had enough of the king, it's the same thing in a modern era.

Archived