Scum Times Challenge to Rauner --- heeeeere we go!

quackersmacker

Not a thing on that list will decrease the violence.

Of course not. And TyGuy's editorial will not effectively promote unicorns. But one of those editorials will get people thinking, and talking, and dealing. And in this state, that can be dangerous!

“Bruce supports background checks and measures that keep guns away from criminals and the mentally ill. He looks forward to working with the General Assembly on common-sense proposals that keep our citizens safe while respecting law-abiding citizens.”

I REALLY hope Molly you get a chance to meet with him during next years IGOLD. I wonder if he will be unavailable like his predecessor.

I will support their to do list, in exchange for:

1. changing the penalties for carrying in a GFZ to tresspassing

2. remove all satutory GFZs except for federal ones and private business [at their option]

3. legalizing of suppressors similar to SBR in this state

4. reducing the training requirements for the CCL by half

let's compromize gun ban people :)

2. remove all satutory GFZs except for federal ones and private business [at their option]

No absolutely not. We've compromised enough.

It's the same old drivel, and I looked closely to see if there were names associated with this, I half expected to see some familiar names. Instead the coward(s) hide behind the "newspapers editorial board" label.

I'm for Universal background checks. For a price...

If we have to go through the trouble of back ground checks for even private purchases.

-I want the ban on Machine Guns/Silencers/AOW/DD lifted. If we are all law abiding citizens, with clean backgrounds. Why ban these? Especially if we pay our tax to uncle sam, have a LEO sign off and pass further background checks.

-I want the IL constitution revised to the whole "subject to police power" line is scratched.

-Pass a law strengthening the 2nd Amendment and adding state wide pre-emption to all firearms/magazines/Ammo Types.

-Pass a law making it illegal for a muncipality to limit magazines/firearm types/accessories/put an excess tax on 2nd amendment related goods. If they do so, fine them heavily each day the ordinance is still on the books.

-Strictly put it into writing that there cannot be any state wide magazine bans/confiscations. Also put it in writing that background checks won't be used to track/compile a registry. Also stress that confiscation is illicet and unethical.

-Allow Concealed Carry on all forms of Public Transportation and in Cook County Forest Preserves.

-Reduce the CCW Application Fee to $75, and only 8 hours of training. Reduce the out of state applicant fee to only $100

-Make the FOID Card Good for 20 years.

-Allow the FOID Card/CCW Permit to be used as valid Photo Identification.

-Allow CCW holders to skip waiting periods.

-Introduce the "Lighten Up Francis" Bill that disallows schools funded by tax payers to punish students because a pop tart/stick/cloud looks like a gun. This would also allow children to play cops and robbers without being expelled for using the "oh so deadly" finger guns.

Anti's want to compromise? Here are my demands. Ball is in your court.

Compromise? How about not being caught sleeping behind the wheel? There are a lot of things wrong with the FCCA because they went unchallenged. Intent of the law is nothing if the letter doesn't support it. I keep reading the nonresident section of the FCCA over and over. Imo, the "substantially similar laws" intent was meant to be geared towards reciprocity of other state permits. Somebody screwed that up while writing the legislation. Somebody screwed up not catching that. Somebody screwed up not contesting it (on both sides of the argument). And, now there is an expensive court battle starting to change it. We, as the entire community, should be blaming ourselves as a whole. I feel like an idiot for not getting involved earlier and catching that. Maybe it could have been fixed, but the blame isn't solely mine to carry.

"† License all gun dealers. The federal licensing system is weak and lightly enforced. State licensing would empower authorities to act against known sources of illegal firearms. Nearly 20 percent of all Chicago crime guns come from just four local dealers. We don’t have to accept that."

So then hammer those four gun dealers. What's the problem? We know where they are. Wait, what's that? They aren't actually breaking any laws? Oh okay, never mind then.

"† Require point-of-sale reporting. The sale of each gun in the state should be recorded, so that authorities can quickly trace the source of guns found at crime scenes."

Already done. Next, please.

"† Improve the background check law. Illinois now requires gun sellers to verify buyers have valid Firearms Owner’s Identification cards, but the law has no teeth. We need penalties that would ensure that everyone involved in gun transactions follows the law."

Isn't it already a misdemeanor to not call into the FOID hotline?

"† Beef up penalties for failing to report lost and stolen guns, a rule intended to discourage gun trafficking. Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says the current penalties are often ignored because they are insignificant."

But, we already have "point of sale reporting". Police can easily track down the source of "crime guns" as long as they were legally transferred. "But what about the illegal guns?". Well, what about them? Crooks break the law. Welcome to Earth.

This is so damn easy.

"† License all gun dealers. The federal licensing system is weak and lightly enforced. State licensing would empower authorities to act against known sources of illegal firearms. Nearly 20 percent of all Chicago crime guns come from just four local dealers. We don’t have to accept that."

So then hammer those four gun dealers. What's the problem? We know where they are. Wait, what's that? They aren't actually breaking any laws? Oh okay, never mind then.

"† Require point-of-sale reporting. The sale of each gun in the state should be recorded, so that authorities can quickly trace the source of guns found at crime scenes."

Already done. Next, please.

"† Improve the background check law. Illinois now requires gun sellers to verify buyers have valid Firearms Owner’s Identification cards, but the law has no teeth. We need penalties that would ensure that everyone involved in gun transactions follows the law."

Isn't it already a misdemeanor to not call into the FOID hotline?

"† Beef up penalties for failing to report lost and stolen guns, a rule intended to discourage gun trafficking. Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy says the current penalties are often ignored because they are insignificant."

But, we already have "point of sale reporting". Police can easily track down the source of "crime guns" as long as they were legally transferred. "But what about the illegal guns?". Well, what about them? Crooks break the law. Welcome to Earth.

This is so damn easy.

This isn't about solving the problem, this is about pushing more restrictions. These people don't negotiate in good faith. Just see I594 for an example.

Soooo....they endorsed the guy because they liked him better than the alternative, and now before he is even sworn in, they are having buyer's remorse over something that has been part of his platform all along?

Hmmmmm....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We dont have a gun violence problem. We have a violence problem. We have a drug problem. We have a poverty problem. We have a jobs problem.

All of the above items have nothing to do with "controlling guns" They have everything to do with policies our local government cant seem to realize dont work. The west and south sides of Chicago are much like a war zone with residents committing war atrocities on each other. Make it painful to have that behavior and work on the money involved. We know who is doing this for the most part it has been people who have been locked up. For the most part happens in 6 block areas. We know the who and the where and the why.

Until we hold our government responsible for the laws they have already on the books to deal with this nothing is going to happen!!!

We dont have a gun violence problem. We have a violence problem. We have a drug problem. We have a poverty problem. We have a jobs problem.

All of the above items have nothing to do with "controlling guns" They have everything to do with policies our local government cant seem to realize dont work. The west and south sides of Chicago are much like a war zone with residents committing war atrocities on each other. Make it painful to have that behavior and work on the money involved. We know who is doing this for the most part it has been people who have been locked up. For the most part happens in 6 block areas. We know the who and the where and the why.

Until we hold our government responsible for the laws they have already on the books to deal with this nothing is going to happen!!!

But all of those problems allow them to push more of their agenda items

“Bruce supports background checks and measures that keep guns away from criminals and the mentally ill. He looks forward to working with the General Assembly on common-sense proposals that keep our citizens safe while respecting law-abiding citizens.”[/size]

I REALLY hope Molly you get a chance to meet with him during next years IGOLD. I wonder if he will be unavailable like his predecessor.

Being that he will live at the Mansion at least he will be in town.

Both are Class B misdemeanors.

I'm pretty certain what he meant was trespassing if you refused to leave the establishment after they asked you to.

I'm pretty certain what he meant was trespassing if you refused to leave the establishment after they asked you to.

Yes I was lazy in my wording, that should have read: if you're caught carrying in a GFZ, you can be asked to leave and only charged with trespassing if you refuse to leave.

Mark, I noticed the same thing.

I am very impressed with the mostly level headed responses at CapitolFax about this editorial.

Their unwillingness to allow rebuttal tells me that they're position is weak and not in line with what the people want.

Besides, the Times is little more than a 4th rate website now.

They carry no weight since they refuse to be a real newspaper.

My two cents for whats it worth. Removal of the gun grabbers one by one from office is the key. Rauner is not going to go to bat for gun rights, its still considered to controversial in this state. Top of my list is that fool from Park Ridge, Dumbrowski, or however you spell it. He is being groomed for bigger and better things and would not surprise me if he runs for Mark Kirk's senate seat. The makeup of springfield is what needs to change, and that is going to be a decades long process. Getting real candidates to run against this system nut bags is key to changing the culture. Rauner is in a tough spot, and frankly I don't trust him but am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Meanwhile my bags are still packed and sitting by the front door. Exit from this hellhole is atop my list if that is not significant change across the board. Other states can do it, so can we.

Archived