Crime on CTA/Mass Transit ... Reports and Data

Dr. Rat

No one mentioned the gang fight and shooting on the Red Line downtown yesterday?

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170817/downtown/downtown-red-line-shooting-wounds-man-at-jackson-station-police-say

The CTA, its vehicles, and all properties it owns or runs are gun-free zones. Ergo, no shooting could have occurred on it, because the designation as gun free and the magic signs will unerringly keep out all firearms and prevent all shootings in areas designated under their aegis.

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly don't know how the yuppies justify staying in this city, I really don't. If you've lived here most or all of your life I can understand why you'd stay, but if you had other options why bother? Why? I don't get it. And I'm the bad guy when I question the narrative.

Honestly don't know how the yuppies justify staying in this city, I really don't. If you've lived here most or all of your life I can understand why you'd stay, but if you had other options why bother? Why? I don't get it. And I'm the bad guy when I question the narrative.

I guess I sort of fit that narrative. The reason I'm happy here for now is because I'm a foodie, I enjoy riding my bike to work, and the cultural options are nearly unlimited. I think people enjoy living here because you get a city life but without NYC or San Francisco cost of living.

I suppose you could say I'm living in Chicago for a sort of "extended vacation". Once my "vacation" is over (probably in 2 years when I'm ready to buy a home), I'll move somewhere more logical, even if it's just NW Indiana.

Moved to Chicago from Texas because Dallas wasn't the right place for me at this time. It's a better fit for people who are looking to settle down.

Now would I have moved to Chicago if they still had a handgun ban and no concealed carry? heck to the no!

• 1 month later...

So what ever happened to the promise in 2014 to remove public transport from the GFZ's? I don't even recall a bill ever having been filed?

Thanks for the correction.

• 4 weeks later...

Its amazing how much violent crime there is on the CTA, much of it perpetrated without guns, but Don Harmon wants to convince his fellow Illinois senators that the most important thing they can do for the people of Illinois is to increase regulation and scrutiny of gun stores and FFL dealers, and he personally spends most of his time and energy pursuing that goal while people are getting mugged and raped all over Chicago area public transportation.

WICKER PARK: Woman Beaten, Robbed, Disrobed By Man Who Follows Her From Damen Blue Line

"A 23-year-old woman was beaten, robbed, and assaulted by a man who followed her from the Damen Blue Line station early Sunday, police said in a bulletin Tuesday evening.

The man trailed the victim for several blocks before grabbing her and pulling her into a gangway in the 1600 block of North Bell around 3:25 a.m., authorities said.

The woman was beaten, robbed and disrobed by the man in the passageway. A source said she was still unclothed when a passer-by discovered her around 3:40 a.m."

Partial Disembowelment with 2" Knife

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-brother-in-law-stabbed-cta-bus-20171202-story.html

An Englewood man stabbed his brother-in-law at least 25 times on a CTA bus, partially disemboweling him in front of other riders, prosecutors said Saturday.

A judge denied bail for Darnell R. Scott, 37, who is accused of stabbing his 50-year-old brother-in-law numerous times with a 2-inch pocket knife as the two rode the No. 63/63rd Street bus Thursday around 6:30 p.m. The victim suffered numerous wounds to his abdomen, arms, legs, neck and the back of his head before the bus came to a stop in the 300 block of West 63rd Street, according to Cook County prosecutors and police.

Will anyone sure for bystander trauma?

Was it an auto-opener? Because Kathleen Willis voted against decriminalizing auto-openers, because, well:

Why would we want people to have switchblades?
There's a big difference between a pocket knife and a switchblade. What purpose does a switchblade have other than to be used as a weapon ? I think we have enough weapons out in the world right now that we do not need to make it easier, I don't think this is a path we want to go down.

Thank you Don Harmon and Kathleen Willis for your tireless efforts to make us safer...

• 2 weeks later...

Found unconscious, beaten on the CTA.

post-111-0-89533700-1513638706_thumb.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-police-need-help-identifying-jane-doe-20171128-story.html

Chicago police are seeking help from the public in identifying a woman who was found injured on a city bus.

The woman was found on a CTA bus on Friday, officials said. It was not immediately clear on which bus route she was found.

After sending an alert asking for help identifying the woman, who is being referred to as “Jane Doe,” officers said they were unable to disclose her current location or condition as a safety precaution.

“We do not have any specifics as to how she was injured,” a police spokeswoman said.

Jane Doe was found on the bus in the South Austin neighborhood, near the intersection of South Central Avenue and West Harrison Street, police said.

She was found wearing a black jacket with a blue collar, black pants and black boots, police said. Currently, the woman is unable to speak as a result of her injuries.

post-111-0-89533700-1513638706_thumb.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-police-need-help-identifying-jane-doe-20171128-story.html

Chicago police are seeking help from the public in identifying a woman who was found injured on a city bus.

The woman was found on a CTA bus on Friday, officials said. It was not immediately clear on which bus route she was found.

After sending an alert asking for help identifying the woman, who is being referred to as “Jane Doe,” officers said they were unable to disclose her current location or condition as a safety precaution.

“We do not have any specifics as to how she was injured,” a police spokeswoman said.

Jane Doe was found on the bus in the South Austin neighborhood, near the intersection of South Central Avenue and West Harrison Street, police said.

She was found wearing a black jacket with a blue collar, black pants and black boots, police said. Currently, the woman is unable to speak as a result of her injuries.

That might be the missing woman who kidnapped her daughter from Oak Park, but what about her kid?

attachicon.gifct-1513633360-5htjmlnixh-snap-image.jpg

She has died.

She was identified as Nancy Rosario, 45, from the Brighton Park neighborhood.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-jane-doe-found-on-cta-bus-identified-dies-20171222-story.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Molly B. unpinned this topic

Archived