language barriers...

bigdudez25

As an aside, I'm 71 and now wear two hearing aids. Old age plus all the shooting without ear protection years ago have damaged lots of nerve cells in the cochlea. With my aids, I look like I'm deaf!

Azone5, the ear molds on hearing aids make excellent ear protection. At first I did not wear "ears" while shooting, I'm already deaf right? What could go wrong? So, I ignored that rule. Big mistake, I stood too close to my buddy shooting .38+p and got the full air burst/blast in my ear. Hurt like heck for days afterwards. Never again.

Sorry, for going off topic. I do not want the RO, err.. I mean MODS breathing down my neck.

As an aside, I'm 71 and now wear two hearing aids. Old age plus all the shooting without ear protection years ago have damaged lots of nerve cells in the cochlea. With my aids, I look like I'm deaf!

Azone5, the ear molds on hearing aids make excellent ear protection. At first I did not wear "ears" while shooting, I'm already deaf right? What could go wrong? So, I ignored that rule. Big mistake, I stood too close to my buddy shooting .38+p and got the full air burst/blast in my ear. Hurt like heck for days afterwards. Never again.

Sorry, for going off topic. I do not want the RO, err.. I mean MODS breathing down my neck.

I understand completely! My wife shot my 45 ACP and BHP some years ago and for the first few shots didn't use ear protection. We quickly put 'ears' on her and she was much more comfortable. Most people don't realize we hear a lot through bone conduction (bones in the face/head/skull/jaws and teeth all vibrate, etc.). Sound consists of moving air molecules and all that blast hits our head and travels to our inner ear.

Archived