How long after "appeal under review" status?

donbruno

While I don't yet have my license yet, my timing was:

7/6 - Online status changed from Denied to Appealed

7/21 - Online status changed to Appeal Under Review

7/27 - Received an email asking for a correction to be made on the certificate I provided

7/28 - Revised certificate emailed

7/29 - Received an email saying my CCL is Approved

My issue was related to insufficient training and was covered, I believe, as an Administrative Review by the ISP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm still under appeal, like you, from April. When I called them, the only thing they would tell me is that my appeal has been received. Seems most appeals, with the exception of instructor related appeals, will stay in limbo until the ISP feels like dealing with them.. 5 months and the only progress on non-board appeals,with the exception of instructor issues, has been the ISP updating peoples status on the website.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 cents:

1- Applied Jan 8, 2014

2- Noticed March 1st website said DENIED

3- Called 10 times over 2 weeks before I got a call back.

4- Someone from the FOID Eligibility Dept told me that there was an ERROR made when processing my background check and it was entered into the system as POSSITIVE/FELON and this was an ERROR.

5- Because of the ERROR by the ISP, my CCL was DENIED so I was told that I needed to submit an APPEAL.

6- When my DENIAL letter showed up it listed 2 reasons. Invalid FOID Card. It listed the same reason twice.

7- My APPEAL was received in writing to the ISP on March 20th, 2014.

8- I have called them an easy 25 times over the last 6 months and they tell me NOTHING and do NOTHING.

9- My online account turned to Appeal Under Review in July.

10- Its now September 6th and nothing from the ISP. No call, no email, no letter. Nothing!

Maybe one of the good guy law firms needs to start a Class Action Lawsuit. Id sign onto it!

The ISP is either:

- Totally Incompetent

- Politically motivated to NOT give out as many CCL licenses as possible.

- Or there is some underlying reason why some of us have been singled out and kept in the dark about why they dont want us to have a CCL license.

What does everyone else think??????

well that's disheartening. yeah man, i don't know, it isn't right that they can just take their sweet time like this, especially when you consider the fact we're talking about OUR CIVIL RIGHTS. I almost thought about getting a state ID and applying with it instead and if it went through first, call the bank to cancel my original payment to the ISP.

the worst part is we've gone through all the qualifications, paid our money, did the training and everything, now it's just a matter of waiting for a f*cking piece of plastic in the mail? then i get to thinking how stupid i would feel if something happened to me because i didn't have a gun just because i was following a dumb law and trying to be a good citizen?

i don't think it's any of the reasons you mentioned that this is happening, I think that they probably have very little resources in the appeals department, especially since they're handling both FOID appeals AND CCL appeals. how hard could it be? "yes hi, i'm calling about my application." "oh okay, let me pull it up. ah i see it was just your ID was invalid but looks good now. i'll put it through."

i'm sick of waiting. I wonder what would happen if I drove down to springfield and tried to discuss it in person.

well that's disheartening. yeah man, i don't know, it isn't right that they can just take their sweet time like this, especially when you consider the fact we're talking about OUR CIVIL RIGHTS. I almost thought about getting a state ID and applying with it instead and if it went through first, call the bank to cancel my original payment to the ISP.

the worst part is we've gone through all the qualifications, paid our money, did the training and everything, now it's just a matter of waiting for a f*cking piece of plastic in the mail? then i get to thinking how stupid i would feel if something happened to me because i didn't have a gun just because i was following a dumb law and trying to be a good citizen?

i don't think it's any of the reasons you mentioned that this is happening, I think that they probably have very little resources in the appeals department, especially since they're handling both FOID appeals AND CCL appeals. how hard could it be? "yes hi, i'm calling about my application." "oh okay, let me pull it up. ah i see it was just your ID was invalid but looks good now. i'll put it through."

i'm sick of waiting. I wonder what would happen if I drove down to springfield and tried to discuss it in person.

Everyone Ive talked too at the ISP since March says that they see in their system all the documentation that explains my situation. They say that their system documents that there was an ERROR made the first time they ran my background check and also has a copy of the correct background check that shows Im not a felon. I sent in my written appeal on March 20th. It does seem like its just a matter of someone reviewing the documents and making a decision.

In my opinion its either incompetence or they are just not approving any administrative appeals.

HAS ANYONE (other than instructor issues) been approved from an administrative appeal yet??

FCCL appeals seem to be going forward nicely...figure that FOID appeals take 18 months to two years to get through the initial hearing and then another year to appeal before you every get the ability to go to court. If you try to bypass the hearing they will try to get you thrown out of court for failure to exhaust administrative appeals.

Webmarketingmaster,

I have won my appeal through the circuit court. It took about 4 months from the day I submitted the appeal until I received the court order telling the ISP to issue my CCL (a case of mistaken identity). After I submitted the court order, it took about another month until I went active. I received my CCL about 3 days after I went active.

Webmarketingmaster,

I have won my appeal through the circuit court. It took about 4 months from the day I submitted the appeal until I received the court order telling the ISP to issue my CCL (a case of mistaken identity). After I submitted the court order, it took about another month until I went active. I received my CCL about 3 days after I went active.

Thanks for the info. It just doesnt make sense to me. If anyone at the ISP just looked at the FACTS that are attached to my file within the ISP they will have the documentation to know exactly why I was denied and that an error was made.

Are they that incompetent or do they just not want me to get a CCL?

Am I going to have to file a lawsuit for them to fix an error they made?

Webmarketingmaster,

Thanks for the info. It just doesnt make sense to me. If anyone at the ISP just looked at the FACTS that are attached to my file within the ISP they will have the documentation to know exactly why I was denied and that an error was made.

You can go ahead and file a lawsuit and then you will wait just like everyone else that has already filed a lawsuit.

Webmarketingmaster,

I understand your frustration. My guess would be that they have so many CCLs to process that are bound by the 90 timeline that they are putting the appeals on the side as there is not a timeline in which they have to have appeals processed. After I won my administrative review appeal, they sat on mine as well until I had my lawyer call. I had it in my hand a week after my Lawyer called after waiting a month with nothing happening (and that is after I won my case). I would say keep calling because it seems to me the "squeeky wheel, gets the greasing".

Archived