ACTIVE, then your card Doesn't arrive

Franko

I and a few others are in this boat. You go active with card number and expiration date, then nothing. Somehow we are stuck in " no-mans" land. You can email and they don't respond. You can call and call. Answer wait for 3 weeks. This is not acceptable! We have paid, took the training, passed back round checks, been waiting for 100+ days now. ( today is 105 for me). I have emailed my Rep. Don't know if that will help or not.

Someone at ISP needs to address this and fix it! They are ignoring it!

If it doesn't come after 10 days, email them. I had to do that and they sent me a replacement with the condition I send back any duplicates if the original and the duplicate both arrive.

How long ago was that? Now they are telling some to wait three weeks. I can never get them to respond to my email.

Yep, 3 days for me as well. I was in the first mailing last month.

I can understand a week, but waiting that long is unacceptable. In hate the "just have to wait" excuse. They gave me the same crap while waiting for instructor approval.

Agree Biodeesul..

Mine took 8 days to get to me. I'm 27 miles from Spfd.

Geez. I just wanted to make sure with them that it went out. They don't know. What worried me was some people got 2 cards. And the computer skipped the next in line. Just a thought.

I'm rooting for you Franko.

Geez. I just wanted to make sure with them that it went out. They don't know. What worried me was some people got 2 cards. And the computer skipped the next in line. Just a thought.

Which is a very valid concern depending on how the cards and data are managed, and what kind of error proofing has been incorporated. Once a blank card reaches a step in the overall card manufacturing process where it has been imprinted with unique information, then the location of that specific card in the system should be tracked in software as it is transferred all the way through the rest of the operations right up to where it goes into an addressed envelope. A belt-and-suspenders approach would even utilize a vision system to compare the name on the card and the letter to the name on the envelope just prior to going into the envelope. This increases the complexity of the software but provides the most robust process.

A simpler (less expensive) way of managing the data by the use of a shift register exists, but for this to work properly the cards have to march in perfect order between operations. If, for instance, a damaged card is removed from the queue between stations, now the wrong data (such as envelope printing) could be matched with the wrong card. Neither the machine nor anyone else would ever know. An operator could be stationed at this operation to visually confirm the information is correct, but unfortunately where an extremely low defect rate is important, operators are not sufficiently reliable. Plus the additional person adds cost to the overall process.

Even cheaper, mechanical shields can be added to restrict access to cards between stations so that it is physically impossible to remove a card and thereby mess up the sequence, but this can cause difficulty in the event of a jam. Frequently such shields end up being removed.

Achieving a low defect rate only costs money. With the dough the ISP is collecting they could have easily purchased a dozen Cadillac systems. Who knows if they did or not?

Which is a very valid concern depending on how the cards and data are managed, and what kind of error proofing has been incorporated. Once a blank card reaches a step in the overall card manufacturing process where it has been imprinted with unique information, then the location of that specific card in the system should be tracked in software as it is transferred all the way through the rest of the operations right up to where it goes into an addressed envelope. A belt-and-suspenders approach would even utilize a vision system to compare the name on the card and the letter to the name on the envelope just prior to going into the envelope. This increases the complexity of the software but provides the most robust process.

A simpler (less expensive) way of managing the data by the use of a shift register exists, but for this to work properly the cards have to march in perfect order between operations. If, for instance, a damaged card is removed from the queue between stations, now the wrong data (such as envelope printing) could be matched with the wrong card. Neither the machine nor anyone else would ever know. An operator could be stationed at this operation to visually confirm the information is correct, but unfortunately where an extremely low defect rate is important, operators are not sufficiently reliable. Plus the additional person adds cost to the overall process.

Even cheaper, mechanical shields can be added to restrict access to cards between stations so that it is physically impossible to remove a card and thereby mess up the sequence, but this can cause difficulty in the event of a jam. Frequently such shields end up being removed.

Achieving a low defect rate only costs money. With the dough the ISP is collecting they could have easily purchased a dozen Cadillac systems. Who knows if they did or not?

Very interesting. This has crossed my mind as I said before. Someone could have been skipped. They may have bought the " Yugo " printer. My credit card was worn. I called Tuesday. From California card in hand Friday. ISP can't get me my card 100 miles a way in a week? Sorry, I see no excuse for this. New system or not. At least listen to people when there is a problem and fix it.. Nope...

If it doesn't come after 10 days, email them. I had to do that and they sent me a replacement with the condition I send back any duplicates if the original and the duplicate both arrive.

How long ago was that? Now they are telling some to wait three weeks. I can never get them to respond to my email.

Mid March was when I was having issues. I was approved 02/27

Mine took 8 days to get to me. I'm 27 miles from Spfd.

I'm rooting for you Franko.
Me, too. You're overdue, man...

Mid March was when I was having issues. I was approved 02/27

How long for you to finally recieve it?

There were instances listed in the first batch such as envelopes being received unsealed and several envelopes stuck together, resulting in one licensee receiving another licensees card. Haven't seen much of that listed here lately, but it could be a cause of delayed receipt and the ISP having to send a second card.

When my card came on March 18 it showed date issued as 2/27/14 and expire 2/27/19 so it did arrive finally just shy of three weeks after issued while other instructors in my city got their cards on 3/1. Odd thing in my case is that I didn't show Active until somewhere between 3/10 and 3/13 even though apparently issued way back on 2/27. So even though got card in about a week after showing active didn't get it until almost three weeks from when issued. I did call and e-mail them just prior to card arriving.

Archived