Appealing CCL Review Board Denial

Molly B.

Congratulations to those that stuck with it and saw it pay off!!! Hope we don't have to do this all over again next time...

To the poster that said the judge was STILL confused at CMC: I'm not surprised. The judge can't be an expert in everything. The courts count on the litigants to educate them. That's why my filings were so lengthy and exhaustive.

Dfens, are you familiar with a 'Writ of Mandamus'??

A lawyer friend helping me out as he is able (but does not at all specialize or have a ton of experience in chancery court) suggested that to me. But I am unfamiliar with what that is.

I am vaguely familiar with a writ of mandamus. Not often used because there must generally be a clear obligation to perform some duty which is typically not discretionary. In my estimation, the courts are not likely to grant such a writ under most circumstances. Had the ISP ignored the court order I got, I probably could have gotten a writ.

I also uploaded my responds as a PDF and also wrote on the comment section as much detail as I could – I never mailed anything. Ssrkid86 & Sysco70, I’m crossing my fingers that you both go Active soon, you have been fighting a good fight and have been a great support on this forum with plenty of post – As always thanks to all the members for supporting each other - Take Care and Good Luck.

IllinoisCarry Members – I crossed my fingers and hoped that the CCLRB would have looked into their mistake after my CCL denial - I became a member of the IllinoisCarry forum, which other members were in the same or similar situation as myself - I was denied because false accusations – They stated that I was arrested back in 1989 for possession of a firearm (I was never arrested then and did not own a firearm in 1989) - Received suggestion from the IllinoisCarry Members on how to take on the Review Board - Got the courage and I paid the outrages amount of $348 to start the appeal process - Couldn’t afford an a attorney, at my court date I was remanded back to the CCLRB - they asked for additional information which I uploaded within the 10 days to respond – I asked them to compare my FOID photo to whatever mug shot they have on file for that arrest case in 1989 and compare my TCN fingerprints to that arrest as well -Today after a long fight - my CCL is now “ACTIVE” on the CCLRB website!

I still went to my case management call and the Judge did not truly understand any of the process – he kept asking the attorney for the ISP to explain the remand process and what exactly is the upload process – I became Active just before going to the court, but the ISP Attorney didn’t have that information – so they dismiss my case, since I am at Active Status - Thanks IllinoisCarry and the Members, I would have given up the fight if not for your suggestion and advice through this forum – Good luck to all of you

Congrats!

Ok I haven't been on here for a while last time I check mine it was a few weeks ago and it said under review but what I do next do I have to send them proof only way I no how to do that is a copy of my arrest record I read something here should I upload a pdf file form of my arrest record I don't know help me out. Thank you

Ok I haven't been on here for a while last time I check mine it was a few weeks ago and it said under review but what I do next do I have to send them proof only way I no how to do that is a copy of my arrest record I read something here should I upload a pdf file form of my arrest record I don't know help me out. Thank you

Under review or Under Board review ?

So day 34 and I'm still under board review. Spoke to my lawyer as well as ISP and both have the same answer... Just wait another couple of weeks or so. In another week, it'll have been 8 months since I applied. It's really frustrating that the board constantly changes the rules and then doesn't even have enough respect to follow their own made up policies. Can't wait til my son is off to college so I can move outta this backwards state.

Gents and ladies - Before going to Active Status on 10-22-2014 – I first went to Appeal under Review, So good luck Benji – I was also at 9 Months since I had applied and 34 days after I had uploaded my docs – but as you can see, It seems that the board is currently doing the reviews, so hopefully many more will go Active soon - Ssrkid86 & Sysco70 and everyone else – I’m still crossing my fingers that many go Active this week – Good Luck All

Gents and ladies - Before going to Active Status on 10-22-2014 – I first went to Appeal under Review, So good luck Benji – I was also at 9 Months since I had applied and 34 days after I had uploaded my docs – but as you can see, It seems that the board is currently doing the reviews, so hopefully many more will go Active soon - Ssrkid86 & Sysco70 and everyone else – I’m still crossing my fingers that many go Active this week – Good Luck All

Ok what should I upload if you mind me asking a copy of my arrest record a letter explaining that I am innocent I don't know please help

Ok what should I upload if you mind me asking a copy of my arrest record a letter explaining that I am innocent I don't know please help

I would upload your Arrest Record and supporting documents – Explains in Details with your documents why you feel you were falsely accused or if their records were incorrect – bundle everything in 1 PDF file to upload, also write as much of the same detail explanation on the comment section supporting your argument – Take Care

Remember guys, this IS a legal document. Be extremely careful with what you say. I waited ten days (the max amount of time given) before I submitted my response (from when the box appeared on my app status page) and I'm glad I did. My response on the first day was worlds apart from what I sent in ten days later (which was good enough to overcome the objection).

Try to be as clear and concise as possible. Also, try not to ramble. The first two drafts I had were both lengthy and rambled on, while the 3rd was short and to the point. Due to the wide variety of objections, the responses (and supporting docs) will vary just as greatly.

Remember guys, this IS a legal document. Be extremely careful with what you say. I waited ten days (the max amount of time given) before I submitted my response (from when the box appeared on my app status page) and I'm glad I did. My response on the first day was worlds apart from what I sent in ten days later (which was good enough to overcome the objection).

Try to be as clear and concise as possible. Also, try not to ramble. The first two drafts I had were both lengthy and rambled on, while the 3rd was short and to the point. Due to the wide variety of objections, the responses (and supporting docs) will vary just as greatly.

100 percent agree with you

Ok just checked it and it don't let me upload nothing and it still says appeal under review Idk what to do this is pissing me off I work for home land security and this how our great nation pays me back.

You've waited this long. Be patient. It will appear soon enough. As well as the letter in the mail.

Ok great Thank you ill keep you guys posted also can somebody help me out when it comes not to good at this kind of stuff welling to pay as well for the help

Archived