Invalid TCN, I typed the number wrong. HELP

Hawks102089

First off, let me say I am an idiot. I got a letter in the mail saying my TCN was invalid. I was confused at first but upon further review, I made a typo and put in the wrong number. So, how I fix this? I called the ISP and was on hold for over an hour and had to hang because I had things to do. I sent an email and haven't got a reply in a day and a half. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to correct my TCN?

Thanks

First off, let me say I am an idiot. I got a letter in the mail saying my TCN was invalid. I was confused at first but upon further review, I made a typo and put in the wrong number. So, how I fix this? I called the ISP and was on hold for over an hour and had to hang because I had things to do. I sent an email and haven't got a reply in a day and a half. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to correct my TCN?

Thanks

Just thought I would send the ISP an email today and see if there are any problems on my 1/5 76XX# application. Got an email back within 5 minutes saying that the TCN # is wrong and that will push me to the 120 day mark!! However if I can supply them with the correct # which begins with LS, that they will correct the application and put me back in with the 90 day people. The person who gave me the receipt for the livescan highlighted the wrong number. I should have looked closer at the livescan receipt because it is very small type but it does say applicant TCN and above that is the LS #. Oh well this proves that it does hurt to check or stay in touch with any questions regarding the ISP. Its funny why they would not contact me and ask me for the correct #, instead they would have pushed me into the 120 day period. So many things can go wrong if you are not careful in this whole CCL process. Every T has to be crossed and every i has to be dotted. Hopefully I will get an email back regarding the corrected number.

This is an email that I got back from the ISP after contacting them first:

"The TCN you have supplied on your application (and the one you have listed below) are not valid TCN numbers. Therefore, your application has moved over to the 120 days to process category. If you supply the correct TCN we can add it to your application and it will move you back to the 90 day time frame. TCNs begin with LS - I suggest contacting your Live Scan vendor to assist you with this information. Thank you."

I submitted the entire # beginning with the LS# on the left of the receipt and the # on the right of the TCN receipt. My receipt highlighted only one side. I did not get a confirming email back so I thought I would call. After about 10 minutes and operator answered and actually went into the computer and changed my information with the correct TCN #. I am posting this because a lot of follow up does not hurt especially when communication is so one sided. At the end of the conversation she repeated all the corrected information to me.

I went to my application and the TCN# has not changed. The number they have is correct but I did not give them the whole number beginning with the LS. This was 2 days ago and still UR from 1/5 and no change on application but I feel better that I sent an email and called and had them physically change it on the ISP computer. All this means is that if I would not have corrected the number I would be dumped into the 120 day stuff and my $55.00 and 120 mile gas drive would have been a waste of time and money. It is not the ISP fault but the fact that I did not put down the whole number on the left and right of the receipt.

In conclusion my best advice is to email and to call and allow yourself enough time for them to pick the phone up. I have called twice and they are very helpful.

Thanks

In conclusion my best advice is to email and to call and allow yourself enough time for them to pick the phone up. I have called twice and they are very helpful.

I have tried emailing them regarding this twice in the last week since this issue surfaced and have not gotten any response whatsoever. I submitted on 1-2 and have not received anything from the ISP on why I have not been approved yet but I believe this is why...just frustrating how bad and inconsistent the communication is from them (you get an email response back in 5 min and some are getting letters, I've gotten nothing). I am at about 10 days left on the 90 and at this point my guess would be that non-prints are going to get approved soon following the 90 day mark anyway so I dont know that it is even worth the effort considering it will likely not get me within the 90 day anyway.

What # did you call Classic?

Thanks

I have tried emailing them regarding this twice in the last week since this issue surfaced and have not gotten any response whatsoever. I submitted on 1-2 and have not received anything from the ISP on why I have not been approved yet but I believe this is why...just frustrating how bad and inconsistent the communication is from them (you get an email response back in 5 min and some are getting letters, I've gotten nothing). I am at about 10 days left on the 90 and at this point my guess would be that non-prints are going to get approved soon following the 90 day mark anyway so I dont know that it is even worth the effort considering it will likely not get me within the 90 day anyway.

What # did you call Classic?

ISP 217-782-7980

Got a letter today stating that my TCN# is incorrect. Got my fingerprints from Williamson County Court House and she wrote down the TCN # for me. Sent it in with App. on line.....Now what do I do? Pisses me off that the lady might have give me the wrong number....tried emailing ISP, and waiting for response...I am going to the courthouse Monday to try to ask about this...I have my receipt that I have paid for the live scan fingerprints.... Applied 1/5/14..App. #15xxx

Got a letter today stating that my TCN# is incorrect. Got my fingerprints from Williamson County Court House and she wrote down the TCN # for me. Sent it in with App. on line.....Now what do I do? Pisses me off that the lady might have give me the wrong number....tried emailing ISP, and waiting for response...I am going to the courthouse Monday to try to ask about this...I have my receipt that I have paid for the live scan fingerprints.... Applied 1/5/14..App. #15xxx

Are you sure that's what the letter said? Look at the thread about getting a letter in regards to prints today.

Are you sure that's what the letter said? Look at the thread about getting a letter in regards to prints today.

Yes, A few posts up from this one.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Yes, A few posts up from this one.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

What are you talking about? I see one post from chap in this thread. I was asking if he was sure that the letter said the TCN was entered wrong, because the letters people are receiving can lead them to believe their TCN was entered wrong, but that's not likely the real issue.

Does your letter say this:

In reviewing your application for a Concealed Carry License, the Illinois State Police (ISP) is unable to verify your fingerprint record based upon the Transaction Control Number (TCN) you provided.

The ISP Concealed Carry Unit will continue to process your application; however, unless you provide a corrected TCN, your application will be processed based on a 120 day processing time line as fingerprints are not available to the ISP at this time. Questions related to your TCN or fingerprints should be directed to your Live Scan vendor.

After emails and phone call correspondence to the CCW ISP about my TCN# not having enough numbers, it was finally changed over the weekend at some point in time to the correct TCN# with 16 digits. I was amazed that it had been changed and I could see it on my application. I hope this puts me back in with the 90 day applications. TCN# is correct now but still under review,1/5 app, #76XX. I guess I will know in 13 days!

I had them live scanned at the courthouse...When they take them, at that point, the machine will tell you if they were clear or not. She took them and said they came out clear and I was good to go...

You can take prints that the machine will accept as "good", but they are deemed not classifiable by the Bureau of Identification.

If it was an LE agency that did your prints, do you know for sure that they were properly setup and authorized to do non-criminal justice fingerprinting. I ran into an instructor who had himself fingerprinted by his LE agency employer and the ISP sent him to have it re-done at an authorized vendor. Doing arrest fingerprinting and doing non-criminal justice fingerprinting are two very different things. And that guy wasn't the only LEO to get caught up in that.

So is the TCN# suppose to be 16 digits on everyones? Mine is only 15....I might have found the problem....She only wrote down 15....They were suppose to be set up for CCW printing, but I will scheck it out tomorrow....

Yes, it is suppose to be 16 digits of letters and numbers. On my receipt the LS123456 (left side of receipt) 12345678 (right side of receipt hand written in #s only)

Hope this helps!

So is the TCN# suppose to be 16 digits on everyones? Mine is only 15....I might have found the problem....She only wrote down 15....They were suppose to be set up for CCW printing, but I will scheck it out tomorrow....

The TCN is 16 characters and should look something like this: LS12345L12345678

Sure enough, she inadverantly left out a number, when she gave it to me. At first she wanted to charge me another 10 bucks, then I explained to her that I dont think its the prints, I think its the number. We looked it up and I was right. Got the right TCN # and trying to contact ISP....No answer, and trying to email, any other suggestions???

You can forget calling between 8:30 and 5:00pm, get a recording, then it hangs up.....Emailed Ask_CCL@isp.state.il.us and Lisa got back to me pretty quick. I sent her an attachment with all my info, she said she took care of it, but that I would not see the changes when I logged in to my digital account, but hopefully I see the "under reveiw" change.....

Archived