My license was in my mail today!

Well, I don't know why mine was so fast, I got it in 36 days, arrived 38 days after I applied. I thought it was because of my military training, but several here have that also.

Maybe it was just timing, or perhaps the fact that I currently work for an agency that required an FBI background check. Since that was done, maybe the ISP gave it to me right after the 30 day waiting period was over.

But that is all conjecture, Hope it goes fast for everyone now!

I really don't know why mine also took from march 31 until may 2. I am also former military and have the background checks for work also. Might have something to do with it or it's just luck of the draw? Who knows.

Your not complaining are you?

Well, I don't know why mine was so fast, I got it in 36 days, arrived 38 days after I applied. I thought it was because of my military training, but several here have that also.

Maybe it was just timing, or perhaps the fact that I currently work for an agency that required an FBI background check. Since that was done, maybe the ISP gave it to me right after the 30 day waiting period was over.

But that is all conjecture, Hope it goes fast for everyone now!

You submit prints?

Late night report,

Applied march 31

Prints. Yes

Approved/active May 2

In my mailbox may 3

Sangamon county.

Would have reported earlier today, but was on my way to run errands when I checked the mail, so I grabbed my pistol, slipped it and the holster inside my wasteband. And proceeded to do my "Wally walk". And it felt good.

Late night report,

Applied march 31

Prints. Yes

Approved/active May 2

In my mailbox may 3

Sangamon county.

Would have reported earlier today, but was on my way to run errands when I checked the mail, so I grabbed my pistol, slipped it and the holster inside my wasteband. And proceeded to do my "Wally walk". And it felt good.

Congrats...Carry On..

Late night report,

Applied march 31

Prints. Yes

Approved/active May 2

In my mailbox may 3

Sangamon county.

Congrats...Carry On..

Sorry Franko, I was going to wait to do my Wally walk until after you get a chance to do yours, but I got excited and was on my way there anyway, I took off and did it with out waiting. I know your walk is waiting till after the road trip but your time is coming.

I really don't know why mine also took from march 31 until may 2. I am also former military and have the background checks for work also. Might have something to do with it or it's just luck of the draw? Who knows.

Your not complaining are you?

not at all!

Late night report,

Applied march 31

Prints. Yes

Approved/active May 2

In my mailbox may 3

Sangamon county.

Congrats...Carry On..
Sorry Franko, I was going to wait to do my Wally walk until after you get a chance to do yours, but I got excited and was on my way there anyway, I took off and did it with out waiting. I know your walk is waiting till after the road trip but your time is coming.
Hey no problem. It's there and I'm carrying where I am now on my AZ permit. At least they finally mailed the damn thing. Be safe..... BTW I hate Walmart, but had to go there today and yes I was carrying. Edited by Franko

yes I did submit prints, but the ISP, FBI and several other alphabets have my prints anyway for work. But it appears that everyone who applied in mid to late march received their permit in around 35 days. I guess the backlog is over, if prints are submitted.

There are a few left from 1/5 still

Applied/paid 3/25/14, with prints. Active 4/29/14. In the mail 5/2/14. South Cook county. It came just in time for a trip to Iowa. Had to delay my trip a bit, to "holster up". Carried most of the weekend and not a thing happened...

Thanks to everyone here who have worked so hard to get this done. The fight is NOT over, though...

Edited by gstrom99

Wow Not sure what is going on then

Some of the early apps where approve then back to review then approved then active. ISP was doing some beta testing we think. I believe some got lost in the system. I was 115 days before I received my card. I was active 4/13 and called and emailed. When I got my card my expiration date was 4/28. Go figure. The later apps seem to be going smoother. But some are not. A lot of us wanted to be the first out of the gate and it didn't work like that for some. I just hope they get the early apps cleaned up and move forward.

yes I did submit prints, but the ISP, FBI and several other alphabets have my prints anyway for work. But it appears that everyone who applied in mid to late march received their permit in around 35 days. I guess the backlog is over, if prints are submitted.

I asked my friend at ISP about having prints on file already and he said no go, regardless of where they are from. He wasn't even able to use his prints from being on the job and he works for ISP.