My license was in my mail today!

3/29/21 submitted and paid for my renewal. Submitted training certificate, no prints.

"We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue."

2/23/22 Sent email, never got response.

3/12/22 Received email of status change.

3/15/22 "Active" on web site, printed 3/14/22, expiration 3/14/27.

3/17/22 In my mailbox.  FOID with CCL indicator, no expiration date on card.

• 4 months later...

I could not be more frustrated right now. My renewal CC card was supposedly printed/mailed in June. Never received. Called, they printed another in July...never received. Getting ready to call again. They were so nice about it, and they're already overworked, but damn I need my card. All I have is expired FOID and CC now and so many places don't accept that. Once again this weekend I'll be places 90% of the time with no cell signal, so the "online ID" thing isn't convenient should I need it.

I live alone in a single family home in a small town. I have no other problems with mail. No one else gets my mail. My mailbox is right next to my front door under the coverage of 2 security cameras from different systems. I have USPS informed delivery, which has never showed a card being about to be delivered.

My word, is there some way to PAY to have your card sent with some sort of tracking? 

This is beyond frustrating.

Edited by anita_g

On 8/9/2022 at 9:21 AM, anita_g said:

I could not be more frustrated right now. My renewal CC card was supposedly printed/mailed in June. Never received. Called, they printed another in July...never received. Getting ready to call again. They were so nice about it, and they're already overworked, but damn I need my card. All I have is expired FOID and CC now and so many places don't accept that. Once again this weekend I'll be places 90% of the time with no cell signal, so the "online ID" thing isn't convenient should I need it.

I live alone in a single family home in a small town. I have no other problems with mail. No one else gets my mail. My mailbox is right next to my front door under the coverage of 2 security cameras from different systems. I have USPS informed delivery, which has never showed a card being about to be delivered.

My word, is there some way to PAY to have your card sent with some sort of tracking? 

This is beyond frustrating.

You might try saving a screen shot to your phone of your digital card and print it out too.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:37 PM, Molly B. said:

You might try saving a screen shot to your phone of your digital card and print it out too.

I understand wanting your new card, but what's the problem? The ffl (and police) will simple run your old foid or ccl card number to verify you/them are valid to possess or make a purchase. They will have to do the very same thing each and every time once you get your knew card.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:29 AM, Smallbore said:

I understand wanting your new card, but what's the problem? The ffl (and police) will simple run your old foid or ccl card number to verify you/them are valid to possess or make a purchase. They will have to do the very same thing each and every time once you get your knew card.

until you run into the cop that’s on a power trip, the inconvenience of it and what a tripping cop can escalate it to is just not worth it for me at least 

This is EXACTLY what just happened - well, in a way becaue thank God I had forgotten my firearm in a rush.

Was out hiking and got talking to a Conservation Officer about the park I was in and all. Then he asked me for ID. I remembered the lack of card and momentarily panicked. No cell coverage. I asked the guy what would have happened and he said a screen shot absolutely would not suffice because it has some sort of a time stamp on it and basically I was lucky I wasn't carrying.

I am now beyond p***** about this. The point is - for the person who asked what the big deal is - I should have a card. I am entitled to a card. I shouldn't have to hassle over it. And actually, I just broke my phone last weekend, didn't have it backed up, and would have to go get a new screen shot. And I don't always have my phone. So I'm supposed to be required to carry my phone just because I didn't received my card, through no fault of my own? No.

Who can be contacted? Attorney General? I am willing to pay whatever to actually receive my card!

On 8/22/2022 at 11:37 AM, anita_g said:

This is EXACTLY what just happened - well, in a way becaue thank God I had forgotten my firearm in a rush.

Was out hiking and got talking to a Conservation Officer about the park I was in and all. Then he asked me for ID. I remembered the lack of card and momentarily panicked. No cell coverage. I asked the guy what would have happened and he said a screen shot absolutely would not suffice because it has some sort of a time stamp on it and basically I was lucky I wasn't carrying.

I am now beyond p***** about this. The point is - for the person who asked what the big deal is - I should have a card. I am entitled to a card. I shouldn't have to hassle over it. And actually, I just broke my phone last weekend, didn't have it backed up, and would have to go get a new screen shot. And I don't always have my phone. So I'm supposed to be required to carry my phone just because I didn't received my card, through no fault of my own? No.

Who can be contacted? Attorney General? I am willing to pay whatever to actually receive my card!

How would having your new card help you in this situation?

If the officer will not accept the screen shot with your info then why would he accept the card with no more info and perhaps older info?

I understand your concern and frustration but you do not seem to understand the new card doesn't prove you have a valid license. 

The Illinois State Police have stuck it to us all big time.

On 8/22/2022 at 11:00 PM, Smallbore said:

How would having your new card help you in this situation?

If the officer will not accept the screen shot with your info then why would he accept the card with no more info and perhaps older info?

Probably because officers still think there's going to be an expiration date on a physical card. When they finally look at an actual card with no date, there are three things that could happen.

1. They are so overcome with confusion that their brain shuts down. You grab your card and walk away while they reboot.
  2. They admit that oppressing you has become more effort than it's worth, so they let you go.
  3. They think your card is fake and arrest you for forging government documents.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Processing times are at the bottom of this page: https://isp.illinois.gov/Foid 

Three of us applied for new CCL with fingerprints on Aug 14. Status changed to approved/printed Oct 3, and USPS informed delivery shows what I assume are them arriving today (Oct 8). Around 55 days from application to receipt.

The attached image shows ISP published processing times for September.

C7E5E222-5B37-4C60-BA82-915A4F660D56.thumb.jpeg.db510c33fe784627673f3e6a00d225e5.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Here is my timeline with fingerprints:

Submitted            9/21/2022
Active/Printed     11/10/2022

Unfortunately, it's still not in my mail. 
Anyone with a timeline similar to mine and have you received your card?
One of the people that was in class with me got his so I'm starting to worry that USPS lost mine.. 

Edited by oprtb

• 1 month later...

Thanks @Troym and @oprtb for sharing your timelines.  I'm 63 days in for my renewal and still in the verification que.  I did not submit fingerprints, so I have 57 days remaining.  I don't know the significance of 57 days remaining since I have seen posts here that days remaining can go negative.  I also don't know if the FSB workflow is different for non-resident renewal applicants.

On 1/19/2023 at 11:01 AM, veela said:

So I did a renewal that expired on May 2020.  Took since July to go active and now it's only good for a little over 2 years?  Is this normal?

Renewals are (supposed to be) valid 5 years from the previous expiration. (It doesn't always work that way. I renewed early and lost time.) Because of the pandemic rules, your CCL is retroactively valid for the time it had previously expired.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question:  How many days doe it take to get through the following queue?

We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue.

Edited by OneGun
spelling

• 4 months later...

What is the consensus on ISP’s turnaround. I finally applied today for CCL and supplied finger prints today.  Is the conceal carry like the FOID wherein it goes active before physically card shows up and can be generated on ISP website allowing carry if you can show a generated electronic copy vs physical license if necessary? When my FOID went active on ISP site I was able to use generated electronic copy to purchase a firearm w no issues. 
Cheers