My license was in my mail today!

Thanks Molly. Last time I did a address change. It took almost two months to get my newer FOID card. I went to purchase a pistol and from that transaction I found out my FOID card was suspended. It was suspended during the address change process. My drivers license was different than my FOID card.

Thanks

49 days, no FOID yet.

Application submitted on 12/10/2015

41 days later, on 1/20/2016

- Website still says "Under review" (Exercising patience and understanding regarding our civil servants.)

- Inspect element on Status says "QC_Verified" (Thanks for the tip; learned about that here!)

- Called ISP early in the morning (Learned through experience that by afternoon you just get a recording.)

- File forwarded to supervisor (Since it was well past the 30 days legal requirement.)

- Inspect element now says "Approved" (Though website still says "Under review".)

- Website finally says "Active" (Woohoo!)

- With active FOID# (and printout of webpage), visited LGS (Learned physical FOID card required to handle merchandise.)

8 days later, on 1/28/2016

- Called ISP

- Sent to printer on 1/20/2016

- Told to wait 7-10 business days after approval to receive card (2/3/2016, 55 days after application, possibly)

49 days, still waiting for FOID (not lost, not disputed, just SOP, apparently)

- All this just for uncontested FOID to handle, rent, purchase firearm and / or ammunition

- And I'm no 18 year old immigrant gang banger; I'm a middle-aged white suburban male born and raised in Illinois.

From FOID Frequently Asked Questions

"The Illinois State Police has 30 days to approve or deny the FOID application from the date of receipt. Please allow a few additional days for mailing before calling the Customer Service Center."

My experience: more than "30 days to approve", more than "a few additional days for mailing".

Still waiting to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights.

Sorry for the rant. In many other countries there would be NO process for legal possession of firearms. Just a reality check that things are moving very slowly here.

Edited by g10078

49 days, no FOID yet.

Application submitted on 12/10/2015

41 days later, on 1/20/2016

- Website still says "Under review" (Exercising patience and understanding regarding our civil servants.)

- Inspect element on Status says "QC_Verified" (Thanks for the tip; learned about that here!)

- Called ISP early in the morning (Learned through experience that by afternoon you just get a recording.)

- File forwarded to supervisor (Since it was well past the 30 days legal requirement.)

- Inspect element now says "Approved" (Though website still says "Under review".)

- Website finally says "Active" (Woohoo!)

- With active FOID# (and printout of webpage), visited LGS (Learned physical FOID card required to handle merchandise.)

8 days later, on 1/28/2016

- Called ISP

- Sent to printer on 1/20/2016

- Told to wait 7-10 business days after approval to receive card (2/3/2016, 55 days after application, possibly)

49 days, still waiting for FOID (not lost, not disputed, just SOP, apparently)

- All this just for uncontested FOID to handle, rent, purchase firearm and / or ammunition

- And I'm no 18 year old immigrant gang banger; I'm a middle-aged white suburban male born and raised in Illinois.

From FOID Frequently Asked Questions

"The Illinois State Police has 30 days to approve or deny the FOID application from the date of receipt. Please allow a few additional days for mailing before calling the Customer Service Center."

My experience: more than "30 days to approve", more than "a few additional days for mailing".

Still waiting to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights.

Sorry for the rant. In many other countries there would be NO process for legal possession of firearms. Just a reality check that things are moving very slowly here.

your entire complaint was well understood until the very end. FYI whether or not your 18 or whether your an immigrant or a gangbanger or not makes no difference to isp when you apply. What does matter is that you are a law abiding citizen that meets ISP requirements to obtain a foid. Many foid card holders have been/ are immigrants and/or gangbangers with no priors. Just because your white and live in a suburb doesn't guarantee you a foid card. It's that mentality that causes isp and the board of review to delay issueing foids and ccl's to law abiding immigrant citizens with no priors such as myself. So thank you for ranting off like a jerk and expecting special privileges because your a white suburbanite. We all have to wait. Immigrant or white. Suburban or city. White or blue collar. 18, middle-aged or senior. Everyone waits.

So thank you for ranting off like a jerk and expecting special privileges because your a white suburbanite. We all have to wait. Immigrant or white. Suburban or city. White or blue collar. 18, middle-aged or senior. Everyone waits.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160129/d34c6f7bc09ab729ccede66411599e29.jpg

Edited by Glock23

Got my CCL in the mail yesterday (2/1) with matching FOID after just about a full 90 days since I became certified. I did the application completely on-line, scanned the certificate and took a selfie for the photo. Since I wasn't about to spend $55 for fingerprints on top of $80 for the course and $150 for the license, I suppose I should feel glad it didn't take the full 120 days.

I hope to get some good information on CCW from this forum, although post 2057 above doesn't make me feel particularly optimistic. No forum needs ad hominem attacks, no matter what one's feelings about an opinion.

Edited by rico567

To Glock23 and rico567, thanks for your responses. I certainly didn't mean to offend anybody, so I'm glad to see that at least I didn't offend everybody. I admitted I was venting (ranting), and didn't even hold it against the ISP. I was just reporting my wait time for anyone else who might be interested, along with my circumstances, for reference. I've certainly found this board helpful, but after my introductory post, I may keep my thoughts to myself.