My license was in my mail today!

No The concealed carry license corresponds with your FOID card except with a 14 in the front

Actually, now it has a 15 in front (corresponding to year of issue); and, they are reissuing new FOIDs that correspond with new CCL numbers, not putting old FOID numbers on new CCLs anymore. (The number still has nothing to do with number of issued CCLs) Edited by Robert Catesby

Hey guys, those of us who were issued our licenses last year, before they began issuing new FOIDs with corresponding numbers, what are they planning on doing with us, like just waiting until our FOIDs are due to be renewed ? anyone with information would be appreciated. Thanks!

No. The State will not spend more money to reissue new cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, those of us who were issued our licenses last year, before they began issuing new FOIDs with corresponding numbers, what are they planning on doing with us, like just waiting until our FOIDs are due to be renewed ? anyone with information would be appreciated. Thanks!

$$We're getting official concealed carry badges.$$

I went active Tuesday June 2. I received a letter from the ISP on Saturday June 6 stating my FOID number is changing.

Any idea when I can expect mt CCW card and new FOID card?

Probably depends on the mail routing where you're at. I can mail a letter to someone in my town at the local post office, and it goes through Chicago first then back here. Go figure. I went active last Friday so I'm waiting on mine too.

I'm wondering if they were even "mailed" when ISP claims. Is there a way they can check to:

1) make sure the card was even printed

2) make sure some human actually put it in an envelope and dropped it in the outgoing mail?

If usps lost it, we're screwed another month. If we can show ISP messed up, then we have more options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk